Metro Exodus (Windows) will not launch at all after playing one time.

Discus and support Metro Exodus (Windows) will not launch at all after playing one time. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I started playing Metro Exodus from the game pass ultimate on pc yesterday. Played for hours no problem, next day my game will not start and only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LiamDent, Oct 9, 2019.

1. LiamDent
    LiamDent Guest

I started playing Metro Exodus from the game pass ultimate on pc yesterday. Played for hours no problem, next day my game will not start and only appears in my task manager but will never go further than that. I have researched a lot and found no clear solutions.

I HAVE TRIED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM IN THESE WAYS.

Reinstalled game twice, once on windows store, once on the xbox beta app, NO SOLUTION.

Windows is up to date.

GPU drivers are up to date.

Brand new pc, everything worked fine the day before but now it's impossible to start the game.

RTX 2080ti

i7 9700k

8gb ram

:)

LiamDent, Oct 9, 2019
  2. LiamDent Win User

Yeah I disabled game bar shortly after I got windows up because it's annoying. Lots of people are having problems but not a lot of solutions at all... running as administrator is like the first thing you do when you have trouble. Ty for replying
  3. DoubleDRAGON666 Win User

I have had multiple issues with this game also on Game pass. Fortunately, it started working for me last time I tried. The extra steps I tried were disabling game bar: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-and-remove-game-bar-windows-10-creators-update

And instead of running it from the app, try searching Metro exodus in your search bar in windows, and run the exe as administrator.

This is extremely frustrating as it took me 2 hours to get to a point where it actually ran. But hopefully one of these solves your problem.
  4. TheWetWood Win User

I can't launch Metro Exodus no matter what I've done or tried

Hey Cain,

I'm sorry you too are having this problem and unfortunately you're going to have to stay awhile and listen. There is another thread here with the same issues, see it here: Metro
    Exodus crashes on launch on Windows 10 Xbox
    . The state of Metro Exodus is not good. Bugs ranging from unable to launch the game, Freezes and story progression issues have been known about since launch back in Feb. 4A doesn't appear to be serious in fixing
    the game at this point, seeing it is now July and the issue is on Xbox One, and PC's Steam, Epic and XGP.

At this time, it feels as if they will release a redux version of the game like they did with Metro: Last Light which will fix these issues that you will need to buy again at a discounted cost if you own the original. I sincerely hope you do get some traction
    with 4A. Good luck to all of us.
  5. The Mad Swede Win User

Metro Exodus crashes on launch on Windows 10 Xbox

As soon as I switched the Game Bar off in Windows, Metro Exodus launched perfectly.

Go to Settings in Windows and type "Game bar" in the search window.

If it's on, then switch it off.

Hope that solves your issues as well.
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Metro Exodus Change resolution

Seems to be some issues with Metro Exodus on the Windows Store:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/metro-exodus/windows-save

At this point, I can only assume it's being looked into since you're clearly not the only person experiencing issues.
Thema:

1. Metro Exodus (Windows) will not launch at all after playing one time. - Similar Threads - Metro Exodus Windows

2. Metro Exodus Crash on Xbox (beta) Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus Crash on Xbox (beta) Windows 10: Hi, I know this been asked a bit, and it's a common problem, but i've tried everything and can't fix this, i'll explain my situation: First of all i was playing the game perfectly fine, never...
  3. Can't Download Metro Exodus with the Xbox Game Pass for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Download Metro Exodus with the Xbox Game Pass for Windows: Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when I try to download it, I already have the gamepass and gotten other games from it (State of Decay 2 works fine). The reviews are saying its poorly...
  4. Metro Exodus Windows 10 Edition crashes, settings are not saved, BSOD

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus Windows 10 Edition crashes, settings are not saved, BSOD: Okay, so there is this whole thing going on with Metro Exodus. I read that there were some patches but that is NOT TRUE. The issues are NOT fixed. Here, as of today (1st of July, 2019) these...
  5. Metro Exodus (Windows) 当前在你的帐户中不可用。错误代码: 0x803F8001 (如果你需要的话)[Metro Exodus (Windows) is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus (Windows) 当前在你的帐户中不可用。错误代码: 0x803F8001 (如果你需要的话)[Metro Exodus (Windows) is...: XGP已购买,系统已是最新,但是依然 法启动 [Translation - XGP has been purchased, the system is up to date, but still can't start] 60eeb560-9243-4764-a7e1-5516b992c520
  6. Metro Exodus Windows 10 Status: 88500000

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus Windows 10 Status: 88500000: Hey, I can't seem to launch Metro: Exodus from the Xbox Beta app. I just get the error Status: 88500000. Any ideas? I meet all the system requirements and other games seem to run fine. Someone...
  7. Metro Exodus (windows)

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus (windows): Ao abrir o jogo Metro depois da introdução de repente ele fecha logo em seguida ele abre safe mode mais também fecha provavelmente seja erro do DirectX 12 pois já li vários usuários reclamando...
  8. Metro Exodus crashes on launch on Windows 10 Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus crashes on launch on Windows 10 Xbox: Trying to launch Metro Exodus on my PC it crashes during startup while showing the initial trademark. Trying to launch it again gives the option to launch in safe mode. Selecting safe mode, the...
  9. The Windows Store Version of Metro Exodus doesn't create a Save Game Folder

in XBoX on Windows
    The Windows Store Version of Metro Exodus doesn't create a Save Game Folder: The Game doesn't create a Save Game Folder (C:\Users(Your name)\Saved Games\metro exodus\). Game progress and settings (graphics etc) are not being saved. I can start the game and change settings...
  10. i cant downloaded Metro Exodus for Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant downloaded Metro Exodus for Windows: i have buy box ultimate game pass, but i cant download Metro Exodus for Windows? it sad i have to buy pass on pc but I bought it 5584efe8-f90d-4a0c-b33d-021b85707fd2