Media Player Stutter/Lag

Discus and support Media Player Stutter/Lag in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Based on some searching, I may be the only one experiencing this... I recently found/installed the media player. When I try to play videos it will... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by adamjive, Nov 15, 2014.

1. adamjive
    adamjive Guest

Media Player Stutter/Lag

Based on some searching, I may be the only one experiencing this...

I recently found/installed the media player. When I try to play videos it will work fine for a while but then start stuttering and the audio gets out of sync. I'm not sure what to blame this on; I'm not super technical but here are some details-

Wired network connection (over coax); I have no trouble with anything else and consistently get 20+Mbps of internet connectivity when looking at the detailed statistics on the one. Mid-range Asus router (RT-N56U).

Video is Mp4, H264, ~21.5 Mbps total bitrate, 2-channel audio

Server is a Win8 HTPC that is spec'd for its purpose (2.5Ghz Celeron). I could gather up all the hardware specs, but it may suffice to say it's lightly powered but can handle these videos directly. It may be the weak link in the system; but it doesn't
    seem to struggle while streaming. I have tried it while it's idle other than the streaming and while the wife is using the TV (and she hasn't complained about lagging) with the same results.

The xbox is flawless in general. My network is also flawless for everything else.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

:)

adamjive, Nov 15, 2014
  2. BootleBadBoy
    BootleBadBoy Guest
    Lag

lag is still there ... rubber banding seems to be a stutter nowadays but its getting there. I struggle to understand why theere is lag in the single player though??

BootleBadBoy, Nov 15, 2014
  3. Titanfall Digital Deluxe

why is there such an unbelievable amount of lag and stutter when I play this but I get none of that when I play the 360 version?

Knighthawk3759, Nov 15, 2014
  4. dsandow
    dsandow Guest

Media Player Stutter/Lag

I'm having the same exact problems. What's more is that with animated kids movies, after the stutter, the voices no longer sync up with the video. I'm sure the solution is "wait for the update." I just hope if enough people report the same problem, Microsoft
    will get on it. Thanks for raising the issue.

dsandow, Nov 16, 2014
  5. dsandow Win User

Media Player Stutter/Lag

I'm having the same exact problems. What's more is that with animated kids movies, after the stutter, the voices no longer sync up with the video. I'm sure the solution is "wait for the update." I just hope if enough people report the same problem, Microsoft
    will get on it. Thanks for raising the issue.
  6. BootleBadBoy Win User

Lag

lag is still there ... rubber banding seems to be a stutter nowadays but its getting there. I struggle to understand why theere is lag in the single player though??
  7. MasonicMasso Win User

Lagging

My game is stuttering and lagging too.
  8. SoloSpartan01 Win User

Xbox One Summer Update - after updating the game streaming to PC keeps disconnecting

I updated the Xbox App Beta to version 22.23.11006.00000, and it seemed to fix the problem with the lag. There is still stuttering problems though. Some games stutter every 5-10 minutes, and other games stutter every 30 seconds.
  9. BGH FlakJacket Win User

Extreme lag lately?

Lots of lag, some enemies seem invincible.....rubber banding all over and bad stutter.
Thema:

Media Player Stutter/Lag

1. Media Player Stutter/Lag - Similar Threads - Media Player Stutter

2. Need help with media player

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with media player: So i have recently put a new photo on my phone but when i try to see it in media player it is not there and when i delete photos they still show up in media player...
  3. Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...: About a week ago games started disappearing from my Xbox One, It's so annoying because I'm having to reinstall them all. These are former games with gold games and game pass games. I'm also unable...
  4. Media player app stoped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media player app stoped working: Hi, I downloaded the recommended media player app from the store and everytime I watch any movie, it will stop working after about 20 to 30mins showing an error code and it tells me to close and...
  5. media player functions for organizing

in XboX Insiders
    media player functions for organizing: I wish the media player had a function to organize (add remove delete) your folders/files. And a function to be able to see what files you had already opened for example when I watch videos I...
  6. XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE: Hello! For some reason Media Player on my XBOX1 lost my network storage drive. Media Player can see other networked devices and all other networking is functioning properly. I have not changed...
  7. Media Player View

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player View: Is there any way to change the view from thumbnails to a list? On the PS4 you can set the view to a list and it is so much better. I use Universal Media Player on my PC so I have a whole list of...
  8. How do i connect media player to my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i connect media player to my xbox one?: I have been trying to set up a media player app to my xbox and it does not seem to work. 091349f9-a0a3-4678-8876-57bcd2641500
  9. Media player

in XBoX Accessibility
    Media player: media player on xboxone only shows tiles but wont play f8fc641e-a44b-4fec-abd9-4ebdad9d7d13
  10. Media Player is laggy / stuttering since Win 10 updates playing h264 @1080p60

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player is laggy / stuttering since Win 10 updates playing h264 @1080p60: Over one year my Xbox One works fine, playing my h264 videos from USB HDD. Since Win 10, the Media Player is laggy, playback is horrible. My videofiles are fully h264 compatible, the stream is...