Mic on xbox one headset not working....any solutions? Tried all the suggestions

Discus and support Mic on xbox one headset not working....any solutions? Tried all the suggestions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Our aftermarket and Xbox One stereo headphones mics are not being picked up.by the One. We tested both mics and they worked. Done all of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KRH13, Apr 20, 2016.

1. KRH13
    KRH13 Guest

Our aftermarket and Xbox One stereo headphones mics are not being picked up.by the One. We tested both mics and they worked. Done all of the suggestions from MS. There is a thread on this subject from 2015 with 26 pages and no solutions. Any ideas?

:)

KRH13, Apr 20, 2016
  2. The Deralikt
    The Deralikt Guest
    Headset mic not working on Xbox One

Hi guys,

I've actually just tried to use the standard xbox chat headset that came with my elite console, but this won't work as well (friends can't hear me).

Any other suggestions? I don't really want to buy a new headset for it not to work.

The Deralikt, Apr 20, 2016
  3. Mic Headset Not Working - Any suggestions?

Hello JUGGERNAUT,

We have two of the Xbox One Stereo Headsets with Adapters and both sets work well. So, I have to ask, are you referring to the standard Xbox One Chat Headset, Xbox One Stereo Headset or some other manufacturers headset? The reason I ask is it would be helpful to
    know if you are using an Xbox One Headset Adapter and what kind. In the mean time, double check that when you have the headset plugged into the controller, the Xbox automatically recognize the compatible headset. And, in doing so it automatically makes Headset
    volume, Headset chat volume and Mic monitoring settings available right at the > Settings menu directly off the Home screen (kind of cool isn't it). At the top of the list of headset controls you will see Headset mic Off/On. Make sure Headset mic is set to
    On. This might be conflicting with the Adapter mute button. Also, it might be worth checking your Privacy settings again, > Setting > All settings
    > Personalization > My profile > Privacy settings > View details & customize > Communication & multiplayer > Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites . Lets us know if you continue to have problems with your microphone or headset.

Good luck and good gaming,

SA

greg_window10_installer, Apr 20, 2016
  4. Ice DjKilla
    Ice DjKilla Guest

Have you tried another controller, it may be that the controller headset port is not working correctly.

Ice DjKilla, Apr 22, 2016
  5. KRH13
    KRH13 Guest
    We did try another couple of controllers but no luck. I assign the other controllers as well. The mute buttons light up and the other buttons work as well. Very frustrating.

KRH13, Apr 23, 2016
  6. I have the exact same problem. I use the Microsoft chat headset. Tried new headset, new controller....nothing. However, I CAN use a headset plugged into the 3.5mm jack that the new controllers have. I have no clue what the problem could be, but it has to
    be something wrong with the Xbox.

StablerCrane565, Apr 29, 2016
  7. HARD THYME
    HARD THYME Guest
    I also have mic issue, tried all trouble shoot ideas, Hard reset, power block unplugged, open nat, new XBOX ONE controller, new XBOX ONE mic. April 16th, I was in The Division game chat for 2 hours and it went out. I hear game sound & chat through headset
    just fine. WoT game play shows mic in for 2 seconds then goes out again. XBOX party sound check displays no illuminated ring around icon. After reading the posts i felt compelled to let you know your not the only one with this issue. However Xbox 360 had this
    same problem some years ago and it got resolved, but it didnt take this long. Faith be in the microsoft staff to correct the problem, ( I hope ) lol.

HARD THYME, Apr 30, 2016
  8. Cleveland63b
    Cleveland63b Guest

been in the same boat....waiting for my 3rd headset to show up and hopeful it works. Already tried 2 controls and a headset since my first quit working. Tried the live chat support and they're saying my 2nd (brand new Microsoft) headset is defective which
    is hard to understand since I can hear through it just fine and they seem to be shared circuits internally.....guess we'll see I went aftermarket this time.

Cleveland63b, May 1, 2016
  9. KRH13
    KRH13 Guest
    We just bought a new One controller with the 3.5 jack and it is not working either. We updated the controller and assigned it as well. Not sure what else to do.

