Messages and other basic apps often unresponsive

Discus and support Messages and other basic apps often unresponsive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since I got my Xbox One a couple months ago, I've noticed that "friends", "messages" and other basic apps that were all just part of the guide button... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hypes 4x, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Hypes 4x
    Hypes 4x Guest

Since I got my Xbox One a couple months ago, I've noticed that "friends", "messages" and other basic apps that were all just part of the guide button on 360 do not work as fluently as one would like. Especially in comparison to how smooth they run on 360.
    Recently for example, I was not able to view 2 messages I had because the messages app would either not try to open, or would give me a black screen with the envelope icon signalling that it was starting up. Eventually it would just pop out and back to the
    dashboard as if to say it had given up on loading. Even after restarting my xbox and making sure all other apps were closed, the problem persisted. I ended up just turning on my 360. I'm sure its not a permanent problem as these little bugs seem to happen
    to messages and friends and some of the other apps all the time. It's very annoying and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this, how one might solve it, or if it is being looked at for a future patch possibly?

:)

Hypes 4x, Jun 12, 2014
  2. IM J4cK3d UP
    IM J4cK3d UP Guest
    Unresponsive apps

Everytime I try to open my settings app on my Xbox One, it closes, and I can't seem to uninstall any games either. The kinect I have also doesn't respond. What's wrong?

IM J4cK3d UP, Jun 12, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Unresponsive apps

Please try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down then unplug everything for 5 minutes. That should fix the issue.

onyxishere, Jun 12, 2014
  4. sniffles x
    sniffles x Guest

A quick power cycle should solve the problem

1. While the console is on, press and hold the console’s Xbox button for 5 seconds.
    2. The console will power down.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn your console back on by again pressing the Xbox button.
    Try this and see if it fixes your issue.

sniffles x, Jun 13, 2014
  5. sniffles x Win User

A quick power cycle should solve the problem

1. While the console is on, press and hold the console’s Xbox button for 5 seconds.
    2. The console will power down.
    3. Wait 30 seconds, and then turn your console back on by again pressing the Xbox button.
    Try this and see if it fixes your issue.
  6. noid151 Win User

Xbox One controller Randomly dissects and reconnects during gameplay.

I have same issue, now experiencing mid session unresponsiveness with all buttons but home/logo button totally unresponsive. No disconnect message, just unresponsive. Any others?
  7. RIOT STORM X Win User

Xbox One Keyboard, and a VERY Deadly Bug

Yeah, @PurpleNurpe and @LucKY DAR1US 22, I've been getting more and more of it lately, and more often than not the Smartglass app wasn't responding either, but then I discovered that pressing down on the controller or swiping down on the app allows you to
    at least exit out of the keyboard, but it will remain unresponsive to controller bindings with the exception of the down function on the D-Pad and the Left Joystick.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Unresponsive apps

Please try holding the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down then unplug everything for 5 minutes. That should fix the issue.
  9. Dantronic-589CFC66-8 Win User

Youtube app freezing my xbox

I am also experiencing a lot of freezing while using this app, it happens every single time I decide to stop watching a video and go back to the main youtube menu. Basically just by pressing 'B' the screen just goes black and the whole system becomes unresponsive
    until I manually power it off.
Thema:

1. Messages and other basic apps often unresponsive - Similar Threads - Messages basic apps

2. Microsoft Jigsaw: Unable to log-in due to error message saying in app purchase is no longer...

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Jigsaw: Unable to log-in due to error message saying in app purchase is no longer...: My Windows 10 updated and after the update, I am no longer able to log in to Microsoft Jigsaw with my Xbox Live account. I keep getting a message that states "Choose another item: This in-app...
  3. XBOX Live Messaging Error

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Live Messaging Error: Whenever I try to message someone on XBOX messages, I can't send any. I'm using my account through Chrome and messaging someone on the XBOX device. This has worked and I was able to send and...
  4. My friend can’t message me or join parties due to an issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    My friend can’t message me or join parties due to an issue: me and my friend were just casually messaging each other, and not to long ago, he is now unable to message me due to a “suspension”, his gamertag is [Mod removed - personal information] I would...
  5. Got message "Your Membership expiring" why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got message "Your Membership expiring" why?: When I logged into my XPASS for windows today the first thing I saw was "Your Membership expiring" Why am I getting this when I am on re-occurring payments I checked my account and confirmed it...
  6. Goodbye Xbox!....... Freezing Games, Black Screen, Error Messages (like, There is a problem...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Goodbye Xbox!....... Freezing Games, Black Screen, Error Messages (like, There is a problem...: This last message was the straw that broke this camel's back. "There is a problem with your saved games - To play you'll need to delete and sync them again. To do this , go to Settings > System >...
  7. External drive ready message every bootup prevents automatic updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    External drive ready message every bootup prevents automatic updates: I use energy saving mode and for a couple of months now I get an external drive ready message every time i boot up the console. This in itself wouldn't be a problem but it prevents automatic...
  8. Messages not appearing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Messages not appearing: When I go to look at a message someone sent me it will just say go ahead say hi even though they have sent me messages, this hasnt happened to all my chats but most of them and I've looked...
  9. Messages not sending or receiving

in XBoX on Consoles
    Messages not sending or receiving: Messages aren't being sent or received, a notification pops but the message isn't there. f5943d63-7ea2-45ee-bdda-0e4a21a48794
  10. Hopefully i'm only getting this message because I was upgraded to the Delta ring this...

in XboX Insiders
    Hopefully i'm only getting this message because I was upgraded to the Delta ring this...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Kevetor [link] [comments]