Mic not detected

Discus and support Mic not detected in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox One won't detect my mic when I try and join a party. It was working fine before... I am using a controller with a 3.5mm stereo plug. I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ChantelleLe Tissier, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Mic not detected

My Xbox One won't detect my mic when I try and join a party. It was working fine before...

I am using a controller with a 3.5mm stereo plug.

I have tried the following:;

- checking the mic is not muted;

- turning up the volume on the headset;

- changing controller;

- buying a new compatible headset;

- checking privacy and online settings;

- checking network settings (all open and working correctly);

- checking internet connection - wired, all working correctly;

- clicking on profile;

- checking controller software updates;

- checking controller is connected to account;

- controller is working, it vibrates;

- performing a factory reset saving all games and apps;

- plugging the xbox directly into the socket.

Anyone any other ideas?

Thank you

Chantelle

:)

ChantelleLe Tissier, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Ripins Win User

Mic not detected

Hi agian, I'm sorry that didn't work for you. I sometimes have this problem with parties. I don't have very good internet were I live and I think that has a lot to do with it. Is your NAT type open? Is there other people using the internet as well as you?
    And how long has this issue been happening? I know you said it was working fine before, but has this ever happened before this time? Sorry for all the questions.

I know you have stated you have factory reset your console. You could try a hard reset, I'm not sure it will do anything considering you have factory reset but it's worth a try.

To perform a Hard Reset you Hold your power button on your Xbox for 8 to 10 seconds or until it turns off. Once the Xbox is off unplug your power pack from the Xbox so it has no power running into it. Leave the power pack unplugged for 5 to 10 minutes and
    then plug it back in and start up your Xbox.

Thanks
  3. ChantelleLe Tissier Win User

Mic not detected

Hi sorry to appear dumb but i can’t find this setting. The only audio setting i can find is audio output but there is no on/off headset?
  4. Alxce Win User

Mic not detected

Hello, sorry you're having problems with your mic.

I read everything you said you have done but you could try to; Press Xbox button on controller > move on over to the gear icon > select Audio and make sure " Headset mic " is set to On.

If that doesn't work let me know!

Thanks.
  5. Ripins Win User

Mic not detected

Hi Chantelle, I can't really think of anything else for you to try. I'm sorry I couldn't assist you but hopefully another Ambassador might have some ideas for you to try.

Good luck

6. Alxce Win User

Mic not detected

It's not in the settings section. Home button on Xbox, then the gear to the very right where it says Audio. Should be there :)

EDIT: Make sure headset is plugged in.
Thema:

Mic not detected

1. Mic not detected - Similar Threads - Mic detected

2. Mic not being detected on Xbox one help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not being detected on Xbox one help!: Have tried various headsets old and brand new in number of handsets and still headset and mic undetected. Have checked Mic on, have checked handset is up to date and that all settings for party...
  3. Controller doesn’t detect any mic after update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller doesn’t detect any mic after update: i recently bought Astro a10s and plugged it in to my controller. i was able to hear game and party but wasnt able to talk so i hard reset,remove batteries from controller,and updated my controller...
  4. Xbox One headset mic not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One headset mic not detected: Over the past few months my Xbox has not been recognizing my mic on my headset. I've researched several remedies, but not found anything to repair or enable my mic. Yes, my mic works. Controllers...
  5. My Xbox detects my mic but it doesn't work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox detects my mic but it doesn't work.: My mic works on literally all other platforms besides Xbox. Xbox even shows that my mic is connected and detected, however when I speak it does not transmit my voice. When I hit the mute button on...
  6. bluetooth mic mot detected by xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    bluetooth mic mot detected by xbox app: im struggling to get the mic i use with teamspeak and skype to get picked up by the xbox app, ive tried reinstalling drivers, changing default devices to the built in mic and back but im still...
  7. Mute button on screen can not detect mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mute button on screen can not detect mic: my sons Xbox one s has the mute sign instead of headphones and can not detect mic so can not go live with his friends please help since found out friends have also done the same Please help...
  8. My headset mic won’t detect sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset mic won’t detect sound: So I have a Xbox mic and I can clearly hear sounds but my mic will not pic up sound. I checked and it’s not muted. The mic monitoring is all the way up. And everything is updated. I’m just really...
  9. Mic not being detected by my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not being detected by my account: So my account will no longer detect my mic, I've tried different mics and controllers and resetting my router and console, I just don't know what to do, if you can send me a list of ideas on how...
  10. New 3.5mm Xbox One controllers don't seem to output sound unless a mic is detected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    New 3.5mm Xbox One controllers don't seem to output sound unless a mic is detected?: I just received multiple new Xbox One controllers (Halo5, Lunar). These have the cool new built-in 3.5mm jack. I have multiple headsets with 3.5mm input and other devices (old headsets without...