Media Player App / XBox Guide/Home Button Bug

Discus and support Media Player App / XBox Guide/Home Button Bug in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When watching a video through the media player up, if i press the guide/home button to bring up the guide/home side menu it will also skip back to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WillBerry88, Apr 9, 2017.

1. WillBerry88
    WillBerry88 Guest

When watching a video through the media player up, if i press the guide/home button to bring up the guide/home side menu it will also skip back to the previous video file available.

I've tested this with both an Xbox Controller and the Xbox Media Remote. I've also had a friend test and they get the same issue.

This is a bug.

Recreation steps :-

• Open up the Media Player app
    • Browse to a folder (either on memory stick or via DNLA with numerous video files)
    • E.G - folder contains files : videofile1, videofile2, videofile3, videofile4 etc
    • Start playing videofile3
    • Press the guide/home button to bring up the guide/home side menu.
    • As the guide/home menu comes up, the video in the background stops and then starts playing videofile2
    • If i was to then close the guide/home menu, and then re-open it via the guide/home button, videofile2 would stop and videofile1 would start playing

I'll record a video showing this and update the post at some point this evening.

:)

WillBerry88, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Leo Invictus
    Leo Invictus Guest
    xbox one media remote

Hi.

When you are using an app and want to get back to the Xbox home screen with the media remote, tap the Power On/Home button (the big "Xbox" button at the top) to reveal the guide and select "Home."

If you wish to completely close an app, press the Power On/Home button to access the guide, navigate the guide to highlight the app you wish to close, tap the Menu (hamburger) button, and navigate to "Quit" on the context menu.

This support page has more information about the Xbox media remote:

Xbox One Media Remote

Leo Invictus, Apr 9, 2017
  3. DerekEnglish
    DerekEnglish Guest
    Audio CD Player & Media Remote

So have the media remote and it does not function at all inside the CD player app. The guide button works to go home but no button functionality inside the app. Shouldn't it work?

DerekEnglish, Apr 9, 2017
  4. Leo Invictus Win User

xbox one media remote

Hi.

When you are using an app and want to get back to the Xbox home screen with the media remote, tap the Power On/Home button (the big "Xbox" button at the top) to reveal the guide and select "Home."

If you wish to completely close an app, press the Power On/Home button to access the guide, navigate the guide to highlight the app you wish to close, tap the Menu (hamburger) button, and navigate to "Quit" on the context menu.

This support page has more information about the Xbox media remote:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...-remote-info#064ff1f1d91d461e8939ca2fed2cd717
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox one Photo app issue

Hello Vain,

Thanks, for coming to the forums with your questions. In the photo app there may be changes to the buttons. As B button works everywhere else it may be set to not back up in the photo app itself.

As for setting a default media player, there is no way to set a default media player. You can pin them to the home screen. VLC is a good media player also.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Continuing to receive message: "Lost connection to USB device" when using media player on Xbox One

Hey there MrVanHassel!

We have received reports that this issue has been resolved. When you get a chance, please go ahead and try the following steps:

• From the Home screen, navigate to My Games & Apps.
    • Select the Media Player app and press the Menu button.
    • Select Manage App and then select Media Player.
    • Press the Menu button again and select Uninstall.
    • Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
    • Once your console is powered off, wait a few minutes and power on your console.
    • Navigate to My Games & apps and select Media Player under the Ready to Install section.
    • Press the Menu button and select Install.
    • After the Media Player app has installed, try using a USB device to see if the issue continues.
    Give the suggested steps a try and be sure to let us know the results. Thanks in advance!
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox 360 S

The app was only for streaming music to the Xbox 360. It never had the option to rip a CD. The console itself should be able to do it without starting an app. Insert the audio CD, then press the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the guide. Then
    move to media, select system music player, select current disc, then select rip CD.
  8. Sinbin74 Win User

stream music from PC?

Thanks for the help. Is there even a media center type app for XB1 yet? I can't find anything that is comparable to the Media function that you could get to on the 360 by hitting the guide button.
Thema:

1. Media Player App / XBox Guide/Home Button Bug - Similar Threads - Media Player App

2. Media player app stoped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media player app stoped working: Hi, I downloaded the recommended media player app from the store and everytime I watch any movie, it will stop working after about 20 to 30mins showing an error code and it tells me to close and...
  3. Xbox will not start anything. No apps, not even media player offline.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will not start anything. No apps, not even media player offline.: Recently, we ran into a payment issue with our internet provider. Ive been trying to use my xbox offline for a couple of days and everytime I try to start an app, it tells me its taking too long...
  4. Buffalo: Media Player app won't show video files on NAS

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Buffalo: Media Player app won't show video files on NAS: Buffalo (Routers): Media Player app won't show video files on NAS Hi, 1st time on the forum so apologies if the below enquiry has been covered already but I can’t find a conclusive answer...
  5. Xbox One Media Player App Alphabet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Media Player App Alphabet: Discussion? Support? Both! I think that it would be a GREAT idea for the media player for XBOX One to have an alphabet at the top or some other way that you can quickly and easily select the...
  6. Media player app - external hard drive not recognised but finds USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media player app - external hard drive not recognised but finds USB?: I'm looking to set up my Xbox One as a media hub utilising my external hard drive, it's formatted to exFat so i can transfer files from both OSX & Windows which i know the console cat read but the...
  7. Media Player App BITSTREAM audio update???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player App BITSTREAM audio update???: Dear Xbox One S staff, would you please state once and 4 all whether you are planning on bringing the BITSTREAM audio option to the Media Player app or not? Whole AV community at various forums...
  8. Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any constructive...
  9. Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any...
  10. Media Player app directory listing bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player app directory listing bug: The "Media Player" app seems to have a bug that causes it to not only list files in the directory I'm looking in, but also list files that were there at one point but have since been...