Max Payne - Low Frame Rate

Discus and support Max Payne - Low Frame Rate in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running Max Payne (original Xbox) on my Xbox 360. It is backwards compatible. For some reason it has a very low frame rate. I read online that it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by thrasher585, Dec 3, 2019.

1. thrasher585
    thrasher585 Guest

I'm running Max Payne (original Xbox) on my Xbox 360. It is backwards compatible. For some reason it has a very low frame rate. I read online that it should run very smoothly on the 360 (roughly 60 FPS). I tried clearing my cache, formatting my drive, and
    reinstalling updates and no luck. I even tried another copy of the game and same thing. Is something wrong with my Xbox 360? The weird thing is that some other games run very smoothly.

:)

thrasher585, Dec 3, 2019
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I'm pretty certain Max Payne is a 30 fps game on the original Xbox. Also, the software emulator on the 360 isn't that great with many games not running the same speed as they do on original hardware.
  3. Daft Badger Win User

Yeah,the main reason they stopped adding original xbox games to xbox 360 backwards compatibility was because they could never get a lot of the games to run properly & that's probably the case with Max Payne.There's nothing you can do from your end i'm
    afraid & it wont get fixed at xbox's end.
  4. SoullessCodith Win User

I have Max Payne on the 360 also. I can get it to run at about 30 FPS. It also has controller lag at times and has a tendency to crash every once in a while.
  5. SoullessCodith Win User

FEAR - Xbox 360 - Low frame rate

I have noticed a lot of the older 360 games have pretty bad frame rates. I have not played FEAR on the 360 since it first came out, but I remember how bad the frame rates were in the earlier wresting games, and Max Payne.
  6. thrasher585 Win User

Xbox 360 - Do some games simply have a bad frame rate?

They are on single player.

The games FEAR and The Orange Box have a bad frame rate. Some backwards compatible games like Max Payne 1, 2 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Tides of War have a bad frame rate too.

Some games with a good frame rate are Rage and the Call of Duty series. Some backwards compatible games run well too like State of Emergency and the GTA series.
Thema:

1. Max Payne - Low Frame Rate - Similar Threads - Max Payne Low

2. Please make max Payne 3 backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please make max Payne 3 backwards compatible: Never really enjoyed that game just couldn't get into it tbh 7bc9e86e-5081-4187-baa9-a24315581865
  3. MAX PAYNE 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MAX PAYNE 3: I PURCHASED THE GAME MAX PAYNE 3 BY LIVE, BUT EVEN DOWNLOADING ALL THE GAME COMPLEMENT PATCHES, FROM CHAPTER VII SAYS THAT I NEED TO DOWNLOAD A NEW ADD-ON, BUT ALL AVAILABLE ADD-ONS HAVE ALREADY...
  4. Could Rockstar Games please bring Max Payne 3 to backward compatibility?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Could Rockstar Games please bring Max Payne 3 to backward compatibility?: Please bring Max Payne 3 to Xbox One backward compatibility. It's one on my favourite games of all time and I haven't played it in years. If it does come onto backward compatibility, I would buy...
  5. Max Payne 3 Disc on Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max Payne 3 Disc on Xbox one: If i buy max payne 3 on disc could i play it on my xbox one even if the game isnt backwards compatible? 8725a7ad-4e21-4bd2-951f-4c9e46d85dff
  6. Max Payne 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max Payne 3: The game was downloaded by me from Xbox Live. The weight of the game was 7.76 GB. After chapter 6, the remaining chapters are blocked. I know that I still have to download the missing parts of...
  7. Max payne 2 on Xbox 360: Corrupted Download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max payne 2 on Xbox 360: Corrupted Download: I wanted to re-download Max payne 2 I bought a while back, but every time I try, the game downloads all the way, taking up space, but the xbox states it cannot download the game, and the download...
  8. Bring Max Payne 3 to Backwards Compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bring Max Payne 3 to Backwards Compatibility: Please bring MAX PAYNE 3 to backward compatibility. I have missed playing the game and I really want to play it again. 950f0280-12b9-45d9-a798-e578ccdc68a0
  9. Max Payne 3 - Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max Payne 3 - Xbox One S: Hi, Yesterday Bought 'Max Payne 3 - Xbox 360' at the store (from the PC) Can't find it on the Xbox anywhere (not in 'ready for install' , not in the ' Store ' .. nowhere..) What Should I do?...
  10. Max Payne 3 backwards compatible please?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Max Payne 3 backwards compatible please?: Send the request to Rockstar games as well as the xboxideas site.. It is ultimately up to the publisher if a game gets backwards compatibility. f3274864-6fed-4854-abef-251bb08f1ca5