Mic works on one gamertag but not the other

Discus and support Mic works on one gamertag but not the other in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have had my gamertag for a while now and just got a new one (bc I just felt like it lol ) any way my mic works with the old one fine but I can't here... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BEWARE0fDOGG, Feb 17, 2014.

1. BEWARE0fDOGG
    BEWARE0fDOGG Guest

I have had my gamertag for a while now and just got a new one (bc I just felt like it lol ) any way my mic works with the old one fine but I can't here my buddy with the mic on the new one... ???

:)

BEWARE0fDOGG, Feb 17, 2014
  2. bigbaekhyun
    bigbaekhyun Guest
    mic working in party but not game chat

after an update of one of my games, my mic stopped working in-game completely. i thought it was the mic, but i can talk in party chat just fine. it’s also weird, because on the other account on my xbox the mic works in game chat but once i sign in to mine
    it no longer does. i also thought it was the game, but since it works on other accounts in the game, i don’t see how it could be the game or the mic. it used to work, now all of the sudden it doesn’t. any solutions?

bigbaekhyun, Feb 17, 2014
  3. Mic on multiple devices not working.

I have two headsets, one being the standard headset from Xbox one, and another using an adapter. In both cases, I can hear other people or the game fine from the headsets, but the mic is not working. On both of my controllers, the mic does not work, and
    it is not a muting problem. Also, I just got the adapter today, and it does the same thing, no mic, but I can hear sound.

EndingSwine18, Feb 17, 2014
  4. Mic works on one gamertag but not the other

Is your other account gold or silver? I don't think you can voice chat with silver account. Also, do you have the voice settings different on your other account? Like under preferences, go to voice and see if voice plays through mic, tv or both. Do you have
    it set to TV by any chance?

If not, I have no clue. I can't say I've ever heard of this problem before.

Dr Black Bones, Feb 18, 2014
  5. Dr Black Bones Win User

Is your other account gold or silver? I don't think you can voice chat with silver account. Also, do you have the voice settings different on your other account? Like under preferences, go to voice and see if voice plays through mic, tv or both. Do you have
    it set to TV by any chance?

If not, I have no clue. I can't say I've ever heard of this problem before.
  6. Falcon887 Win User

Son needs xbox live friends

Hi,

My son is 8, just joined and looking for others to play minecraft with. He doesn't have a mic yet, will be getting one soon. His gamertag is Ank555
  7. Tha Krazy One Win User

USB Microphone Supported On Xbox One

There are USB microphones that will work with the XBOX. One that works and is made for XBOX is the Turtle Beach Stream Mic. I personally have one and works great. Before purchasing it, I tried a BLUE Yet microphone which is USB and did not work. I
    am not aware if there are others that work but the Stream Mic works. It also has a PC app for some fine tuning and a headphone jack for Mic monitoring and game audio
  8. ArianeArsenault Win User

Microphone muted - no sound on hearphone

Thank! Mic works with the other controller... so something wrong with the other one I guess. Any clue on how to fix that?
  9. IceStorm III Win User

two x boxes in home

Sure. One license works with the console that the content was first downloaded on, the other works with the gamertag license of the purchasing gamertag.
Thema:

1. Mic works on one gamertag but not the other - Similar Threads - Mic works gamertag

2. Can't get mute symbol off and headset sound and mic not working!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get mute symbol off and headset sound and mic not working!: Noticed my headset was not working, and started to trouble shoot it. I power cycled the xbox several times. I bought a new controller, and updated it several times. And still the headset won't...
  3. mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    mic not working: ive just bought a turtle beach ear force recon 70 head set ive tried on 2 different controllers and its stil says we could not find a device for these people ive even tried troubleshooting is it...
  4. Xbox 1 x - mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 1 x - mic not working: I use my turtle beach headset very infrequently; last would have been months ago and there were no issues. I just tried to use it for a multiplayer game and although I can hear everyone in the...
  5. Mic on my headphones is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic on my headphones is not working: I keep receiving the following message when i plug in my headset, the headset is brand new and it still does not work “unable to find microphone for these people” i have tried all the...
  6. My mic wont work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic wont work: My mic wont work on my xbox 1s but i can hear my party but they cant hear me i don’t have the money to buy another mic that costs 40 dollars can you please tell me what to do thanks...
  7. Mic not working xbox 1s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mic not working xbox 1s: Hi can anyone help my sons mic has stopped working we have tried a different mic and controller and followed all the resets and tips but still not working We have noticed a mic muted icon on...
  8. Mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic not working: The mic doesn’t work. I have already: -tried different controllers -purchased a new mic -went thro every stickin’ setting on xbox and fornite -reset the xbox -reset the xbox back to factory...
  9. My new mic worked before but now it doesnt.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new mic worked before but now it doesnt.: I recently bought a pair of skullcandy riff over the ear headphones and they worked before but now the sound works but not the microphone and it works on my phone but not my pdp wired controller....
  10. XBOX One S Mic suddenly stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S Mic suddenly stopped working: My sons XBOX One S mic has suddenly packed up. I've tried narrowing the problem down to faulty hardware such as a broken cable or the controller but after 3 different headsets, 3 different...