Metro Exodus as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903) PC.

Discus and support Metro Exodus as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903) PC. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; That Game as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903). The Download took more than 20 hours. Internet Speed is VDSL 50. Rebooting... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EmanuelStolz, Sep 9, 2019.

1. EmanuelStolz
    EmanuelStolz Guest

That Game as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903). The Download took more than 20 hours. Internet Speed is VDSL 50.

Rebooting twice was necessary to complete that download.

My Rig: core i7 4820 @ 3.7Ghz, 32GB RAM DDR3 @ 1333MHZ, Board Gigabyte X79-UP4, graphic card evga Nvidia GTX980Ti SC, SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, monitor DELL U2412M 1920x1200 @ 60HZ, keyboard and mouse Logitech G510/G502. Drivers are up to date. I own no
    Xbox.

At the first start the game crashed after the intro. At the second start as admin it worked and graphics were set to 1920x1200, DX11, quality high, hairworks and physix off, vsync and tesselation off and texture filter at 16x. The game worked. The third
    start next day the game crashed after the intro, starting in safe mode @1280x960 was recommended. After switching to 1920x1200 it worked again. After the church mission trying to find Kress the Key 'E' doesn’t work fending of the animal man, so i always die.
    The game at that point is completed for me. And no chance to avoid that attack. Another day all my savegames were deleted, so i reinstalled and started that game new. Starting it now only works in safe mode and the Key 'E' still doesn’t work in the Kress mission.
    I do not feel like it anymore, i want to cancel my purchase as i see that there is no support coming to solve that problem. It seems that no one is interested concerning the fact that many users have problems playing that game on a well equipped Windows 10
    machine.

:)

EmanuelStolz, Sep 9, 2019
  2. EmanuelStolz Win User

Hi, i am not sure if i will come to the point to try that out. Since i just started the game, again in safe mode, i found all my savegames from yesterdays night disappeared. Again i have to start from the beginning. It's so boring. In the normal windows
    version of that game the location for savegames should be : %USERPROFILE% \Saved Games\metro exodus\
    <user-id> \. In the microsoft store version there is no location mentioned in the internet, so these files must be in the microsoft cloud.

My gamefolder is c:\programme\WindowsApps\DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.18.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me. In the folder windowsapps exists another folder called Deleted.
    This folder was changed this morning at 0.21 am when i left the game in the mission to find krest. This folder is empty. So if my savegames always get deleted when i stop the game, there is no reason for playing it on. The microsoft store base for that game
    in my eyes is corrupted but those guys will stay licked on the ass and do nothing. It cannot be either that my well equipped machine always has to start that game in safe mode. Nevertheless many thanks for your help.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

As I understand it, Metro Exodus on PC uses the 'E key (if playing using a Keyboard & Mouse) as the button used for the QTE events. This will appear quite a lot on this game and it won't work correctly if you don't have it set to your preference.

It can be changed in the options but only via the main menu, before you go in-game.

Go to Options > Accessibility and change the option to one of three depending on your own personal preference.

Hold (Hold it till its done, see image below)

Tap (keep pressing the button until the sequence ends)

Press (Press it once and get it over with)

[​IMG]

Hope that helps with the confusion you've been having here.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I've been disappointed with the Game Pass version. I haven't had any save game issues, but the game is missing some key features and optimisations from the game that exists on the PC epic Store.

There's no DirectX 11 mode:

DirectX 11 works better on older GPU's, hence better performance. It's missing here. Sure, it's in the Menu, but enabling it and re-starting the game has no effect. It just defaults back to DX12.

I've recently got hold of a new Nvidia RTX 2080, problem is, unlike the Epic Store version, this version has no RTX mode. Again its in the options, but doesn't work. Can only assume its missing.
  5. danielun1 Win User

cant get metro exodus game pass pc to launch

ok will this make me reinstall my games? also is metro exodus windows and metro reduxx 2033 the same? as i can get 2033 to launch but not metro exodus? metro redux only has 4 graphics settings wich is odd

also how do i install xbox app with admin privileges as i got it through the windows store in win10
  6. Amari Kigu Win User

Error Code 0x80040154 on X-Box game pass beta The Outer Worlds Install

I honestly cancelled my game pass order, This definitely has to be an issue on Microsofts side since completely re-installing from scratch should fix it, other apps for me install and play just fine - I installed Forza Horizon and Gears of Wars with
    no problems but Outer Worlds refuses each and every time, and if it cannot be guaranteed to be able to play then the game pass for PC isn't worth it, I wasn't able to play Metro Exodus for a long time because my PC wasn't ready for the 1903 update.
Thema:

1. Metro Exodus as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903) PC. - Similar Threads - Metro Exodus Microsoft

2. Metro Exodus DLC and general DLC question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus DLC and general DLC question: So I bought metro exodus and when I went into manage game and add ons I noticed that I can download both of the DLCs without buying them. Is that normal? I'll gladly buy them if I like the game...
  3. no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...

in XBoX on Windows
    no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...: hola gente buenas mi consulta es. llevo jugando bastante al metro exodus y de la nada no pude entrar mas al juego. quiero ingresar y me sale un cartel que me dice que en estos momentos metro...
  4. Actuellement, Metro Exodus (Windows) n'est pas disponible dans votre compte. Le code...

in XBoX on Windows
    Actuellement, Metro Exodus (Windows) n'est pas disponible dans votre compte. Le code...: Hello, I played the game 2 hours ago; and I had already played several times without any problem, I turned off the PC and I came back, so a priori nothing has changed, however now this problem...
  5. Metro exodus has been removed from Xbox Game Pass on PC? How is that possible?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro exodus has been removed from Xbox Game Pass on PC? How is that possible?: Hello Guys, I've had Metro exodus for some time in my account in XBOX game pass and I have recently started playing it. Yesterday I was playing fine, but today I was receiving an error the whole...
  6. Unable to launch Metro Exodus after latest update - Xbox Game Pass for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to launch Metro Exodus after latest update - Xbox Game Pass for PC: Hey Guys So it seems Metro was updated in the last week. I ran into issues updating the game at all (It would just not allow me to update? Kept coming up with an error) until I checked for...
  7. Metro Exodus on Xbox Beta for PC will not load

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus on Xbox Beta for PC will not load: I downloaded metro exodus for PC through the Microsoft store from Xbox game pass for PC. I played it Yesterday and it worked fine but when I tried to play it again today it goes through the...
  8. Modern warfare and metro exodus causing Xbox one x to shut down

in XboX Insiders
    Modern warfare and metro exodus causing Xbox one x to shut down: Metro is shutting Xbox down when attempting to load a saved game and MW is shutting it down in Multiplayer menu. I’ve tried lots of other enhanced games and it’s not happening with them. I very...
  9. Metro Exodus will not launch/crashes at launch

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus will not launch/crashes at launch: What the title says Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS build 18363.836 a6b6d0ca-50b4-40d3-8432-07569150e956
  10. Metro Exodus Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus Game Pass: Bonjour, J'ai téléchargé le jeu Metro Exodus via le Game Pass pour pc et j'ai pu jouer au jeu tranquillement jusqu'aujourd'hui. Depuis ce matin je n'arrive pas jouer plus de 10 min avant que le...