Microphone issue with a elite series 2 controller

Discus and support Microphone issue with a elite series 2 controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently my microphone has stopped working in xbox parties using my second gen elite controller, I can still hear myself though the mic monitoring. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RHION NASH, Dec 25, 2019.

1. RHION NASH
    RHION NASH Guest

Recently my microphone has stopped working in xbox parties using my second gen elite controller, I can still hear myself though the mic monitoring. I have unplugged and plugged the headset in, restarted the controller and hard reset the console (which is
    a one x). My headset works on a standard xbox controller but I do not understand why it will not work in parties. My console also recognises the headset and microphone with the elite controller.

I do not believe its a hardware issue otherwise there would be no connectivity at all. I can’t find anyone with similar issues.

:)

RHION NASH, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Drudge02 Win User

Hello,

While your controller is sensing that there is a microphone plugged into the controller, there might be an issue in the connection port still that could cause this issue. I personally don't own a elite series 2 controller so I'm not sure if this is an issue
    with yours specifically or weather it's a production issue. Either way, it may be a good idea to visit support.xbox.com/contact-us and since it's a recent purchase, the warranty on the controller would still be valid so you could go through that process. Hope
    this helped.
  3. NoFreeNameAvailable Win User

So are they going to fix those elite 2 controllers or not?

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-elite-controller-series-2-buyers-report-widespread-issues
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller issue, anyone else having this problem?

5. Doosh Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues - Part 2 - Why is Microsoft not addressing the problem? - Part 2

Has Microsoft resolved the production issues with the Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 with a hardware refresh?
  6. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
Thema:

1. Microphone issue with a elite series 2 controller - Similar Threads - Microphone issue elite

2. Microphone issue with Xbox Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone issue with Xbox Series S: Hi guys. Recently, I have been having microphone issues when using my Xbox Series S. I can hear all audio when using my console via the tv or my headset when its plugged in, however no one can...
  3. Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help: I got a steel series 3 Arctic headset brand new However those on Xbox hear me muffled but if they join the party on Xbox app on their phone I sound perfectly fine my controller isn’t a issue...
  4. microphone issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    microphone issue?: if i were to go on steam and call, i could talk to them through my mic. but if i dont that with the xbox game bar on my computer i cant talk in the call. what should i do...
  5. Microphone issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone issue.: I have the problem where ill be in party chat but my mic still talks in gamechat. Any suggestions on how to fix that? 68426e6b-4a4c-4a17-bd43-4f7238605377
  6. Xbox / xbox games pass android apps microphone issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox / xbox games pass android apps microphone issue: Hi, when using either of the Xbox apps on android to either remote play or xcloud stream on my phone and using either Bluetooth or wired headset/headphones, I have notice that when you create or...
  7. Microphone issue when plugging headset into 3.5mm, long RadioShack headphones extender cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone issue when plugging headset into 3.5mm, long RadioShack headphones extender cable: Not the best with wording so bear with me, please. I recently had to get a headphone extender cable since I had moved my laptop on top of my desk and made it go onto a monitor. I found a...
  8. Weird Microphone Issue?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Microphone Issue?!: I’m having some trouble with the microphone on my official Microsoft XBox headset. I can hear friends (and others) talking via the single-sided earpiece, but no one can hear my voice. I can...
  9. Series X Microphone Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Microphone Issues: Hi guys, I’m having regular but intermittent microphone dropouts on my Series X. I have a 3 month old pair of Astro A40 TR’s with the Mix Amp Pro which worked fine with my Xbox one. I have...
  10. TURTLE BEACH ELITE 800X microphone issue (FORTNITE & ROBLOX)

in XBoX on Consoles
    TURTLE BEACH ELITE 800X microphone issue (FORTNITE & ROBLOX): Hi I have 2 TURTLE BEACH elite 800X headsets, every time I try to use the microphone to speak in party mode I cannot be heard? Both headsets are perfect, the microphone's work, as I can hear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elite series 2 microphone