Mic is distorted/buzzing

Discus and support Mic is distorted/buzzing in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently got a new PC with windows, first thing I did was try to talk to my friends and they said that my mic was distorted/buzzing but it was only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by YonderCheese1, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Mic is distorted/buzzing

I recently got a new PC with windows, first thing I did was try to talk to my friends and they said that my mic was distorted/buzzing but it was
    only when I was talking I have basically tried everything I am using a controller with an adapter for my headset and its the same even without it,

:)

YonderCheese1, Aug 1, 2020
  2. scottish steveo Win User

Problem with brand new...

I get the buzzing noise when my mic is plugged in but not being used. Unplugging the mic stops this.
  3. lacrosseking101 Win User

People in my parties say my XBox One mic is making "static" noises

When my mic is plugged in everyone says they hear a loud buzz but I dont hear anything, then when I unplug my mic I hear the buzz through my tv speakers but only while playing destiny
  4. SiiLENT FRENZY Win User

Mic Buzzing

Yes I have updated it as well as my headset. Unfortunately it still buzzes.
  5. Fiv5 Alopage Win User

Mic Buzzing

6. SiiLENT FRENZY Win User

Mic Buzzing

Yes it has an aux cord. I have tried two different methods, A.) Plug the usb cord into the Xbox and then plug my headset into the USB adapter cord. And then B.) plugging it into the controller via the 3.5mm jack.
Thema:

Mic is distorted/buzzing

1. Mic is distorted/buzzing - Similar Threads - Mic distorted buzzing

2. I need a Mic But don’t need a headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a Mic But don’t need a headset: lots of posts on this with no definitive answers. I have a 11.2.4 surround sound system which is superb for most games but i want to add a plug in annalogue mic. Is there a mic that i can...
  3. Xbox mic won’t work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox mic won’t work?: My mic suddenly started glitching and wouldmt work sometimes, thought it was a short in the wire. Got two new headsets, still not working. Got a new controller, didnt fix it. Ive gone through...
  4. Headset mic

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset mic: I bought two different type of headsets and both seem not to pick up my voice i would have to yell or blow into the mic directly into it for it to register my voice and for others to hear me and...
  5. Official xbox one mic not working with discord

in XBoX on Windows
    Official xbox one mic not working with discord: Hello. I hope I'm in the right place for this. Basically I bought this mic: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-chat-headset-black/9008252.p?skuId=9008252 It's the official xbox one. I...
  6. Mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working: So for some reason my mic doesnt pick up my audio it has in the past but I dont know whats making it act like this, ive tried other mics that work but still not mic audio is picked up, I can hear...
  7. Xbox Game Bar recording mic off by default.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar recording mic off by default.: So, I sometimes want to clip a moment in a game in which my mic audio is important. But Xbox Game Bar turns my microphone off in recording, so I have to activate it every time I open a game, and...
  8. Trouble with mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble with mic: Need help, Can someone explain why my headset mic sometimes works. I can hear them but they can't hear me. I have tried all possible ways. Am I doing something wrong....
  9. My mic no longer works as a mic... my headset does?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic no longer works as a mic... my headset does?: I understand that headsets can also work as microphones but this just happened out of nowhere. I recently logged onto my xbox and was at first scared that my mic didnt work until I started talking...
  10. stereo adapter distorted mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    stereo adapter distorted mic: i have myself and 2 friends all with different turtle beach headsets and all 3 of us get a distorted mic sound whenever we talk at all above a normal tone if you raise your voice at all or have...