media player - no files found

Discus and support media player - no files found in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; media player detects my pc and files when using wireless. when i go wired it will detect my pc, but when i press on my pc it will say "no files found".... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PwnYourFaceIn, Nov 18, 2014.

1. media player - no files found

media player detects my pc and files when using wireless. when i go wired it will detect my pc, but when i press on my pc it will say "no files found". what does work strangely is the TVersity media server of the same pc, wired or wireless. i can see all
    files and folders correctly only when using TVersity. anyone know what is wrong here? im at a loss on what to do..

:)

PwnYourFaceIn, Nov 18, 2014
  2. No Files Found With Media Player

Go into Windows Media Player on laptop

Click on "stream"

Select xbox1

Then "customise" and select all options

niall campbell, Nov 18, 2014
  3. CrossyX
    CrossyX Guest
    No Files Found With Media Player

I will double check,

Thanks a lot

Crossy

CrossyX, Nov 18, 2014
  4. airmattdog Win User

Media Files Not Found

Moving to the Apps on Xbox One section for better visibility.
  5. Burke1978 Win User

Media Files Not Found

I'm having the same problem. I was working up until a few weeks ago and now nothing. Media Player sees my Windows 7 machine, but when you open it you get files not found. I've tried rebuilding the libraries and even reinstalling Media Player 12 but still
    nothing. I'm currently using Plex media server on the PC but that seems to be 50/50 as to whether is shows up at all in the Media player app.

This is further complicated as my 360 also shows the PC but also can't find any files. I'm 99% certain the issue is Windows media sharing related but can't nail down what or why. I've been through the usual disabling firewalls, checking allowing media streaming
    is enabled in MP12.
  6. Burke1978 Win User

Media Files Not Found

I've had some success that I thought I'd share on here just in case it's of any help to you guys. I noticed that the account that media player was showing was the administrator account on my PC (Administrator <PC-NAME>). The main account used on the PC
    is not the Administrator account. I logged on as the administrator and found that the sharing was not enabled under MP12. I turned it on added the necessary folders to the libraries and voila I could see them on the One! I returned to the normal account and
    the files were still visible.

Its more of a work around than a solution but I thought I'd just share in case. I hope it helps!

Merry Christmas

Chris
  7. Dx GRiMM xR Win User

Media Files Not Found

Im on windows 7 so I'm not sure how this translates to 8, but I found my sharing was actually blocking my xbox one. Also did this while my xbox was on. Not 100% sure if that matters, but I imagine it will.

Steps to address:

Control panel

under Network and Internet click choose homegroup and sharing options

There's a share media with devices heading under this there's Choose media streaming options, click it.

Then your xbox one should be an option there to allow
  8. Miss Diggz Win User

Media Files Not Found

Hey there Dx GRiMM xR,

Thanks for posting up the helpful tips for your fellow gamers! If you happen to have any Xbox Support related questions in the future, please feel encouraged to create a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. This way you can receive support catered
    specifically to you from our community. Thanks in advance!
Thema:

media player - no files found

1. media player - no files found - Similar Threads - media player files

2. Buffalo: Media Player app won't show video files on NAS

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Buffalo: Media Player app won't show video files on NAS: Buffalo (Routers): Media Player app won't show video files on NAS Hi, 1st time on the forum so apologies if the below enquiry has been covered already but I can’t find a conclusive answer...
  3. External storage over 2TB - no files found (Media Player)

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage over 2TB - no files found (Media Player): Wondering if anyone has also seen this. I have an 8TB external drive (new WD MyBook) connected to my Xbox One, detected with no problems and set up as a media drive by the Xbox. The drive contains...
  4. How to view slideshow from media player of network files without cropping each photo - HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to view slideshow from media player of network files without cropping each photo - HELP!: HELLO - should be simple but I can find nothing on the internet. I have my Xbox One S networked. Through media player I can see and play most media files that are on my computer via my XBOX to...
  5. Xbox one media player error 0xc00d11cd all file types

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one media player error 0xc00d11cd all file types: I can't remember the exact date or if anything significant happened. But all of a sudden my Xbox media player quit recognizing NEW files I added to my external hard drive. Most are mp4, mp3 and...
  6. Media Player isn't always up to date on media files located on my network.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player isn't always up to date on media files located on my network.: First, I should give a general description of my network setup: I have a harddrive with media files plugged into my router. The xbox one plugs via Cat7 cable directly into the router. When...
  7. External storage over 2TB - no files found (Media Player)

in XBoX on Consoles
    External storage over 2TB - no files found (Media Player): Wondering if anyone has also seen this. I have an 8TB external drive (new WD MyBook) connected to my Xbox One, detected with no problems and set up as a media drive by the Xbox. The drive contains...
  8. Media Player can not play multimedia files from big USB had drives (8TB)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player can not play multimedia files from big USB had drives (8TB): Media Player can not play multimedia files from big USB had drives (8TB) if they are located outside of the first 2TB. Is there any chance to fix this bug? 17fb8cc8-146f-47ee-aa4d-60e2122d6544
  9. Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem playing video files on large external hard drive using Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any constructive...
  10. Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem using large external hard drive to play video files via Media Player app: Hello, This is the first time posting something on here. The information here is lengthy, but I wanted to provide a comprehensive description at my problem. Thanks in advance for any...