Mic won't work through game streaming

Discus and support Mic won't work through game streaming in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since the update on xbox, my mic does not work through game streaming. On the top right it now shows a mute mic symbol. My mic is working fine as... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ShreyashPatel, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Mic won't work through game streaming

Ever since the update on xbox, my mic does not work through game streaming. On the top right it now shows a mute mic symbol. My mic is working fine as it works when I'm not using game streaming and just am playing on my xbox. How can I fix this?

:)

ShreyashPatel, Apr 14, 2017
  2. Mic not working through game streaming

While using my mic in the xbox app party chat it works perfectly fine, but while streaming it won't work on the console. Mic is unmuted at the top of the screen and I have had it working before but now it doesn't work at all for some reason.

Crimson Trainer, Apr 14, 2017
  3. xxxRIP666
    xxxRIP666 Guest
    Mic won't work

I can't do any kind Audio Input

Not on me Xbox one or me friends xbox and me friends can't do it on me Xbox.

Please help missing party chat like **** even try other controllers and headsets nothing I can hear but can't do any kind of Audio Input

xxxRIP666, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Loraine Mon
    Loraine Mon Guest

Hi,

Based on how you describe the issue, it appears that the Xbox App was affected after the update on your Xbox. There are several reasons why you are experiencing this issue.

To resolve your concern, check for new Windows Updates on your computer and install them. You can click this

link
    and follow the steps on how to check for new Windows Updates.

If you are still experiencing the same issue, we recommend that you manually update the Xbox App by following the steps below:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
    5. Launch Windows Store again and download
      Xbox App

We will appreciate if you can update us the results so if these solutions won't work, we will find another way to resolve your concern.

Loraine Mon, Apr 14, 2017
  5. MuggleMarc
    MuggleMarc Guest
    I'm having the same issue, but this solution doesn't seem to work for me.

I have an Elite controller, wireless through the official dongle. Mic is working outside of the XBox App, and even seems to work in the XBox App for Party Chat.

But it does not work when streaming. In a party it says "We can't find a microphone for these people".

This used to work great for me, and stopped sometime around the XBox update.

Any other ideas on how to fix this?

MuggleMarc, Apr 19, 2017
  6. JosephAMayo
    JosephAMayo Guest
    It was the update that caused the issue, unfortunately, Microsoft have a bad habit of not admitting to their mistakes.

2 weeks back I got in contact with Microsoft, who vaguely explained that it's an ongoing issue.

Unfortunately, it's likely we'll have to wait months for a fix.

JosephAMayo, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Loraine Mon Win User

Hi,

Based on how you describe the issue, it appears that the Xbox App was affected after the update on your Xbox. There are several reasons why you are experiencing this issue.

To resolve your concern, check for new Windows Updates on your computer and install them. You can click this

link

If you are still experiencing the same issue, we recommend that you manually update the Xbox App by following the steps below:

3. Type the following command to uninstall Windows Store: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Hit Enter.
      Xbox App

We will appreciate if you can update us the results so if these solutions won't work, we will find another way to resolve your concern.
  8. JosephAMayo Win User

This used to work great for me, and stopped sometime around the Xbox update.
    It was the update that caused the issue, unfortunately, Microsoft have a bad habit of not admitting to their mistakes.

2 weeks back I got in contact with Microsoft, who vaguely explained that it's an ongoing issue.

Unfortunately, it's likely we'll have to wait months for a fix.
  9. MuggleMarc Win User

Hi,

link

4. Hit Enter.
      Xbox App

I'm having the same issue, but this solution doesn't seem to work for me.

I have an Elite controller, wireless through the official dongle. Mic is working outside of the XBox App, and even seems to work in the XBox App for Party Chat.

But it does not work when streaming. In a party it says "We can't find a microphone for these people".

This used to work great for me, and stopped sometime around the XBox update.

Any other ideas on how to fix this?
  10. Tweakyth13f Win User

Mic not working through game streaming

Having the exact same issue myself. Installed a new sound card over the weekend and unsure if that caused it, but it works everywhere else in the system. Both the Xbox and Xbox Beta app used to work, now, neither will stream my mic.
  11. Bestlano Win User

Mic not working through game streaming

Hi TFlex, Sorry to hear your experiencing issues with recording. Can you try the latest version of Xbox App (Beta) to see if you can reproduce this issue? You can DL the Beta app located here: www.microsoft.com/.../9NBLGGH1J27H.
    If you still experience the issue, click the happy button on the left NAV bar and use "Report a problem". This will generate a report with helpful data to the developers to investigate. In the mean time I will call this issue out in our reports to the developers.

Thanks for the feedback,

Best
Thema:

1. Mic won't work through game streaming - Similar Threads - Mic won't through

2. Xbox one - mic won't work - advice please

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one - mic won't work - advice please: Newbie to this and its my sons Xbox one. He's driving me mad as his mic hasn't worked now for weeks!! We have tested it on other devices so its ok. He can hear people fine but they just can't hear...
  3. My mic won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic won't work: I've had this problem for a while now; i can hear what people say in xbox party chat but they can't hear me Ive checked around the internet for an answer and none of them seem to work 1)My NAT...
  4. Mic won't work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mic won't work: On Xbox party my microphone won't work but I'm able to hear the game sound and my friends talk. I have had this problem for a while now and I have tried(I think) every way to fix this. This can't...
  5. Verizon: my xbox mic won't let my friends hear me the little ring doesn't show up when I talk.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Verizon: my xbox mic won't let my friends hear me the little ring doesn't show up when I talk.: Verizon (ISPs): my xbox mic won't let my friends hear me the little ring doesn't show up when I talk. I hope you can find a fix for that problem!! 452e2f48-6f71-4584-b9ca-614bbb247e0a
  6. Why Won't My Mic Work When I Plug It Into My Controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Won't My Mic Work When I Plug It Into My Controller?: Hi People That Are Reading This, Ive Been Having A Problem With My Controller Lately. When I Go And Plug In My Mic It Won't Work. If I Do It On My Other Controller (My Brothers) It Will Work...
  7. My headphones work but why won't my mic ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headphones work but why won't my mic ?: Ok i have seriously tried every thing .. .ive bought multiple controllers....TONS of headphones . Some xbox and some knoxk off brand .. so heres the thing. One zecond the things will work yhen...
  8. Mic won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic won't work: I can't do any kind Audio Input Not on me Xbox one or me friends xbox and me friends can't do it on me Xbox. Please help missing party chat like **** even try other controllers and headsets...
  9. Mics won't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mics won't work: I have had my Xbox 1 since a couple months after the first release and at the beginning, my mic worked but after a couple software updates my mic stopped working, I had an adapter piece so I tried...
  10. Mic won't let me speak

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic won't let me speak: I was talking to my friends today and then my mic just randomly stopped working. I can still hear my friends but can't speak to them. I plugged in my other controller and then it started to let me...