Mic not working since update

Discus and support Mic not working since update in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since downloading the update my mic no longer works when plugging it into the controller. Why the *** is this happening?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Karate Master, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Mic not working since update

Since downloading the update my mic no longer works when plugging it into the controller. Why the *** is this happening?

:)

Karate Master, Feb 21, 2014
  2. Mic not working with Xbox One Stereo Headset

Take it this is still an ongoing issue - since the update my basic headset mic is not working or working only sporadically with crackling and distortion. Are there any fixes?

DongleUnlimited, Feb 21, 2014
  3. Mic won't work through game streaming

Ever since the update on xbox, my mic does not work through game streaming. On the top right it now shows a mute mic symbol. My mic is working fine as it works when I'm not using game streaming and just am playing on my xbox. How can I fix this?

ShreyashPatel, Feb 21, 2014
  4. KC_1981
    KC_1981 Guest

When you press the mute button on the headset does it illumindate orange.

KC_1981, Feb 21, 2014
  5. KC_1981 Win User

When you press the mute button on the headset does it illumindate orange.
  6. sN3KS Win User

Xbox one mic not working

That doesn't work for me. Ever since the April update none of my mics have worked
  7. DongleUnlimited Win User

Mic not working with Xbox One Stereo Headset

Take it this is still an ongoing issue - since the update my basic headset mic is not working or working only sporadically with crackling and distortion. Are there any fixes?
  8. Xbox Live User Win User

Xbox one mic not working

I had to buy a new mic and it worked..its like the last update messed a lot of chat mics up. Poor feedback from Microsoft on this subject its quite aggravating. But they got what they wanted from me since i had to buy a 2nd mic so they won't answer my issue.
  9. RoAdMoNstER725 Win User

Stereo headset randomly stopped working

I have the same issue.

I have a headset adapter and a pair of music headphones w in-line mic that I've used for months and the mic no longer works w the xbox one. Still works w phone, so it didn't break.

The headset adapter works w my 360 headset and the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, so it's not the controller. All firmware is up to date. There was a console update, and the mic hasn't worked for party chat since then.

Can't figure out why it stopped working.
Thema:

1. Mic not working since update - Similar Threads - Mic working since

2. Headset mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic not working: When i plug in my headset to my controller,its not recognised,and no audio settings are visable on my dashboard.i cannot talk to my friends in a party. 23bc1ef5-96e3-4459-8dda-a877462dea52
  3. Gears 5 Crashes and causes my mic to not work.

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 Crashes and causes my mic to not work.: Has anyone had this happen or found a solution? Gears 5 since launch crashes pretty frequently during the load times between games or on start up. Basically anytime I see the gear spinning in the...
  4. Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please fix problem with headset and mic not working in xbox one s: Hi all, There was another thread about this issue but I'm starting a new one as we still have a problem with gaming headsets not working on both of our Xbox One S controllers. Problem occurred...
  5. Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Brand new and earbuds mic not working on controller!: Hi all, I purchased an Xbox One S bundle yesterday and plugging a 3.5mm jack into the controller works and the audio output is solid. However, the mic does not work. It says it is connected, but...
  6. Mic doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn’t work: Here’s what’s going on, the other day i hopped on xbox, plugged in my mic, started a party, and nothing happened, my mic wouldn’t work. In the party chat area it said “we are unable to find a...
  7. My son's mic has stopped working - was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My son's mic has stopped working - was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top...: was fine and then stopped and now it has a mute icon top right or bottom left depending on screen layout - why?! we have restarted by doing the 10 second thing - we have checked settings - but he...
  8. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

in XBoX Accessibility
    TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...: Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a...
  9. headset mic not working. I am at the end of my rope

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset mic not working. I am at the end of my rope: I am the parent of 2 kids with xbox ones. They both have wireless white controllers. I have tried 4 different pairs of headphones with mics. The kind you plug the 3.5mm end into the controller and...
  10. Headphones / mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones / mic not working: Hi the mic icon next to the battery icon is muted and no matter what we do it will not change. This is why we believe the headphones / mic is not working. We have re-assigned controllers, bought...