March Update messed up my controller and astro A50 Headset.

Discus and support March Update messed up my controller and astro A50 Headset. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After the March 2015 Xbox One update my controller disconnects every once and awhile, And when I use my Astro A50 's for just chating with cable... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamieHoskison, Mar 18, 2015.

1. March Update messed up my controller and astro A50 Headset.

After the March 2015 Xbox One update my controller disconnects every once and awhile, And when I use my Astro A50 's for just chating with cable plugged into controller I get popping, or zapping sound everysecond and then controller disconnects! This did
    not happen before the recent update. When I am just playing a game with my headset on not using chat, everythings fine except for the once and a while controller disconnect! Problems really arise when I hook my headset chat cable in controller. I found that
    if I do the same thing and have controller plugged in to xbox one. it works flawlessly. Help!

:)

JamieHoskison, Mar 18, 2015
  2. Still no Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround after update

Astro a40/a50 headsets support dolby digital, not dts to my knowledge

xi LIGHTSOUT ix, Mar 18, 2015
  3. Xbox One S, no sound headset just switched from A50

so I had an Xbox one Astro a50, and elite controller, esentially borrowed whatever... ok

So I went back to my regular controller and got a wired cloudx headset.

No game volume on the headset I tried everything I can in the settings.

Audio is not bitstream set anymore, vol all the way up.

Also this happened with both my wired headsets

Still no vol

pl0x helps!!!

KyleStewartFromShreveport, Mar 18, 2015
  4. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest

Hey there Jamsam360!

Sorry to hear about the controller and headset issue! Have you checked to see if there are any updates available for that controller? To verify that the controller is up to date, follow the steps below:

• Plug your headset into your Xbox One controller.
    • Press the Menu button on your Xbox One controller and select 'Settings'.
    • In the Settings menu, select 'Devices & accessories'.
    • Select your controller.
    • Run the update if it is available.
    If the screen show's 'No update available', the next step is to see if a friend or family member has a different controller you can try with your Xbox One console using the same set up so we can narrow down the issue even further! Post back and let
    us know how it goes! March Update messed up my controller and astro A50 Headset. :D

Mister Beep, Mar 19, 2015
  5. Controller updated along with my other controllers. Still have problem! Used all other controllers. The problem did not start until this march update. Everything was fine before.

JamieHoskison, Mar 19, 2015
  6. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    The next thing I recommend trying is heading over
    Astro Gaming's Support
    page to try some troubleshooting steps so we can rule out if it is the headset or not.

After you have contacted Astro Gaming's support, post back here and let us know the results! March Update messed up my controller and astro A50 Headset. :)

Mister Beep, Mar 23, 2015
  7. They told me to hook controller up wired to console with headset to see if it happens still. It worked flawless hooked up to console no problem. I told them and have not heard back as of yet its been 2 days now. I need to know what the problem could be since
    it works wired but not wireless?

JamieHoskison, Mar 23, 2015
  8. ISAIAHBOWIE
    ISAIAHBOWIE Guest

yes myself and 4 others are having the same prob after the march update, pretty butturt right now.

ISAIAHBOWIE, Mar 23, 2015
  9. TragicSkies
    TragicSkies Guest
    It seems like maybe their is an interference for some reason, have you tried using your headset on the computer or something similar to distinguish if the problem is from the headset or Xbox related?

This would help the crew over at Microsoft, I'm sure.

If it's a major problem I'm sure their will be a fix shortly. Just hang tight.

TragicSkies, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Mister Beep Win User

Hey there Jamsam360!

Sorry to hear about the controller and headset issue! Have you checked to see if there are any updates available for that controller? To verify that the controller is up to date, follow the steps below:

• Plug your headset into your Xbox One controller.
    • Press the Menu button on your Xbox One controller and select 'Settings'.
    • In the Settings menu, select 'Devices & accessories'.
    • Select your controller.
    • Run the update if it is available.
    If the screen show's 'No update available', the next step is to see if a friend or family member has a different controller you can try with your Xbox One console using the same set up so we can narrow down the issue even further! Post back and let
    us know how it goes! :D
  11. JamieHoskison Win User

They told me to hook controller up wired to console with headset to see if it happens still. It worked flawless hooked up to console no problem. I told them and have not heard back as of yet its been 2 days now. I need to know what the problem could be since
    it works wired but not wireless?
  12. Mister Beep Win User

The next thing I recommend trying is heading over
    Astro Gaming's Support
    page to try some troubleshooting steps so we can rule out if it is the headset or not.

After you have contacted Astro Gaming's support, post back here and let us know the results! :)
  13. JamieHoskison Win User

Controller updated along with my other controllers. Still have problem! Used all other controllers. The problem did not start until this march update. Everything was fine before.
  14. TragicSkies Win User

It seems like maybe their is an interference for some reason, have you tried using your headset on the computer or something similar to distinguish if the problem is from the headset or Xbox related?

This would help the crew over at Microsoft, I'm sure.

If it's a major problem I'm sure their will be a fix shortly. Just hang tight.
Thema:

1. March Update messed up my controller and astro A50 Headset. - Similar Threads - March Update messed

2. Astro A40 with M80 mix amp not working since March 30 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Astro A40 with M80 mix amp not working since March 30 update: On or around March 30th the left side of my headset quite working with my Xbox One X after a update. Ive tried multiple controlers, updating the controlers, changing the setting. NOTHING WORKS....
  3. March update problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    March update problems: I've had a lot of trouble getting my console to turn on since the update. I've had the power go out a few times because of the rain, and my console refuses to start back up afterwards. It will...
  4. Xbox One keeps me signing out since March 2020 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One keeps me signing out since March 2020 update: Hi, Since the latest, March 2020 update (which brought the simplified dashboard as well), my console keeps me signing out. The internet connection is okay, and there was no problem with it...
  5. Project xCloud March Video Update & New Game in Public Preview

in XboX Insiders
    Project xCloud March Video Update & New Game in Public Preview: Hi All - We are excited to share what's been going on in Project xCloud. Check out our March video and stay tuned for the game announce at the end. Let us know your thoughts below. Video Here:...
  6. Windows Smartglass not finding xbox after 10 March update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows Smartglass not finding xbox after 10 March update: Yesterday I was having no issues with this, now after waking up to a new Xbox update, my PC Xbox App no longer can locate my Xbox. Yes I have tried typing the IP Address in with no result....
  7. **HELP Bricked Xbox One after March 26, 2018 Insider Update **

in XBoX on Consoles
    **HELP Bricked Xbox One after March 26, 2018 Insider Update **: Yesterday March 26, 2018, there I turned on my Xbox One console and there was an update being pushed to my console. I began the update and it downloaded the update, verified the update then began...
  8. Console starts up with severe lag most of the time since March 2017 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console starts up with severe lag most of the time since March 2017 update: We have a xbox one s console purchased this past December. All was fine until the March 2017 update. Now the console boots up 80% of the time with a lag / slowness that makes it unusable in games....
  9. Console starts up with severe lag most of the time since March 2017 update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console starts up with severe lag most of the time since March 2017 update: We have a xbox one s console purchased this past December. All was fine until the March 2017 update. Now the console boots up 80% of the time with a lag / slowness that makes it unusable in games....
  10. March 2017 Update: Microsoft messed up big time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    March 2017 Update: Microsoft messed up big time.: Hey all. How's your weekend? I've seen a lot of recent forum posts on this site this week and how several people are complaining about the March 2017 Update which came out this week. It looks...