Message notifications not working (other notifications fine)

Discus and support Message notifications not working (other notifications fine) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A friend is having trouble receiving notifications when he receives messages. He can see when friends come online or send a party invite. However, he... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PertCoyote, Nov 28, 2019.

1. PertCoyote
    PertCoyote Guest

A friend is having trouble receiving notifications when he receives messages. He can see when friends come online or send a party invite. However, he does not receive notifications for messages. We have tried checking notification settings, he is not
    on do not disturb, we've cleared the storage under blu-ray, and there is no alternate MAC address. Also, once the messages do show up (without notification), they are still showing as unread even when he reads them. Any suggestions? Thank you

:)

PertCoyote, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Mr.Oddities Win User

Having the same issue. when i send a message it looks like it goes through but the other party does not receive the message (confirmed via text messages on phone). Also, when I receive messages I do not get notifications. This started happening a couple
    of days ago.
  3. PertCoyote Win User

It's been going on a few days now. I wanted to flag it in case others are having the problem and also to see if there were any solutions.
  4. Ellarianora Win User

Hello! Is it possible that your friend could try hard resetting his Xbox? This can be done by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until the Xbox completely shuts off. Once the console has restarted, make sure to check that message notifications
    are turned on. Send him a message and see if it comes through as a notification.It could also be a delay in the service. Xbox is experiencing some issues recently with achievement scores not updating etc and Microsoft are aware of this and are currently on
    with fixing that issue.
  5. OCBlueLightning Win User

I'm also experiencing this, I hard reset my Xbox 3 times then deleted my account away from my Xbox then added it back in and still has the same problem.
  6. Ellarianora Win User

As terrible as this advice might be, I'd recommend that your friend should merely wait. There are delays and such on Xbox services recently and are currently being addressed. I've actually had this issue and after a few hours, it began working again. It
    could simply be down to that.
Thema:

1. Message notifications not working (other notifications fine) - Similar Threads - Message notifications working

2. Notifications not popping up when getting a message

in XboX Insiders
    Notifications not popping up when getting a message: Whenever i get a message i'm not getting a notification for it. submitted by /u/MichaeLionheart [link] [comments]
  3. why are my message notifications not working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why are my message notifications not working?: For over a week now, my notifications when someone messages me doesnt work. I have tried everything, resetting, reinstalling my profile, turn setting off then on, etc. Nothing works. All the other...
  4. Message notifications not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Message notifications not working: For some reason ever since the update came out I can't get any message notifications. I have to constantly go back to the dashboard and go to my messages to see if I have gotten anything. And when...
  5. Why the change of how the pop up notification messages show up o my tv and how they work....

in XboX Insiders
    Why the change of how the pop up notification messages show up o my tv and how they work....: I really don’t like how the new pop up notification messages pop up on my tv. when they pop up on my tv now the pop up notification messages show up on my tv. then that just disappear after...
  6. Xbox app message notifications not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app message notifications not working: I am not being notified of messages via the Xbox app on my phone. When I check “message” in Settings, it refuses to save. Every other box will save the settings if I check it, but not message....
  7. Message notifications not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Message notifications not working: Message notifications not working on PC or iOS apps. iOS app message notification's sound haven't been working since the past 3-5 updates now. Already uninstalled via powershell (admin mode),...
  8. Message notifications not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Message notifications not working: so I'm not sure when this started happening but my message notifications stopped working on my phone. I checked my settings on my phone and all notifications are allowed. In app the box for...
  9. message notifications on smartglass app no longer working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    message notifications on smartglass app no longer working: i have ios 10.1.1 and the smartglass message notifications are no longer working. I have a iphone 6 plus. They were working till a couple of weeks ago. The check box for message notifications in...
  10. Message notifications not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Message notifications not working: I have the most recent version of the app installed and am unable to receive a notification of new messages. When I try to set the app to notify me of new messages the option is selected until I...