Microphone issues

Discus and support Microphone issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, my son loves fortnite and he lives with his mom an hour away. We try to get on a play an hour every morning during the quarantine, but most times i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SinisterSound83, May 22, 2020 at 9:42 PM.

1. Microphone issues

So, my son loves fortnite and he lives with his mom an hour away. We try to get on a play an hour every morning during the quarantine, but most times i can hear him but he cant hear me. On my screen it says my mic is working but on his my mic has a red
    x. Its not just a fortnite issue either. My mic works when it wants. Ive bought new controllers, new headset, and it happens no matter what. The only thing that fixes it is hard resetting the xbox and even that is a 50/50 shot.

I pay for xbox live and one of the most useful features (keeping me connected with my son) doesnt even worn right. Ive tried chat and calling but the website tells me those arent available for this issue? So youre telling me that my issue isnt important
    enough for those yet i pay the same monthly price for the service that isnt working correctly? Please someone help me out here.

Thanks.

:)

SinisterSound83, May 22, 2020 at 9:42 PM
  2. Drudge02 Win User

Mic issues

Hello,

Since you have tested the microphone on discord, then the issue might not be with the microphone. There is a chance it could be the connection port on the controller your using. It may be a good idea to use the microphone on a different controller, if you
    have one, and see if the issue persists.
  3. SinisterSound83 Win User

Microphone issues

Hello,

Very strange you say that this morning my xbox one headset that connects through the adapter of the bottom of the controller wont allow me to turn my mic off from mute. I’ve reset and updated my controller through the settings a bunch of times and it hasn’t
    worked. Yet it was working fine when I first turned it on this morning. I’m at the point wondering if this an Xbox issue or if my xbox, controller, or adapter has dropped the ball and I need new ones. I have the original Xbox One model and wouldn’t be surprised
    since I’ve had it for 6-7 years. Let me know if you have any solutions or updates on this issue.
    Yeah im not sure what is going on but it all worked fine 3 weeks ago, and literally nothing has changed. I will keep this updated for you.
  4. harndog29 Win User

Microphone issues

Hello,

Very strange you say that this morning my xbox one headset that connects through the adapter of the bottom of the controller wont allow me to turn my mic off from mute. I’ve reset and updated my controller through the settings a bunch of times and it hasn’t
    worked. Yet it was working fine when I first turned it on this morning. I’m at the point wondering if this an Xbox issue or if my xbox, controller, or adapter has dropped the ball and I need new ones. I have the original Xbox One model and wouldn’t be surprised
    since I’ve had it for 6-7 years. Let me know if you have any solutions or updates on this issue.
  5. SpliffOut Win User

Microphone Issues

Same here can hear but cant talk its not my nat so dont say that fix itttttt
  6. Azztechdude Win User

Microphone issue

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. As you seem to be in the Insiders program I would recommend you hold the Guide button on the controller till you see the option Report a Problem to report it directly to the devs. You should also head over to https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/
    and see if others are experiencing the same issue
    I don't believe i am apart of the insider program.
Thema:

Microphone issues

1. Microphone issues - Similar Threads - Microphone issues

2. Xbox microphone issues part 3

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox microphone issues part 3: Hello again, An Xbox moderator has closed down my question as he said there was an answer, but there was no solution to my problem. I will continue asking for help until I get my money’s worth...
  3. Xbox microphone issues continued

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox microphone issues continued: Hello everyone, i am outraged at the fact that I have had this issue for over three years now, and after contacting so many people over this issue to no avail, i have no other solutions. I cannot...
  4. Xbox live microphone issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live microphone issue: Hello My son is trying to use his phone as his microphone in a party, he plays on the Xbox one, and connects his iphone through xbox app, he can join the party, the microphone says its working...
  5. microphone issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    microphone issues: when I want to record on my computer why it say your privacy settings are blocking your microphone? and when I go to setting my other apps might using the microphone. but there are no apps is...
  6. Tried everything to fix microphone issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tried everything to fix microphone issues: Hello, I have been having an issue with my wired headphones for my Xbox for over three years now. I am able to hear everybody in the chat clearly, but nobody can hear me. I have tested this with...
  7. Microphone Issues (New hardware, still not working)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone Issues (New hardware, still not working): Hey gang, I have been having issues with my Microsoft Headset, primarily with the microphone. I can hear those in my party no problem. The output is good. My microphone is not registering my...
  8. Microphone issue with a elite series 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone issue with a elite series 2 controller: Recently my microphone has stopped working in xbox parties using my second gen elite controller, I can still hear myself though the mic monitoring. I have unplugged and plugged the headset in,...
  9. (Unable to find Microphones for these people) Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Unable to find Microphones for these people) Issue: So I had come home from walmart getting a new headset because my old one had broken, and came home to it not working at all. I tried a regular headset, my new one, and earbuds, and none worked....
  10. Microphone issue while recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone issue while recording: Hello, When I start a recording, my microphone is disabled by default and I do not find in the settings an option to activate it by default. Is there a solution? Thanks....