Mic or kinects voice won't work

Discus and support Mic or kinects voice won't work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place to put this or not, but my mic or my kinects for my 360 will not work....It says my mic is plugged in but neither... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by joshcarter84, Jan 24, 2014.

1. joshcarter84
    joshcarter84 Guest

Not sure if this is the right place to put this or not, but my mic or my kinects for my 360 will not work....It says my mic is plugged in but neither will pick up my voice....I have tried 2 head sets...I've unplugged and replugged everything back in twice...tried
    different controllers, checked all the settings...etc...I'm basically out of options and I have no clue what the problem is....I can hear my friends perfectly but they can't hear me....any suggestions??

:)

joshcarter84, Jan 24, 2014
  2. Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic works!

Hello all,

I ran into this issue a couple of weeks ago. My mic stopped picking up my voice, but Xbox detected the mic and played back voice through the headset.

I tried the mic on two different controllers and it wouldn't work on either. Xbox detects the mic, but it won't record any voice. So I went out and bought a brand new $20 headset - NO LUCK. The new headset doesn't work on either controller. Once again, Xbox
    detects the mic and I can hear my friends through the headset but the mic won't pickup my voice.

My privacy settings are fine and my Kinect mic works. What in the heck is going on here? This is driving me insane!

nub whisperer, Jan 24, 2014
  3. the "better with Kinect" video on XBLIVE

So for all of those who'd say that using a mic won't work at all due to the Kinect having Voice Recognition... I remember playing SOCOM nearly a decade ago and using the mic to speak ingame. I recall using the same phrase
    II PARALAX II ingame numerous times, so there is precedent of using a mic in lieu of a gimmick.

Deaths Head 200, Jan 24, 2014
Thema:

1. Mic or kinects voice won't work - Similar Threads - Mic kinects voice

2. why i my ban i did nothing wrong in both text and talking with the mic or the kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    why i my ban i did nothing wrong in both text and talking with the mic or the kinect: why i my ban i did nothing wrong no swear and no bad words with the mic i only use it with my friends and sometimes randoms still i dont swear on the mic and i dont have a kinect so i cant send...
  3. Have to use Kinect mic to chat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Have to use Kinect mic to chat: my headsets mic is broke but I can hear fine, I want to be able to still use my headset to hear but I want to use my Kinect as a mic, can anyone help? d80f8180-32d1-46c1-b560-ff64151104de
  4. Skype Bug: Kinect mic nonfunctional for Skype only.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype Bug: Kinect mic nonfunctional for Skype only.: Since the update to Skype on my Preview-enrolled Xbox One, the Kinect microphone does not work with the app. I have the permissions set correctly—Skype is allowed to access my mic in the Settings...
  5. Skype Bug: Kinect mic nonfunctional for Skype only.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Skype Bug: Kinect mic nonfunctional for Skype only.: Since the update to Skype on my Preview-enrolled Xbox One, the Kinect microphone does not work with the app. I have the permissions set correctly—Skype is allowed to access my mic in the Settings...
  6. why i my ban i did nothing wrong in both text and talking with the mic or the kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    why i my ban i did nothing wrong in both text and talking with the mic or the kinect: why i my ban i did nothing wrong no swear and no bad words with the mic i only use it with my friends and sometimes randoms still i dont swear on the mic and i dont have a kinect so i cant send...
  7. No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No one can hear me through headset mic, kinect works fine. Can hear all other sounds and party.: Ok so before we start no it is not muted. Last Monday afternoon everything worked fine, come the evening my mic wouldn't work but I could hear all the party and game sounds. I tried my Kinect and...
  8. Xbox1 Mic not picking up my voice/noise - can only talk with kinect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox1 Mic not picking up my voice/noise - can only talk with kinect: I know more people are having the same problem.. I have no flashing indicator when speaking did all the resets and stuff bought a new mic and controller still nothing can only communicate through...
  9. Kinect voice commands have never worked. Also headset mic has stopped working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kinect voice commands have never worked. Also headset mic has stopped working.: Hi guys, I'm from New Zealand and recently we have just gotten an update that enables voice commands to be used. Unfortunately mine still isn't working, nothing I say is registering. I don't even...
  10. Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset: Can hear friends, but mic won't detect my voice. Tried 2 headsets. Kinect mic ...: This is something they should have fixed long ago, thanks for costing me more money microsoft that's two mics of mine that don't work because they didn't fix something that they easily could have....