Metroidvania Mania! (Discussion)

Discus and support Metroidvania Mania! (Discussion) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Right now is an awesome time for Metroidvania games on Xbox, with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night now available, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Oraclea, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Oraclea
    Oraclea Guest

Right now is an awesome time for Metroidvania games on Xbox, with Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night now available, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night currently on GwG, and many great Metroidvania games either recently added to Game Pass or coming soon.
    I think now's a great time to discuss Metroidvanias, and in true Metroidvania fashion, let's have a somewhat non-linear discussion. So, here are two potential prompts to answer:

-For a Metroidvania game you've enjoyed, what makes it stand out among the crowd?

-What game would you recommend to a beginner to the Metroidvania genre and why?

I'll answer the first prompt and highlight one of the newer Game Pass additions, Steamworld Dig 2. The thing that really stands out to me about this game is that it has a core gameplay loop and it's really addicting; basically, you explore and collect,
    then you return to a main hub and get upgrades, then repeat. The digging aspects make the exploration really fun, and it's the kind of game with a lot of items and secrets to find that rewards thorough exploration. Although I didn't think the game was too
    hard overall, there is some real tension in knowing that you have limited light and health in the mines and that you'll lose resources you collected on your current trek if you don't make it back to the hub.

:)

Oraclea, Jul 12, 2019
  2. AdamKronus Win User

One of the best Metroidvanias I've ever played: Hollow Knight!
  3. Radiant Sword X Win User

They can be fun, but is time consuming since you have to find specific powerups to gain access to new rooms.
  4. mozmoz2009 Win User

Love platform games and really happy that castlevania is with GWG this month
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Salt and Sanctuary is a good example. I like it because it's like a Dark Souls 2D game. I highly recommend it.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

I don't know. Not a big fan of those style of games... would Enter the Gungeon count? I know its technically a "bullet hell" kind of game but it is reminiscent of the Metroidvania style to some degree.
Thema:

1. Metroidvania Mania! (Discussion) - Similar Threads - Metroidvania Mania Discussion

2. Sonic Mania Framerate Drops

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sonic Mania Framerate Drops: I bought Sonic Mania digitally on Xbox One when it was first released. When Sonic Mania Plus was released physically, I got that. The issue I am having is framerate drops when playing the digital...
  3. Dragon Mania Legends wont work

in XBoX on Windows
    Dragon Mania Legends wont work: My game wont load and I get an error code. I don't know where to go to look up this error code and find out what to do about it. HELP!! c93227d6-da69-47ed-8add-be4b69c2be02
  4. I can't continue for purchasing anything in Dragon mania legend

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't continue for purchasing anything in Dragon mania legend: I use my paypal for purchasing Time limited Promotion, but they said my account wasn't authorized or added after I click on continue for purchasing. can you tell what Ive to do....
  5. Dragon Mania Legends failure to launch code 0x803f8001?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Dragon Mania Legends failure to launch code 0x803f8001?: Been happily playing the game for several weeks the 2 days ago a big ole NO ENTRY sign in the shape of this message appeared :- Dragon Mania Legends is currently not available in your account....
  6. DRAGON MANIA LEGEND

in XBoX on Consoles
    DRAGON MANIA LEGEND: I 'VE TRIED TO UPDATED THE GAME DRAGON MANIA LEGEND ON MY WINDOWS PHNOE NOKIA LUMIA 640 BUT IT CANNOT FINISHED THE UPDATEMENT, I RECEIVE THIS ERROR MESSAGE 0x80072efd AND I CANNOT OPEN THE GAME....
  7. Put sonic mania on sale Xbox one

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Put sonic mania on sale Xbox one: put sonic mania on sale never been on sale opon release like $15 or $10 or $5 please Xbox one. 869712cf-b27d-405f-a463-87f7931c4f16
  8. No puedo descargar de nuevo el dragon mania legends (Mod Translation: I can not download the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No puedo descargar de nuevo el dragon mania legends (Mod Translation: I can not download the ...: Hoy con motivo de la actualizacion decidi eliminar el juego porque no se actualizaba, (hasta el momento que lo elimine podia jugar) ahora cuando quiero volver a instalarlo desde la tienda me dice...
  9. sonic mania plus

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sonic mania plus: I just bought sonic mania plus disc version and it did not come with the revisable cover. 64fa1b01-f804-49ca-a13c-a60c8d09c718
  10. Sonic Mania: No Way? No Way! Achievement is glitched and will not unlock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sonic Mania: No Way? No Way! Achievement is glitched and will not unlock: Was trying to post this under Sonic Mania but the Subtopic does not appear to exist. Anyways, the game's hardest and most time consuming achievement will not unlock for me despite the fact that I...