May Update Borked my Console

Discus and support May Update Borked my Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have no sound whatsoever. Followed every guide, took every step, but nothing. Ever since my console updated this morning, games will not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ProphetOfHelix, May 9, 2019.

1. May Update Borked my Console

I have no sound whatsoever. Followed every guide, took every step, but nothing. Ever since my console updated this morning, games will not open('Something went wrong' message), apps like Youtube and Mixer open, hang for a second, then CTD, still waiting
    for tech support to call me(1 minute my foot), and it's NOT my TV. When the console first turns on, there's sound when the logo swooshes in, but once it goes to dashboard(Home, whatever), NOTHING. Silent. Unplayable. Useless.

:)

ProphetOfHelix, May 9, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

That's really unfortunate. I've never had anything that bad, but I will say, every month when a big update rolls out, it does break things on my console. It's not anything to the point that games won't open or the sound is broke, but I'll get things like
    my notifications not working, messages won't load or send, my Community Feed won't load or only shows the last hour of it in a continuous loop, or all of the Clubs I'm in will break. Sometimes it's also caused it to look like I've removed friends (I'll see
    "Add Friend" on their profile) even though I never removed them. This will usually fix itself after a week or so, but it's not fun having to deal with it every month when a new update rolls out. :/
  3. GreenAxemRanger Win User

Hopefully support can help you. I'm just asking as you've probably tried but did you do a hard reboot (holding down the power button until it powers down then powering back up)?

In any case, I hope they can get it squared away for you. Good luck!
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

5. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for support on this problem with your console's performance. The console is supposed to be playable, so your confusion/frustration is understandable.

Are you even able to get to the Settings Menu?

If you can, I suggest trying a soft reset. It's a factory reset that doesn't uninstall games or apps. Basically go to
    Settings> System> Console Info> Reset console> Reset and Keep my games & apps and let us know if that helps.

If you can't then it would probably be best to attempt a soft reset through the Startup Troubleshooter. To bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.
    2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
    3. Press and hold the BIND button (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the
      EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the
      Xbox button on the console.
      Note The Xbox One S All-Digital Edition does not have an
      EJECT
      button. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the
      BIND button (steps 3 & 4) and then pressing the Xbox button .
    4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds.
    5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the
      BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
    6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    When you get a chance, give those steps a shot and let us know if they helped.

Thanks for reading!
  6. BurstingMantis Win User

Xbox One purchased 4/18/2014

Same here, glad I'm not the only one and my new console is not borked. Here's to a swift resolution!
Thema:

1. May Update Borked my Console - Similar Threads - May Update Borked

2. May xbox update stops old controllers 1697

in XBoX on Consoles
    May xbox update stops old controllers 1697: This afternoon directly after xbox update xbox one controller model 1697 stops connecting to the console over wireless. connected usb cable and did upgrade but still not working wireless. i have...
  3. File Explorer Inaccessible (as of the recent May 2019 update)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    File Explorer Inaccessible (as of the recent May 2019 update): Okay, so. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but whenever I attempt to access the File Explorer through something else, such as trying to open a text document within one of the...
  4. Technicolor Technicolor-TC8305C: Sudden internet/connection dropping after May 23rd Update

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Technicolor Technicolor-TC8305C: Sudden internet/connection dropping after May 23rd Update: Technicolor (Modems/Gateways) Technicolor-TC8305C: Sudden internet/connection dropping after May 23rd Update After the May 23rd update, I am seeing complete network drops. Also, I was forced to...
  5. Gamerscore didn't update after May 31 cutoff date

in XBoX Rewards
    Gamerscore didn't update after May 31 cutoff date: On May 31st, I increased my Gamerscore to 100.029; however, the Xbox Live Rewards page still lists my Gamerscore as 99,829. With the Brag with the Badge challenge, EVERY member is rewarded with...
  6. Seeing internet/connection drops after May 23rd update:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seeing internet/connection drops after May 23rd update:: After the May 23rd update, I am seeing complete network drops. Hardware specs of my Technicolor modem (ISP provided): Model: CGM4140COM Vendor: Technicolor Hardware Revision: 2.0 Serial...
  7. What's new with the May 25, 2018 Xbox One Update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's new with the May 25, 2018 Xbox One Update...: [img] It's Friday 8:23 pm NZT for me. The weekend, yay. But Xbox One just got a new system update as soon as I turned on my console. This update was not out yesterday. So is Microsoft going to...
  8. May Xbox Quests not Updating

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    May Xbox Quests not Updating: Hello, my Xbox quests for May have not updated to show I downloaded the 2 games with gold, which was one of the requirements. It say I only downloaded 1. I downloaded both super mega baseball and...
  9. Seeing internet/connection drops after May 23rd update:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Seeing internet/connection drops after May 23rd update:: After the May 23rd update, I am seeing complete network drops. Hardware specs of my Technicolor modem (ISP provided): Model: CGM4140COM Vendor: Technicolor Hardware Revision: 2.0 Serial...
  10. What's new with the May 25, 2018 Xbox One Update...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's new with the May 25, 2018 Xbox One Update...: [img] It's Friday 8:23 pm NZT for me. The weekend, yay. But Xbox One just got a new system update as soon as I turned on my console. This update was not out yesterday. So is Microsoft going to...