Microphone headset not working

Discus and support Microphone headset not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Help, my sons headset has just stopped working. I have plugged it in to other devices and it works perfectly, put back on the xbox and nothing. He is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by tracieWoodward, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Microphone headset not working

Help, my sons headset has just stopped working. I have plugged it in to other devices and it works perfectly, put back on the xbox and nothing. He is getting quite frustrated as i cant seem to fix it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

:)

tracieWoodward, Sep 2, 2019
  2. maxen Win User

Sony MDR-IRBT Headphones

Is the microphone for this headset in-line (on the actual headset cable)? I know for other headsets this means the microphone won't work for the Xbox One.
  3. LushUnicorn09 Win User

Muted headset symbol on xbox One S

Sir Lancealot 83.

The microphone is muted, not the headset.

The headset and microphone works on another xbox and controller.

I have tried it on 2 controllers on the bone that is muted.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:

When I look up the Plantronics RIG 100HX it is a gaming headset not just a microphone so it is picking up that you plugged in a headset and making an adjustment.

Are you plugging in a gaming headset and only wanting the microphone to work on it?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Icon Muted

Do you have a headset where this worked before? Or did you change headsets and since then the Microphone is muted?

There are two types of 3.5mm headphone jacks called OMTP and CTIA. On both standards, the microphone connector is switched with the ground connector. So if you have an OMTP headset, the controller is listening for a microphone on the ground connector, while
    the microphone sends signals to the controller ground.
  6. Erin' Win User

Broken microphone

The microphone does not work in any games nor does it work in party chats. The headset is the standard headset that comes with an xbox purchase.
Thema:

Microphone headset not working

1. Microphone headset not working - Similar Threads - Microphone headset working

2. Headset Microphone stops working after some time of using on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Microphone stops working after some time of using on Xbox One: Hi there everyone, My son has been getting a problem whereby his Microphone on his headset (doesn't matter which make, we've tried 5 different ones) stops working after some time of playing. I've...
  3. Micro du casque ne marche plus sur Xbox one[Headset microphone no longer works on Xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Micro du casque ne marche plus sur Xbox one[Headset microphone no longer works on Xbox one]: Bonjour, Mon micro du casque ne marche plus depuis 15jours, tous fonctionnais très bien et puis un soir plus rien. J'ai un casque Qpad branché avec adaptateur manette et donc adaptateur jack...
  4. Microphone doesn't work. I can hear everyone on my headset but they can't hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn't work. I can hear everyone on my headset but they can't hear me.: Hello, Well i recently bought an xbox one s all digital and when i tried to use my headset i can hear everyone and everything just fine but the problem is that mi microphone it's not working (i...
  5. Son's Microphone not working on headset, HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Son's Microphone not working on headset, HELP!: At my whits end, my sons microphone isn't working on his headset (he can hear), just no-one can hear him. I've checked all settings, bought a new headset, everything is connected and switched on....
  6. Microphone not working (although the system sees headset with microphone connected)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working (although the system sees headset with microphone connected): Hi, I seem to be having issues with my headsets. Just bought an Xbox One a couple weeks ago, so both console and controller are brand new. When I plug-in my headset into the controller, the...
  7. headset microphone doesn't work

in XBoX Accessibility
    headset microphone doesn't work: i can't get the microphone on my gaming headset to work 93857bb2-1fa2-46ba-8de6-621ccd2bbbb9
  8. Microphone on Headset Not Working Properly

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microphone on Headset Not Working Properly: My microphone on my headset does not work on the Xbox. I have tried using two different headsets. Currently I have a Masacegon. I also bought at Onikuma thinking that it was a problem with the...
  9. Xbox microphone not work on headsets

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox microphone not work on headsets: My microphone on my headset does not work on the Xbox. I have tried using two different headsets. I have replaced the batteries in the controller and updated. I have reviewed my settings which...
  10. Turtle beach elite pro headset MICROPHONE NOT WORKING HELP!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turtle beach elite pro headset MICROPHONE NOT WORKING HELP!!!!: I have been using this 1 year now and all the sudden microphone isn't recognizing this is my setup https://www.turtlebeach.com/products/ultimate-elite-pro-headset-bundle?variant=8158477910060...