Mic not working in fornite party chat

Discus and support Mic not working in fornite party chat in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I know this has been an ongoing issue with Xbox, I’m just wondering if anyone knows if Xbox has done anything to fix the mic problem in the fornite... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LeahMcArthur, Jul 21, 2021.

1. LeahMcArthur
    LeahMcArthur Guest

I know this has been an ongoing issue with Xbox, I’m just wondering if anyone knows if Xbox has done anything to fix the mic problem in the fornite party chat? We have the Xbox one s all digital.

We’ve done all the checks suggested and the mic works with every other app, it’s only party chat in fornite. Very frustrating for the kids trying to talk to mates, especially in COVID lockdown.

:)

LeahMcArthur, Jul 21, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Leah, how are you today?

So, I heard of this problem, but have you checked first the volume settings of the console? Have you checked the volume mixer?

This problem is happening to any other game?
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hit the xbox button on the controller > drag right to settings > click on audio > it will open three options for you to adjust the volume.

The first leave at most.

The second is "headset chat mixer" leave in the middle to hear both console and chat sounds or all the way to the left on the control symbol to hear only console sounds (music, games, etc.). )

And the third, at your discretion, is the microphone volume.
  4. Drakon Win User

Maybe going into the Fortnite settings and checking which mic it is using? Also maybe check the permissions for Fortnite. I dont play Fortnite so idk if this will work, these are problems I have encountered with other apps.
  5. FIZZY LP Win User

Good Afternoon Leah

Sorry to hear about the troubles you’ve been experiencing with your Xbox One S White Digital Edition Console.

Party chat should work no matter what game you are in, game chat will differ in yours and your friends settings.

Let’s start a party chat, do you get any orange or red error messages? Such as cannot connect to party chat or an error as occurred?

Please see these links for further help and guidance:

https://support.xbox.com/help/errors/error-code-0x89231806

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-xbox-one-party-audio

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

To speak with an Microsoft Expert please follow this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/contactus

I hope this was helpful, please let me know how you get on…

Many Thanks :)
  6. Haunted Spider Win User

Kinect

I use Kinect as a mic for Ghosts but it has very big limitations. The Kinect in general has a setting that allows it to pick up your voice and use it as a mic if no mic is plugged in. This works on several games but not Ghosts. Ghosts does not recognize
    the Xbones mic and will not try to use it. So you can use the mic to chat, but only if you are in a party. You can host a party switch to game chat and nothing will happen, it will not recognize the mic. But if you stick with party chat in a gamemode that
    allows you to play with party chat, then you can chat with your party, but you will never be able to chat with the lobby using the Kinect in Ghosts, at least as of now and the current updates.

So there you have it, Use the Kinect for friends in a party, but no Kinect for game chat in ghosts. So looking forward to the adapter when it comes out for my headset.
Thema:

1. Mic not working in fornite party chat - Similar Threads - Mic working fornite

2. Mic not working in online games (Xbox Cloud Gaming)

in XboX Insiders
    Mic not working in online games (Xbox Cloud Gaming): So I've had this issue on both iOS and Windows 10. When creating or joining a party with my friends who are on physical Xboxes, I am able to hear their chat through my headphones, but they are not...
  3. Mic monitoring not work on Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic monitoring not work on Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello! I bought the headphones months ago and this problem has not yet been solved. Was it the most important feature for me, when is it going to be solved? Thank you...
  4. My Xbox mic stopped working

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox mic stopped working: I bought one of those headsets that came with an adapter and recently stopped working. The mic got a bit loose in the beginning but it was working ok. But until recently it turns out my brother...
  5. Mic not working after latest update on Astro A50 Gen 3

in XboX Insiders
    Mic not working after latest update on Astro A50 Gen 3: Anyone what having this issue? I saw a few posts on Twitter and thought I'd check here. submitted by /u/Intrepid_Cup7971 [link] [comments]
  6. Multiple headsets not working on multiple controllers after update can talk through the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple headsets not working on multiple controllers after update can talk through the mic...: After the last update my headset will no longer allow me to hear from the headset only talk. I already sent in a report. I've used multiple headsets and controllers. Including a brand new headset....
  7. No one can hear me in parties my mic works fine with a cellphone but Xbox doesn’t detect it

in XboX Insiders
    No one can hear me in parties my mic works fine with a cellphone but Xbox doesn’t detect it: Does anyone knows why I can’t talk in parties? I can hear everything and I checked my headset with a cellphone and it works fine but when I join a party no one can hear me... :( I checked in the...
  8. Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?: So the new Microsoft Xbox wireless headset for the new Xbox series X is a fantastic headset. Feels great and sounds great. But one of the reasons why I got it is for mic monitoring. I set it on...
  9. Xbox wireless headset mic monitoring still not fully working?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset mic monitoring still not fully working?: Hi, After the most recent update the mic monitoring has improved a bit but not fully it's still on the high setting but I can't fully hear myself in the headphones so sounds muffled, is anyone...
  10. Sea of Thieves PC Mic Not Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves PC Mic Not Working: Hello. As the title says, on the steam version of the game I cant get my mic to work. When I load up the crew management in game it says "microphone ready", but when I get into the game itself it...