Media player not refreshing properly

Discus and support Media player not refreshing properly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I've recently come across a problem regarding the media player on my Xbox One. I have my Xbox hooked to my PC via a local network and usually... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Azirith, May 9, 2015.

1. Azirith
    Azirith Guest

Hi all,

I've recently come across a problem regarding the media player on my Xbox One. I have my Xbox hooked to my PC via a local network and usually store my TV shows and movies on the computer and watch them on the Xbox. Lately, the media player doesn't seem to
    be refreshing properly - shows that I've moved to another directory or deleted are still showing up. New shows added to directories and such show up fine, but either the PC or the Xbox doesn't seem to be 'cleaning up' moved/deleted files within media player
    anymore. I've tried a restart on both machines but the issue still persists. I also tried deleting and reinstalling the app but to no avail.

Thanks for reading this and for any suggestions anyone might have!

:)

Azirith, May 9, 2015
  2. Media Player Library stopped refreshing

Hi there ColdenGrey 666, thank you for reaching out to us.

If you're currently experiencing this issue with the Media Player app on your Xbox One console not displaying your latest additions, have you been able to try another media player app on your Xbox One console such as

VLC
    to see if you're then able to have those new additions to your external hard drive recognized?

Let us know if that helps or if you have any additional questions or concerns about this Media player not refreshing properly :)

Mister Cazador, May 9, 2015
  3. JasonDrewes
    JasonDrewes Guest
    Media Player Library stopped refreshing

greetings Earth clan and fellow Xbox users,

First and foremost I want to thank anyone who takes the time and effort to attempt to assist.

I have a Western Digital My Cloud connected to my router which is run through the Xbox.

I've used it for years and it's always refreshed new library editions relatively quickly.

Of late I cannot get the media player 2 see the new additions to external hard drive.

Is there a way to manually Force the Xbox one media player to refresh the library of connected devices?

To be clear my phone has a Western Digital My Cloud app it sees the new additions my computer sees the new additions. In most curiously my Xbox One used to see new things I've downloaded and added.

Any and all advice would be sincerely appreciated thank you very much for your time energy and effort.

Grateful and I am

JasonDrewes, May 9, 2015
  4. Mister Cazador Win User

Media Player Library stopped refreshing

Hi there ColdenGrey 666, thank you for reaching out to us.

If you're currently experiencing this issue with the Media Player app on your Xbox One console not displaying your latest additions, have you been able to try another media player app on your Xbox One console such as

VLC
    to see if you're then able to have those new additions to your external hard drive recognized?

Let us know if that helps or if you have any additional questions or concerns about this :)
  5. Echo4Ent Win User

Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive

6. Mister Maka Win User

Media Player images not displaying properly

Heya Mugojug!

Sorry you're having media player trouble. This thread is a bit older. So that we can best help you out, please create a new thread detailing your issue. Thanks!
  7. Mugojug Win User

I'm having the same issue with viewing pictures.

Please fix this Microsoft !
  8. RagtagApe506757 Win User

Im having the same issue as well and then on top of it, my media player stopped working all together.

Uninstalled it, to do a reinstall and now the market place is saying its unavailable. You guys at microsoft really need to get this fixed asap.
Thema:

1. Media player not refreshing properly - Similar Threads - Media player refreshing

2. Media player xbox one S .. Help anyone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media player xbox one S .. Help anyone: Movie file on USB won't show subtitles on Xbox one S.. .. Help anyone c1108c4f-78db-45ba-8eeb-e9805e15a70b
  3. Windows Media Player not supported since 2016

in XBoX Accessibility
    Windows Media Player not supported since 2016: How can I load music from Windows 10 PC to Xbox 360? 3fae4f8d-24f3-495c-b4b9-bae715b5a3b2
  4. Need help with media player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with media player: So i have recently put a new photo on my phone but when i try to see it in media player it is not there and when i delete photos they still show up in media player...
  5. Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...: About a week ago games started disappearing from my Xbox One, It's so annoying because I'm having to reinstall them all. These are former games with gold games and game pass games. I'm also unable...
  6. Media player app stoped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media player app stoped working: Hi, I downloaded the recommended media player app from the store and everytime I watch any movie, it will stop working after about 20 to 30mins showing an error code and it tells me to close and...
  7. media player functions for organizing

in XboX Insiders
    media player functions for organizing: I wish the media player had a function to organize (add remove delete) your folders/files. And a function to be able to see what files you had already opened for example when I watch videos I...
  8. XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE: Hello! For some reason Media Player on my XBOX1 lost my network storage drive. Media Player can see other networked devices and all other networking is functioning properly. I have not changed...
  9. Media Player View

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player View: Is there any way to change the view from thumbnails to a list? On the PS4 you can set the view to a list and it is so much better. I use Universal Media Player on my PC so I have a whole list of...
  10. Media Player Library stopped refreshing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player Library stopped refreshing: greetings Earth clan and fellow Xbox users, First and foremost I want to thank anyone who takes the time and effort to attempt to assist. I have a Western Digital My Cloud connected to my...