Microphone issue with Xbox Series S

Discus and support Microphone issue with Xbox Series S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi guys. Recently, I have been having microphone issues when using my Xbox Series S. I can hear all audio when using my console via the tv or my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by C0LEY24, Jan 14, 2022.

1. C0LEY24
    C0LEY24 Guest

Hi guys.

Recently, I have been having microphone issues when using my Xbox Series S.
    I can hear all audio when using my console via the tv or my headset when its plugged in, however no one can hear me, whether thats in game or on an xbox party. I bought a new mic thinking that was the issue but it wasnt. I have reset my console, reset my controller, checked all privacy settings but nothing has worked.
    I've also checked to see if the headset and mic work in my old xbox one and laptop, which it does, meaning there is something wrong with my controller and console. Does anyone know of anyone else having this sort of issue or any ways to help please? Would be much appreciated.

Cheers

:)

C0LEY24, Jan 14, 2022
  2. C0LEY24 Win User

I have reset the console on more than one occasion, choosing the 'keep games and date' option. I have also reset wifi, had controller plugged in via usb and turned console off from the mains, nothing seems to work.

My MIC is on and the console recognises its on, and my settings for communication are all either 'Allow' and 'Everybody'. I believe its done this since the last xbox update.
  3. C0LEY24 Win User

Hi Ricardo

Thanks for your help! I have used my xbox one controller on this console and i have the same issue. However when i used that console on the xbox one, it worked.

I also used my pc to start an xbox live party and it worked fine. Therefore, there must be an issue with the console. Its been like this for around a week now!
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi C0LEY24! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please try using the headset on a different controller, if this works means the controller jack it's not making contact with the Microphone part of the headset connector

If you can't try that test your profile by doing a party chat trough the Xbox app in Pc, if it works means you have a hardware issue between the controller and the headset and not a profile issue
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

The console can't avoid the Mic audio unless you change the Mic settings, but if you have done a factory reset on the console that settings must be reset unless you choose to recover settings at the end of the process, I would try again the factory reset
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Sure, Follow these steps to request the service:

Sign in to the Device service and repair page with your Microsoft account credentials.

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...

****If your device doesn't appear, add it

Select the device that you want repaired.

Follow the onscreen steps to complete your service order request
Thema:

1. Microphone issue with Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Microphone issue Series

2. Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset microphone issues muffled urgent help: I got a steel series 3 Arctic headset brand new However those on Xbox hear me muffled but if they join the party on Xbox app on their phone I sound perfectly fine my controller isn’t a issue...
  3. microphone issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    microphone issue?: if i were to go on steam and call, i could talk to them through my mic. but if i dont that with the xbox game bar on my computer i cant talk in the call. what should i do...
  4. Microphone issue.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone issue.: I have the problem where ill be in party chat but my mic still talks in gamechat. Any suggestions on how to fix that? 68426e6b-4a4c-4a17-bd43-4f7238605377
  5. Xbox / xbox games pass android apps microphone issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox / xbox games pass android apps microphone issue: Hi, when using either of the Xbox apps on android to either remote play or xcloud stream on my phone and using either Bluetooth or wired headset/headphones, I have notice that when you create or...
  6. Microphone issue when plugging headset into 3.5mm, long RadioShack headphones extender cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone issue when plugging headset into 3.5mm, long RadioShack headphones extender cable: Not the best with wording so bear with me, please. I recently had to get a headphone extender cable since I had moved my laptop on top of my desk and made it go onto a monitor. I found a...
  7. Weird Microphone Issue?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird Microphone Issue?!: I’m having some trouble with the microphone on my official Microsoft XBox headset. I can hear friends (and others) talking via the single-sided earpiece, but no one can hear my voice. I can...
  8. Series X Microphone Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Microphone Issues: Hi guys, I’m having regular but intermittent microphone dropouts on my Series X. I have a 3 month old pair of Astro A40 TR’s with the Mix Amp Pro which worked fine with my Xbox one. I have...
  9. Dual Microphone Issue Fornite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dual Microphone Issue Fornite: Hi, This could be an Epic issue. We have been able to play Fortnite with 2 headsets plugged in for some time. In recent times the connections have gone bad. Both headsets will play sounds but...
  10. Microphone issue with a elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone issue with a elite series 2 controller: Recently my microphone has stopped working in xbox parties using my second gen elite controller, I can still hear myself though the mic monitoring. I have unplugged and plugged the headset in,...