Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ...

Discus and support Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive seen this issue in reverse but I can't get it to work in game chat. It used to just fine now it wont, only party chat. Please help.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rubberducky921, May 23, 2014.

1. Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ...

Ive seen this issue in reverse but I can't get it to work in game chat. It used to just fine now it wont, only party chat. Please help.

:)

rubberducky921, May 23, 2014
  2. Titanfall in game chat issue

Has anyone else encountered this problem? My microphone works fine in party chats, and other in-game chats, however, in Titanfall I can only hear other people. It acts as if my mic is muted, and won't pick up my voice.

This is the xbox one headset that come with Xbox

MessiahBrowny, May 23, 2014
  3. NGU x AqUa
    NGU x AqUa Guest
    Xbox stereo headset mic doesn't work in game chat for Rainbow Six Siege??

I recently bought the stereo headset for my xbox one. Everything works fine, except for game chat. In party chat I can talk and hear other people, but when I play Rainbow Six Siege I cant hear game chat, nor does the mic work. I don't see any settings that
    would explain this. I tried game chat on other games and it works. But when I play R6S nothing in game chat works. Is this somehow a problem with my mic? Or the game? The mic works fine everywhere else.

NGU x AqUa, May 23, 2014
  4. Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ...

Tru resetting console and maybe update controller again see of that may help

MessiahBrowny, May 24, 2014
  5. Haunted Spider Win User

Kinect

I use Kinect as a mic for Ghosts but it has very big limitations. The Kinect in general has a setting that allows it to pick up your voice and use it as a mic if no mic is plugged in. This works on several games but not Ghosts. Ghosts does not recognize
    the Xbones mic and will not try to use it. So you can use the mic to chat, but only if you are in a party. You can host a party switch to game chat and nothing will happen, it will not recognize the mic. But if you stick with party chat in a gamemode that
    allows you to play with party chat, then you can chat with your party, but you will never be able to chat with the lobby using the Kinect in Ghosts, at least as of now and the current updates.

So there you have it, Use the Kinect for friends in a party, but no Kinect for game chat in ghosts. So looking forward to the adapter when it comes out for my headset.
  6. ScaredySquirrel Win User

I can hear party chat but they cannot hear me. Xbox One S

It's weird, my mic works for party chat, it works for recording messages, works for talking to Cortana. It won't however work with game chat! No matter what game I'm in it shows that a mic is hooked up but the icon won't flash when i talk into it.

I've checked to make sure I'm not in a party and I'm not. Something is up Microsoft needs to fix this.
  7. MLange73 Win User

The Division no Mic in game play

Hi @MarineA112!

Is it just the Division that your mic doesn't work in? Does it work in other games or in Party chat?
  8. Haunted Spider Win User

My Kinect's Microphone won't work on Ghosts? any thoughts as to why?

From day one, the Kinect voice chat has not worked with Ghosts, unless if you are in a party. Any party disabled game modes will kick you out of party chat or now allow you to play the mode. There is no game chat option to speak through Kinect, so talking
    with randoms or in lobbies is a no go. You need a mic on a headset for that, either the one that came with your xbox one, or a 3rd party headset that you buy the Microsoft puck adapter for.

I do not know about the other two games as I don't have either one. Good luck.
  9. D MASTERPIECE Win User

How do I (beginner) set up Xbox live chat correctly?

Game chat means that only people in the game can chat, unless they are in their own Party. They will still show up as having mics with the sound icon even if they are in their own Party.

Game chat can be unreliable. Best thing to do is to make sure that everyone in the game is in the same Party.

If you bring up a person's gamertag and they have a 'Join Party' option then they are in their own party. You won't hear them in the game and must join the Party or invite them to your one.

Basically, get everyone into the same Party and forget about game chat.

Keep an eye on the mute button and volume.
Thema:

Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ...

1. Mic that came with the xbox one won't work in game chat but does in party chat. Can anyone ... - Similar Threads - Mic came won't

2. My mic sounds terrible on Xbox Live Party but perfect on Discord. HELP PLEASE

in XBoX on Windows
    My mic sounds terrible on Xbox Live Party but perfect on Discord. HELP PLEASE: So I am a pc player and use discord 90% of the time and it works great with my Razr mic. The issue I have is when I join an xbox live party it sounds like im communicating from an airplane (thats...
  3. Xbox series s streaming mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s streaming mic: Anyone know which tripod streaming mic will work on the new xbox series s? What do i need to look for to make sure its compatible thanks e7deeb60-7bfb-4363-9c6a-abe4f03434fa
  4. Mic Sensitivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic Sensitivity: Having trouble with my mic on brand new pdp lvl40 headset. When I plug it in to my PC to test it, it works perfectly. However, when I test it on xbox, the xbox doesn't pick up my voice at all. The...
  5. Xbox Game Bar disables Mic as soon as I switch tabs/alt tab or go to any program.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Bar disables Mic as soon as I switch tabs/alt tab or go to any program.: How do I stop it from doing this? submitted by /u/greenfiretornado [link] [comments]
  6. Headset Mic Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Mic Issue: I just signed my son up to be part of the Xbox Live community. We have bought a new xbox compatible gaming headset. Our problem is that he can hear his friends, but they cannot hear him. I have...
  7. How to work a USB mic on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to work a USB mic on Xbox: I have a blue yeti nano a headset adapter and aux cord with them plugged into my controller and blue yeti. My blue yeti works on youtube on xbox but not in parties. Why is this?...
  8. Mic not working and can't update controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working and can't update controller: So I bought a lovely new Razer Kraken Tournament Edition and was excited to play games like fortnite with this new headset , except I can't speak, like it won't pick up my voice no matter what...
  9. Mic that came with xbox will not let me talk back..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic that came with xbox will not let me talk back..: This issue just literally started happening to me. I was talking with some buddies and all of the sudden they couldn't hear me but I could hear them just fine. I have done all the steps Miss...
  10. static coming from the Xbox mic that came with console

in XBoX on Consoles
    static coming from the Xbox mic that came with console: the wired mic that came with the day 1 console I am talking about. I never used it since I got the console but today I tried it on Battlefield 4 but everyone I heard talking I could hear what they...