Media Player "Unavailable"

Discus and support Media Player "Unavailable" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to change my background to a custom one. When I select settings > my xbox > my background > custom image it takes me to what looks like the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nitro7, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Nitro7
    Nitro7 Guest

I'm trying to change my background to a custom one. When I select settings > my xbox > my background > custom image it takes me to what looks like the media player download page. It is currently unavailable however. How do I get and launch it?

:)

Nitro7, Dec 26, 2014
  2. media player not on store

28/01/2016 aqui no Brasil app Media Player para Xbox One esta indisponível alguém tem uma solução?

[Translation -

Deryck Realles, Dec 26, 2014
  3. plex media server "direct connection unavailable"

I have read intermittent threads about plex not being able to connect to the server.

Issue: the plex media server cannot make a direct connection to the server.

I am a little bit frustrated in that i can see

Remediation tried thus far

1. Install all updates
    2. Reinstall application on both 360 and PC
    3. ensured VPN disconnected
    4. signed out of both applications and signed back in
    5. verified connectivity from iPad and other laptops
    6. verified connection from xbox 1 to plex sever
    7. checked firewall settings for inbound connections set to allow.
    8. tried a second xbox 360 i have (same issue) - which leads me application or device network settings
    Other info

Wired network running a cisco gigabit unmanaged switch with single connection to DSL router. Plex server is 8tb Seagate NAS with paired gigabit connections. As i said everything else works fine, just the 360.

Michael Putnam, Dec 26, 2014
  4. SpentCat Win User

Media Player Unavailable?

same here uk media player unavailable, talking to support now
  5. Whyamihomeless Win User

I am having the exact same issue. Uninstalled Media Player and now it's unavailable... Very frustrating. Why does Xbox One Media Player feel like a huge step back from Xbox 360 Media Player?
  6. JebusFreek666 Win User

Same issue here. Very annoying. Hopefully they are adding features like cover art support, but I seriously doubt it. I have never lost access to an app on my phone or computer before when they were working on an update. This whole thing feels very cheap
    and old. I would expect this shoddy service in 1995, but this is ridiculous.
  7. GXV3 Win User

Adding to the voices. Not loading up for me too. UK
  8. ca_boy69 Win User

Like others on this post, I just deleted it when it wouldn't open, thinking I could just re-install it...big mistake. I also got the 'unavailable' when attempting to re-install.

Sort of critical for DLNA streaming isn't it?
Thema:

1. Media Player "Unavailable" - Similar Threads - Media Player Unavailable

2. Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...: About a week ago games started disappearing from my Xbox One, It's so annoying because I'm having to reinstall them all. These are former games with gold games and game pass games. I'm also unable...
  3. Media player app stoped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media player app stoped working: Hi, I downloaded the recommended media player app from the store and everytime I watch any movie, it will stop working after about 20 to 30mins showing an error code and it tells me to close and...
  4. media player functions for organizing

in XboX Insiders
    media player functions for organizing: I wish the media player had a function to organize (add remove delete) your folders/files. And a function to be able to see what files you had already opened for example when I watch videos I...
  5. XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 1 MEDIA PLAYER LOST NETWORK STORAGE DRIVE: Hello! For some reason Media Player on my XBOX1 lost my network storage drive. Media Player can see other networked devices and all other networking is functioning properly. I have not changed...
  6. Media Player View

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player View: Is there any way to change the view from thumbnails to a list? On the PS4 you can set the view to a list and it is so much better. I use Universal Media Player on my PC so I have a whole list of...
  7. How do i connect media player to my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i connect media player to my xbox one?: I have been trying to set up a media player app to my xbox and it does not seem to work. 091349f9-a0a3-4678-8876-57bcd2641500
  8. Media Player and Blu-Ray Player apps are unavailable for download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player and Blu-Ray Player apps are unavailable for download: Hello, I just bought Xbox One Elite. I have tried to download Media Player and Blu-Ray Player several times but it just says unavailable. Internet connection is fine. Why aren't both Players on it...
  9. Media Player App unavailable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player App unavailable: I am unable to download the Media Player app on my Xbox one. While I am already confused as to why I have to download support for a feature prebuilt into my Xbox 360, I am even more perplexed as...
  10. Bluray Player/OneDrive/Media player apps - UNAVAILABLE - In Xbox Live Store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bluray Player/OneDrive/Media player apps - UNAVAILABLE - In Xbox Live Store.: Why are this apps showing up as UNAVAILABLE instead of a download button. aa73f19e-42af-41da-b564-ac94a4101a67