Metro Exodus as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903) PC.

Discus and support Metro Exodus as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903) PC. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; That Game as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903). The Download took more than 20 hours. Internet Speed is VDSL 50. Rebooting... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EmanuelStolz, Sep 9, 2019.

1. EmanuelStolz
    EmanuelStolz Guest

That Game as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903). The Download took more than 20 hours. Internet Speed is VDSL 50.

Rebooting twice was necessary to complete that download.

My Rig: core i7 4820 @ 3.7Ghz, 32GB RAM DDR3 @ 1333MHZ, Board Gigabyte X79-UP4, graphic card evga Nvidia GTX980Ti SC, SSD Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, monitor DELL U2412M 1920x1200 @ 60HZ, keyboard and mouse Logitech G510/G502. Drivers are up to date. I own no
    Xbox.

At the first start the game crashed after the intro. At the second start as admin it worked and graphics were set to 1920x1200, DX11, quality high, hairworks and physix off, vsync and tesselation off and texture filter at 16x. The game worked. The third
    start next day the game crashed after the intro, starting in safe mode @1280x960 was recommended. After switching to 1920x1200 it worked again. After the church mission trying to find Kress the Key 'E' doesn’t work fending of the animal man, so i always die.
    The game at that point is completed for me. And no chance to avoid that attack. Another day all my savegames were deleted, so i reinstalled and started that game new. Starting it now only works in safe mode and the Key 'E' still doesn’t work in the Kress mission.
    I do not feel like it anymore, i want to cancel my purchase as i see that there is no support coming to solve that problem. It seems that no one is interested concerning the fact that many users have problems playing that game on a well equipped Windows 10
    machine.

:)

EmanuelStolz, Sep 9, 2019
  2. EmanuelStolz Win User

Hi, i am not sure if i will come to the point to try that out. Since i just started the game, again in safe mode, i found all my savegames from yesterdays night disappeared. Again i have to start from the beginning. It's so boring. In the normal windows
    version of that game the location for savegames should be : %USERPROFILE% \Saved Games\metro exodus\
    <user-id> \. In the microsoft store version there is no location mentioned in the internet, so these files must be in the microsoft cloud.

My gamefolder is c:\programme\WindowsApps\DeepSilver.ProjectWindfall_1.0.18.0_x64__hmv7qcest37me. In the folder windowsapps exists another folder called Deleted.
    This folder was changed this morning at 0.21 am when i left the game in the mission to find krest. This folder is empty. So if my savegames always get deleted when i stop the game, there is no reason for playing it on. The microsoft store base for that game
    in my eyes is corrupted but those guys will stay licked on the ass and do nothing. It cannot be either that my well equipped machine always has to start that game in safe mode. Nevertheless many thanks for your help.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

As I understand it, Metro Exodus on PC uses the 'E key (if playing using a Keyboard & Mouse) as the button used for the QTE events. This will appear quite a lot on this game and it won't work correctly if you don't have it set to your preference.

It can be changed in the options but only via the main menu, before you go in-game.

Go to Options > Accessibility and change the option to one of three depending on your own personal preference.

Hold (Hold it till its done, see image below)

Tap (keep pressing the button until the sequence ends)

Press (Press it once and get it over with)

[​IMG]

Hope that helps with the confusion you've been having here.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

I've been disappointed with the Game Pass version. I haven't had any save game issues, but the game is missing some key features and optimisations from the game that exists on the PC epic Store.

There's no DirectX 11 mode:

DirectX 11 works better on older GPU's, hence better performance. It's missing here. Sure, it's in the Menu, but enabling it and re-starting the game has no effect. It just defaults back to DX12.

I've recently got hold of a new Nvidia RTX 2080, problem is, unlike the Epic Store version, this version has no RTX mode. Again its in the options, but doesn't work. Can only assume its missing.
  5. Chuyowee Win User

Metro Exodus blackscreen after intro

You got me wrong, its in pc gaming category. Im talking about playing metro exodus on pc on xbox (beta) app
  6. T Friesen Win User

XBox Game Pass for PC (Beta) - unable to download the games advertised

I am having the exact same problem with Metro Exodus. I've got the app, got 1903 etc and have installed several other games just fine, but the download of Metro always fails immediately with 0x80073cf3. Very frustrating. I've cleaned up all of my temp
    internet files etc, rebooted, restarted the app several times, made sure all updates have been applied and I get it every time.
Thema:

1. Metro Exodus as a Microsoft App ist not suitable for my Win10 Home (1903) PC. - Similar Threads - Metro Exodus Microsoft

2. Metro Exodus is glitching and bugging

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus is glitching and bugging: Hi. I've played with Metro Exodus and I experienced bugs and glitches with it. I don't know what to do to solve the problem. When I look up to the sky I can see a black texture glitch or bug....
  3. Metro Exodus won't launch but runs as a Background Process in tasks manager

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus won't launch but runs as a Background Process in tasks manager: Installed the game last week, noticed unstable download speeds and it took 5 times longer than usual. Clicked play and nothing. Scoured the internet for solutions. Whenever i found a post that is...
  4. Metro Exodus The two Colonels for pc doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus The two Colonels for pc doesn't work: I have bought the season pass but I can´t play The Two Colonels. I have the xbox pass for pc. In the chapters menu it shows that it is blocked and it reads that I don't have it or I don't...
  5. Metro Exodus Wont Start On Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Metro Exodus Wont Start On Xbox Game Pass PC: The game doesnt start and nothing shows up except for the game in Task manager and its always using 19mb of ram and nothing else. Can anyone help? [img] 8b18d835-f1b4-44dd-9f6b-74e7f41d50f8
  6. Metro Exodus/Dirt Rally 2.0 crashes if i want to quit the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus/Dirt Rally 2.0 crashes if i want to quit the game: Hi, when i'll play Metro Exodus with the XBox (beta) launcher the game can only be started in safe mode, or it crashes after the intro in normal mode. If I'll quit the game it shows me in an...
  7. Metro Exodus Crash on Xbox (beta) Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus Crash on Xbox (beta) Windows 10: Hi, I know this been asked a bit, and it's a common problem, but i've tried everything and can't fix this, i'll explain my situation: First of all i was playing the game perfectly fine, never...
  8. metro exodus tela preta no menu!! [Translate] Metro Exodus Black screen in the menu!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    metro exodus tela preta no menu!! [Translate] Metro Exodus Black screen in the menu!!: metro exodus da loja microsoft esta totalmente quebrado!!, pra fazer o download foi 3 dias pois a taxa de download da microsoft [Mod Removed - See Xbox Forums Guidelines] , e agr isso! toda vez q...
  9. Metro Exodus (Windows) will not launch at all after playing one time.

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus (Windows) will not launch at all after playing one time.: I started playing Metro Exodus from the game pass ultimate on pc yesterday. Played for hours no problem, next day my game will not start and only appears in my task manager but will never go...
  10. metro exodus very long loanding screen every start

in XBoX on Windows
    metro exodus very long loanding screen every start: Every time after the intro video,before the main menu screen,i have a very long(about 5 minutes) loading screen with the same message i usually have with changing some video option .After this...