Mic does not work

Discus and support Mic does not work in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I’ve had this problem for some time and would love some resolution. I cannot get any headsets to work on my Xbox one. I can hear talking, but nobody... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VoodooChild317, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Mic does not work

So I’ve had this problem for some time and would love some resolution. I cannot get any headsets to work on my Xbox one. I can hear talking, but nobody can hear me. I’ve made sure all the settings are correct, and nothing is muted. I start a party to test
    and my mic shows up, but when I speak the green circle doesn’t light up. I’ve tried multiple headset combinations on multiple controllers with no result. Microsoft support said it was a “sync issues” with my console. However that was my One S, and I’m still
    having the same problem on my One X. Party chatting is fine via the Xbox app, but using a headset would be much more convenient. Everything is up-to-date and connected properly, and my NAT is open. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

:)

VoodooChild317, Feb 13, 2020
  2. RAGINGDIDDY Win User

Mic does not work

On your router settings, you should have security settings (on my router I had to put it into developer) and you can decide which connections go through the firewall.
  3. Sgt defcon Win User

Mic does not work

My port on the controller stopped working,try a headset adapter that should work.
  4. CrystalNC Win User

Mic does not work

If that doesn't work, try hard resetting your Xbox by holding the power button of your Xbox for 15 seconds, even after it turns off. My friends have had this problem and it works for them when this is performed.
  5. RAGINGDIDDY Win User

Mic does not work

I had this issue and I had to go onto my router settings and and enable my Xbox to not go through my router firewall.

Hope this helps.
  6. JFate777 Win User

Mic does not work

Try giving your console a
    Power Cycle
    . It might help if it's a trouble shooting option you have not tried yet.
Thema:

Mic does not work

1. Mic does not work - Similar Threads - Mic does

2. My mic does not pick up sound when plugged into my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic does not pick up sound when plugged into my controller: I have a wireless red Xbox one controller and for some reason when I plug my mic into it, it no longer picks up sound. I can still hear everything perfectly fine and have checked to make sure that...
  3. Xbox app does not allow headset mic to be used in communication

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app does not allow headset mic to be used in communication: The xbox app only connects to my headset mic about 5% of the time. It will allow me to connect to parties, but It does not use the headset bluetooth to communicate. Only the phone mic. This causes...
  4. Party chat and game chat, friend's mic wont echo, but mine always does

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat and game chat, friend's mic wont echo, but mine always does: So ever since i got a xbox one a few months ago, in party chat and game chat my mic always echos, but everyone else in the party does not have their mic echo. I am not sure if this is an issue...
  5. Does no one play halo with a mic anymore??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does no one play halo with a mic anymore??: Im just getting back into halo and id have at least 3 people talk [Mod Removed - Profanity] to me or be cool each game. I havent had one person use their mic. Its kind of boring. I just want to...
  6. help a brother out!!! (headset sound stoped working but my mic still does work)

in XBoX on Consoles
    help a brother out!!! (headset sound stoped working but my mic still does work): help anyone? this **** is weird i played fortnite then i left for a smoke came back n **** **** up. 412d112a-b96c-4cac-9bb9-b67de05bc76a
  7. Headphones Mic Does not work!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones Mic Does not work!: Bought new headphones for Xbox One Wireless Controller. Music and mic work on my end but my friend can't hear me speak to him on his end. (Game Party Chat Online)Was on the phone today for one...
  8. Party Chat does not work - Mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party Chat does not work - Mic: I dont know when mi mic start not work, I though it was a hardware problem, ! buy one mic adapter and new head set and the mic still not work. It seams is a SW issue withj new SW version. Any one...
  9. XBOX ONE -> Beyerdynamic iDX 160 iE, why does the mic not work ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE -> Beyerdynamic iDX 160 iE, why does the mic not work ?: Hi, bought these yesterday but i cant get the mic to work. Is there something i need to change or is this normal ?! I tried it with the adapter and without. b4d9ab40-d07e-4993-8317-0b25e25c5b51
  10. Does anyone know what is going on with or also having a problem the Xbox One mic?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what is going on with or also having a problem the Xbox One mic?: My little nephew's Xbox one headset mic is not working. I think it stopped working about a couple weeks ago. The sound works fine on the headset, you can watch videos and hear sound and hear other...