Mic not working since update

Discus and support Mic not working since update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since downloading the update my mic no longer works when plugging it into the controller. Why the *** is this happening?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Karate Master, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Mic not working since update

Since downloading the update my mic no longer works when plugging it into the controller. Why the *** is this happening?

:)

Karate Master, Feb 21, 2014
  2. Mic not working with Xbox One Stereo Headset

Take it this is still an ongoing issue - since the update my basic headset mic is not working or working only sporadically with crackling and distortion. Are there any fixes?

DongleUnlimited, Feb 21, 2014
  3. Mic won't work through game streaming

Ever since the update on xbox, my mic does not work through game streaming. On the top right it now shows a mute mic symbol. My mic is working fine as it works when I'm not using game streaming and just am playing on my xbox. How can I fix this?

ShreyashPatel, Feb 21, 2014
  4. KC_1981
    KC_1981 Guest

When you press the mute button on the headset does it illumindate orange.

KC_1981, Feb 21, 2014
  5. KC_1981 Win User

When you press the mute button on the headset does it illumindate orange.
  6. sN3KS Win User

Xbox one mic not working

That doesn't work for me. Ever since the April update none of my mics have worked
  7. DongleUnlimited Win User

Mic not working with Xbox One Stereo Headset

Take it this is still an ongoing issue - since the update my basic headset mic is not working or working only sporadically with crackling and distortion. Are there any fixes?
  8. Xbox Live User Win User

Xbox one mic not working

I had to buy a new mic and it worked..its like the last update messed a lot of chat mics up. Poor feedback from Microsoft on this subject its quite aggravating. But they got what they wanted from me since i had to buy a 2nd mic so they won't answer my issue.
  9. RoAdMoNstER725 Win User

Stereo headset randomly stopped working

I have the same issue.

I have a headset adapter and a pair of music headphones w in-line mic that I've used for months and the mic no longer works w the xbox one. Still works w phone, so it didn't break.

The headset adapter works w my 360 headset and the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, so it's not the controller. All firmware is up to date. There was a console update, and the mic hasn't worked for party chat since then.

Can't figure out why it stopped working.
Thema:

1. Mic not working since update - Similar Threads - Mic working since

2. Xbox mic won’t work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox mic won’t work?: My mic suddenly started glitching and wouldmt work sometimes, thought it was a short in the wire. Got two new headsets, still not working. Got a new controller, didnt fix it. Ive gone through...
  3. Official xbox one mic not working with discord

in XBoX on Windows
    Official xbox one mic not working with discord: Hello. I hope I'm in the right place for this. Basically I bought this mic: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-one-chat-headset-black/9008252.p?skuId=9008252 It's the official xbox one. I...
  4. Mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working: So for some reason my mic doesnt pick up my audio it has in the past but I dont know whats making it act like this, ive tried other mics that work but still not mic audio is picked up, I can hear...
  5. My mic no longer works as a mic... my headset does?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic no longer works as a mic... my headset does?: I understand that headsets can also work as microphones but this just happened out of nowhere. I recently logged onto my xbox and was at first scared that my mic didnt work until I started talking...
  6. Xbox One Fortnite Mic not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Fortnite Mic not working: Anyone familiar with this issue? We've really tried everything. Seen all the YouTube videos. Tried to do what they say. Nothing worked . The mix is fine and we can see on the console that the xbox...
  7. Mic not working for game chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working for game chat: I own a xbox one x and ive had an issue where my mic would not work in game chat and that i would not be able to hear anybody in game chat, but only in party chat. It would suow then talking in...
  8. Headphone mic not working, how to enable?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone mic not working, how to enable?: Hi folks I have a Logitech G432 headphone and mic. The 3.5mm plug has 3 rings...two for stereo and one for the mic. It came with a 3.5mm splitter, and some sort of USB adapter. I've tried...
  9. My Mic doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Mic doesn’t work: I got a new headset with a mic and it has not worked at all since i got it, i can hear friends but never say anything in return through the mic, I’ve looked for many ways to fixing it, like...
  10. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle Beach Stealth 700 mic not working: Hi I recently got a turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset and I discovered the mics not working properly. When I play mmy friends say all I here is static or Im too quiet. Its wireless btw and made for...