Microphone headset not working

Discus and support Microphone headset not working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Help, my sons headset has just stopped working. I have plugged it in to other devices and it works perfectly, put back on the xbox and nothing. He is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by tracieWoodward, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Microphone headset not working

Help, my sons headset has just stopped working. I have plugged it in to other devices and it works perfectly, put back on the xbox and nothing. He is getting quite frustrated as i cant seem to fix it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

:)

tracieWoodward, Sep 2, 2019
  2. maxen Win User

Sony MDR-IRBT Headphones

Is the microphone for this headset in-line (on the actual headset cable)? I know for other headsets this means the microphone won't work for the Xbox One.
  3. LushUnicorn09 Win User

Muted headset symbol on xbox One S

Sir Lancealot 83.

The microphone is muted, not the headset.

The headset and microphone works on another xbox and controller.

I have tried it on 2 controllers on the bone that is muted.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:

When I look up the Plantronics RIG 100HX it is a gaming headset not just a microphone so it is picking up that you plugged in a headset and making an adjustment.

Are you plugging in a gaming headset and only wanting the microphone to work on it?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

Icon Muted

Do you have a headset where this worked before? Or did you change headsets and since then the Microphone is muted?

There are two types of 3.5mm headphone jacks called OMTP and CTIA. On both standards, the microphone connector is switched with the ground connector. So if you have an OMTP headset, the controller is listening for a microphone on the ground connector, while
    the microphone sends signals to the controller ground.
  6. Erin' Win User

Broken microphone

The microphone does not work in any games nor does it work in party chats. The headset is the standard headset that comes with an xbox purchase.
Thema:

Microphone headset not working

1. Microphone headset not working - Similar Threads - Microphone headset working

2. Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord: Hello, i have an issue with Gears 5 on PC for steam where it causes my mic to stop working in discord, i can still hear everyone but they cant hear me, the only way to fix this it seems, and its...
  3. Headset - Microphone not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset - Microphone not working: My son is on his 3rd headset in less then 9 months. He can hear everybody but nobody can hear him when he talks and his microphone doesn't show him talking in the game. We get a new mic and it...
  4. Microphone mute icon - headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone mute icon - headset not working: Hi I have the microphone muted icon on home screen of Xbox one s console and no troubleshooting solutions are working, my headset will not work (even though it works on iPad/iphone etc) and I feel...
  5. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains. c69204be-bae1-4881-8adf-b6896ddbbd35
  6. Xbox Windows 10 PC App Headset Microphone Not Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Windows 10 PC App Headset Microphone Not Working: I have recently begun to have this problem where my microphone stops working in the windows 10 pc app when I am in a party with friends. It has worked fine until about a week ago that I first had...
  7. Xbox chat headset - microphone is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox chat headset - microphone is not working: The mic on my xbox one chat headset stopped working yesterday. It was fine in the morning, but in the afternoon it no longer transmits my voice. I can hear fine, but no one can hear me. If I bend...
  8. Xbox one headset: Can hear sound but can not talk (microphone does not work - multiple ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one headset: Can hear sound but can not talk (microphone does not work - multiple ...: Hello, I have a Microsoft over the ears headset that was working just fine for almost a year. The other day I logged on and I could hear out of the headset but I could not talk to anyone through...
  9. Astro A20 headset microphone not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Astro A20 headset microphone not working: I have an Astro A20 wirless headset and just recently the microphone stopped working but the game audio continues to work. I play on the xbox one and i have never had this problem before. It...
  10. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Hi, I have seen a couple of old threads with similar content to this but having read through them I still can't find a resolution despite this being quite a commonly reported problem, so I...