KRH13, Oct 31, 2018
  10. HARD THYME Win User

I also have mic issue, tried all trouble shoot ideas, Hard reset, power block unplugged, open nat, new XBOX ONE controller, new XBOX ONE mic. April 16th, I was in The Division game chat for 2 hours and it went out. I hear game sound & chat through headset
    just fine. WoT game play shows mic in for 2 seconds then goes out again. XBOX party sound check displays no illuminated ring around icon. After reading the posts i felt compelled to let you know your not the only one with this issue. However Xbox 360 had this
    same problem some years ago and it got resolved, but it didnt take this long. Faith be in the microsoft staff to correct the problem, ( I hope ) lol.
  11. Ice DjKilla Win User

Have you tried another controller, it may be that the controller headset port is not working correctly.
  12. KRH13 Win User

We just bought a new One controller with the 3.5 jack and it is not working either. We updated the controller and assigned it as well. Not sure what else to do.
  13. Cleveland63b Win User

been in the same boat....waiting for my 3rd headset to show up and hopeful it works. Already tried 2 controls and a headset since my first quit working. Tried the live chat support and they're saying my 2nd (brand new Microsoft) headset is defective which
    is hard to understand since I can hear through it just fine and they seem to be shared circuits internally.....guess we'll see I went aftermarket this time.
  14. StablerCrane565 Win User

I have the exact same problem. I use the Microsoft chat headset. Tried new headset, new controller....nothing. However, I CAN use a headset plugged into the 3.5mm jack that the new controllers have. I have no clue what the problem could be, but it has to
    be something wrong with the Xbox.
Thema:

1. Mic on xbox one headset not working....any solutions? Tried all the suggestions - Similar Threads - Mic headset working

2. Xbox Wireless Headset Mic Moniotoring not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset Mic Moniotoring not working: Please please can someone give me any information on the following issue I have an Xbox Series S and I purchased an Xbox Wireless Headset. The headset is good and I was able to set up everything,...
  3. Headset Mic Not Working In Party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Mic Not Working In Party: My headset mic doesn’t work in Xbox parties. I can breathe in my mic but still hear it while nobody else in my party does. The circle around my profile also doesn’t expand when I make noise...
  4. My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic won’t work and I can’t hear anybody else talking but I have tried different headsets...: My mic hasn’t worked in game chat or party chat for about a week or two I have tried 3 different headsets and 2 different controllers but it won’t work I checked my settings and they seem to be...
  5. Series X - Headset mics (multiple) no longer work on any controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X - Headset mics (multiple) no longer work on any controller: Hi, Yesterday, when I tried to start a party with a friend of mine, I was able to hear him clearly but he couldn't hear me. This is despite the Xbox showing I have a headset attached, in the...
  6. Mic monitoring not work on Xbox Wireless Headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic monitoring not work on Xbox Wireless Headset: Hello! I bought the headphones months ago and this problem has not yet been solved. Was it the most important feature for me, when is it going to be solved? Thank you...
  7. Multiple headsets not working on multiple controllers after update can talk through the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple headsets not working on multiple controllers after update can talk through the mic...: After the last update my headset will no longer allow me to hear from the headset only talk. I already sent in a report. I've used multiple headsets and controllers. Including a brand new headset....
  8. Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn’t mic monitoring working with the new Xbox Wireless Headset?: So the new Microsoft Xbox wireless headset for the new Xbox series X is a fantastic headset. Feels great and sounds great. But one of the reasons why I got it is for mic monitoring. I set it on...
  9. Xbox wireless headset mic monitoring still not fully working?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset mic monitoring still not fully working?: Hi, After the most recent update the mic monitoring has improved a bit but not fully it's still on the high setting but I can't fully hear myself in the headphones so sounds muffled, is anyone...
  10. have a headset with a mic which works completely fine on phone. but it doesn't work in...

in XboX Insiders
    have a headset with a mic which works completely fine on phone. but it doesn't work in...: however, even that doesn't work in game chat in Warzone. can someone please help withthis using any solution? thanks! submitted by /u/omisfunny [link] [comments]