Mic not working with xbox one x

Discus and support Mic not working with xbox one x in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a headset a while back, a steelseries arctis 1, and have been using it without issue with my PC and phone, but when I plug it in via the 3.5mm... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by woodwalker700, May 23, 2020 at 7:52 AM.

1. Mic not working with xbox one x

I bought a headset a while back, a steelseries arctis 1, and have been using it without issue with my PC and phone, but when I plug it in via the 3.5mm jack on my controller the mic doesn't pick up.

I've gone through every troubleshooting article, blog post, and video I can find, changed every setting there and back, but i still can't get the mic to record.

I'm testing it both via a party and recording a message, nothing. I tried it on an old controller, nothing. I recently tried several OTHER headsets, and they also didn't work. So either this is a hardware issue on both of my controllers, or I have some setting
    screwy.

Open to any and all suggestions. Even if I've done it before, I'll try it again. Thanks for any help.

:)

woodwalker700, May 23, 2020 at 7:52 AM
  2. RezidentMeme Win User

WTF... Game Clip voice recording - Why is this not possible?

When I record a game clip on the Xbox One X my voice is not recorded even though all my mic settings are set to on. I'm totally confounded as to why this is so, since my mic is working with other apps and game chat. Supposedly this feature is built into
    the Xbox One X capture system.
  3. woodwalker700 Win User

yes, it registers that the headset is there, and I can hear audio through it. In games it even shows the little "mic" symbol next to my avatar or name, but when I talk it doesn't pick it up. How do I assign the headset to the profile? I have the controller
    assigned, but I don't think I've assigned the headset.

Thanks for the quick response!
  4. Son of L3GION Win User

try unpluging the mic and any adaptors if that does not work go to settings>Audio>and turn it off and back on
  5. Buxans Win User

hey,

while the headset is plugged press the Xbox button, slide across to the settings gear, click audio, there should be an option for audio and inside audio click headset mic and set it to on.

This should be the reason, if not let me know and ill try to work something else out.

Kind regards

6. EforEphruM Win User

Check the audio setting from the main settings menu. Should be an option to adjust your headset.
Thema:

1. Mic not working with xbox one x - Similar Threads - Mic working

2. my mic isn't working through my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    my mic isn't working through my controllers: my mic isn't working through my controllers but its working through my phone can someone help please 42e89124-ae36-4e0e-ad3f-f0087b73a0df
  3. Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic does not work in party while using a controller on pc: So I have been playing games with the game pass on my new pc. Party chat and everything works great. I got a controller to play with instead because some games i want to play with a controller. As...
  4. My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son is on second pair of the Xbox stereo headset and again the mic has stopped working!: Hi - it seems that it works for a couple of weeks, then stops in party chat. At the moment, while we're in lockdown, it's the only contact my 10 year old has with his friends. We have tried...
  5. Xbox one s mic not working but i can hear people and game voice

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one s mic not working but i can hear people and game voice: Hye everyone i have a problem with my headset mic people cannot hear me.. But i can . I tried all methods but nothing worked.. I tried hard reset.. Update contraller.. Checked my mic is not...
  6. Mic works for bro but not me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic works for bro but not me: My family and i share an xbox one and we play regularly. Recently i got xbox live and playing online works, however voicechat doesnt work. On my brothers account it works with his account but...
  7. Xbox headset adapter- Mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset adapter- Mic not working: Got a headset adapter, sound works but my mic doesnt work through headphones, but when i press the volume buttons on headphones it seems to pick up the clicking sound. Controller is up to date...
  8. USB interface mic not working with the xbox companion app (PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    USB interface mic not working with the xbox companion app (PC): I'm using an M-Audio air 192/6 with an AT2020 and the app shows the line 1/2 input but the party app doesn't seem to be monitoring any sound and no one can hear me when I speak in party chat....
  9. Mic doesn't work on multiplayer, just on groups

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic doesn't work on multiplayer, just on groups: Hi! I have been playing Battlefield V and I can hear all players talking to each other during the game, unfortunately my microphone is not working when I try to communicate. I can see the speaker...
  10. Headset mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset mic not working: Hi, on my headset i can hear everyone in a party but my nobody can hear me. My controller has been updated, is not on mute, console has been reset etc. Please advise!...