Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,...

Discus and support Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm running the game, discord and xbox gamebar at the same time. when I turn on gamebar recording, the xbox mic will switch off. Discord can still hear... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Asinee, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Asinee
    Asinee Guest

Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,...

I'm running the game, discord and xbox gamebar at the same time. when I turn on gamebar recording, the xbox mic will switch off. Discord can still hear me but when I watch back the recording, only my voice is missing from the recording. How can i stop the xbox gamebar mic from switching off?

Xbox and Xbox gamebar have the required mic permissions. I've tried switching it on and off again. I'm wearing the Logitech G733 and reinstalled the drivers, but still nothing.

So I don't have a good solution to get it to automatically turn on. But I have figured what the triggers are for the mic

In xbox game bar, if you have the capturing audio setting to [game + enabled mic] the mic will automatically stay on.
    If you have the capturing audio setting selected on [All : Game, apps, enabled mic, and system], then when you start the game bar recording the xbox enabled mic will get switched off. What that means is that if you have a VC in discord going, discord will still hear you, xbox will record the game and discord, but your voice will not be recorded.
    When you start the recording, you can shortcut key the mic back on using [windows + ALT + M]. that will switch the gamebar mic back on. but you have to do thing every time you start a new recording which is not what I want to do every time (plus i don't remember half the time]
    This also applies to the quick clip function [Windows + Alt + G] where you can grab the recording of the last 30 secs - 2 minutes. This is handy if you weren't recording but just had an amazing moment you wanted to clip.

:)

Asinee, Mar 5, 2021
  2. sandy the hippy Win User

Game audio is being picked up by mic?

2 questions.

1st off, are.you in the preview program, and the 2nd, which is probably obviously answered, but have to ask for clarity, do you have any other headsets connected, or Kinect?
  3. Flymonkey102 Win User

I haven't seen this issue before but I imagine it's a problem with the particular headset you have.
  4. Edgarour Win User

Hello!

It must be static unless some of your classmates tell you that some noise is heard.

you can cancel the microphone in the configuration section and turn off the microphone in the headset controllers
  5. JTL1E Win User

have people commented on this? because my friends mic show that hes "talking" but he isn't talking it just shows that its picking up audio when its not
  6. AridLizard Win User

Headset Echoing

in the Party Audio settings you should see a setting for Mic Sensitivity.
    try turning that down so that the mic doesn't pick up the sound from the headset/tv.

hope this helps
Thema:

1. Mic not being picked up during xbox gamebar [capture audio set to All : Game, mic, apps,... - Similar Threads - Mic being picked

2. Wireless Mic not being recorded by game bar?

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless Mic not being recorded by game bar?: I recently purchased a new wireless headset. The mic works in every app and is set as the default device for both my computer and game bar. However when I record with game bar the mic is not...
  3. Xbox One and Mic without being on Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One and Mic without being on Xbox Live: How do you use the mic on a gaming headset on XBox One without being on XBox Live? f69d5e80-3463-4989-9845-345ef3353444
  4. Mic being really quiet in xbox game bar and when in the "Sound" section of settings

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic being really quiet in xbox game bar and when in the "Sound" section of settings: I was on xbox game bar playing with my friend and he said my mic was really quiet even though its where i usually keep the microphone piece (quiet close) and it usually is normal. but my mic only...
  5. As a parent do I have the right to listen on a mic when my child is being cussed at and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    As a parent do I have the right to listen on a mic when my child is being cussed at and...: If account is in my name as an adult if my child is being cussed at and bullied do i have the right to listen on mic and say something if they r friend of his from his school especially if there...
  6. Game audio is being picked up by mic?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game audio is being picked up by mic?: Hey little problem I ran into with my headset; just picked up a pair of HyperX Cloud revolver headphones for when I'm playing Xbox one. My controller has the audio jack in it so i am not using the...
  7. Mic not being detected on Xbox one help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not being detected on Xbox one help!: Have tried various headsets old and brand new in number of handsets and still headset and mic undetected. Have checked Mic on, have checked handset is up to date and that all settings for party...
  8. Wrong mic being used

in XBoX on Mobile
    Wrong mic being used: This question may ne obvious but I cant find it anywhere, how do I change the mic in use on xbox party chat in the app, I have headphones plugged in and they have a mic on them I would like to use...
  9. Hi, my mic isn't being recognized ('found') when i'm in a xbox party, any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi, my mic isn't being recognized ('found') when i'm in a xbox party, any help?: I have recently got a white xbox one controller for christmas so is brand new, I have updated it when xbox prompted me, however when i insert my normal xbox one mic headset in the party it says a...
  10. Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not being picked up with stereo adapter: Hey everyone, I have the Razer Krakken Pro it connects using a single 3.5mm jack. I dont understand why my mic is not being picked up, headset works fine for game audio though....