Microphone Monitoring

Discus and support Microphone Monitoring in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Do you have an XB1? Do you use a headset? Are you one of the many that can't hear their own voice through the headset whilst playing/chat? Do you... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pleasure Master, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Microphone Monitoring

Do you have an XB1?

Do you use a headset?

Are you one of the many that can't hear their own voice through the headset whilst playing/chat?

Do you find yourself yelling at your buddies whilst playing/chatting?

The phenomena that we are missing from the XB1 is called 'Side Tone' or Mic monitoring,

Mic monitoring allows you to hear your own voice at the same level as that of your buddies.

"So how do we make that happen?" I hear you ask,

Easy, just click on the link below and vote!

Xbox Ideas, powered by UserVoice

:)

Pleasure Master, Jun 10, 2014
  2. AwesomeRens
    AwesomeRens Guest
    Mic Monitor for new XB1 Headsets

Got my XO Sevens a few days ago, and i love it so much. But theres no mic monitoring and it's driving me crazy. it makes me yell in the mic all the time. I really need to have mic monitoring, and i'm pretty sure they can do it trough an update since the
    headset adapter is going into the controller. Please microsoft, get us this option. =(

For everyone else that want to have this, vote on it here.

xbox.uservoice.com/.../6360704-microphone-monitoring

xbox.uservoice.com/.../6037115-mic-monitoring-surround-sound-update-for-headset-a

AwesomeRens, Jun 10, 2014
  3. The1337gamer
    The1337gamer Guest
    Questions about headsets.

Was just reading some more about the X12's, there is a thing called microphone monitoring where you can hear yourself speaking, can this be turned off because i don't really like hearing my own voice?

Also read that the can be microphone quite sensitive, do they pick background noise and breathing often? Can you adjust it's sensitivity?

The1337gamer, Jun 10, 2014
  4. Eden0032
    Eden0032 Guest

Microphone Monitoring

Hi there Pleasure Master,

Unfortunately, this is not the correct place to post things like this, and when a Mod sees this, it will most likely get deleted.

Thanks,

Eden0032, Jun 11, 2014
  5. Eden0032 Win User

Microphone Monitoring

Hi there Pleasure Master,

Unfortunately, this is not the correct place to post things like this, and when a Mod sees this, it will most likely get deleted.

Thanks,

6. KaiyoOrganiz Win User

Still think the kinect wont spy on you?

I'd rather get spied on by the device aka Xbox One without a camera, microphone, and heartbeat monitor aka the Kinect. Just sayin.
  7. matthewiag Win User

Microphone Sensitivity

Hello

Xbox does not support microphone sensitivity, microphone just run at there defaul sensitivity.

I am using an Astro A40 with Mix Amp Pro and you can edit the Sensitivity, Mic Monitoring and Audio Profiles on the PC and they carry over to the console.
  8. AwesomeRens Win User

Mic Monitor for new XB1 Headsets

Got my XO Sevens a few days ago, and i love it so much. But theres no mic monitoring and it's driving me crazy. it makes me yell in the mic all the time. I really need to have mic monitoring, and i'm pretty sure they can do it trough an update since the
    headset adapter is going into the controller. Please microsoft, get us this option. =(

For everyone else that want to have this, vote on it here.

xbox.uservoice.com/.../6360704-microphone-monitoring

xbox.uservoice.com/.../6037115-mic-monitoring-surround-sound-update-for-headset-a
  9. AlessiaPace Win User

Microphone very quiet

You should check the levels of your microphone from the console.

1. With your headset attached, press the glowing “Xbox” button
    2. Navigate to the “System” tab
    3. Select “Audio”
    4. Adjust the “Mic monitoring” option
    5. Slide the bar left to decrease the microphone volume level
    6. Slide the bar right to increase the microphone volume level
    Hope this helps! :)
Thema:

Microphone Monitoring

1. Microphone Monitoring - Similar Threads - Microphone Monitoring

2. Using a webcam microphone for chatting in an Xbox party?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using a webcam microphone for chatting in an Xbox party?: I have a USB webcam connected to my Xbox which works fine with Skype but I can't get the microphone to work when setting up a party. How do i get the microphone to work with a party? A friend of...
  3. Is their a wireless microphone (not headphone or ear piece) for Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is their a wireless microphone (not headphone or ear piece) for Xbox one?: Can anyone tell me if their is a wireless microphone, I can use for Rock Band 4 for my xbox one? Not a headset. Either a strianght "no", if "yes" can you please tell me brand and model? TY...
  4. Audio on microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio on microphone: Hello I’ve changed my microphone, my controller, my xbox(whit all the cables) my tv, and even my wifi and my audio on every single microphone I use is still lagging. Explanations please?...
  5. Xbox Game Bar microphone "lighted up" forever but no one can hear me.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar microphone "lighted up" forever but no one can hear me.: I always used other apps to talk to people while I'm playing games, but I used the Game Bar groups in the past it worked fine. Yesterday I tried to create a group to talk to a friend and this is...
  6. USB microphone not working on Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB microphone not working on Xbox one: Hi I am using an USB microphone in order to play rocksmith 2014 but when I try playing microphone mode it says my microphone does not work and when I try talking to someone in my party using the...
  7. Using an XLR Microphone on Xbox game chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using an XLR Microphone on Xbox game chat.: So I am using an XLR microphone, connected to a Focusrite, connected to my PC. I am able to talk in parties and hear the game chat by using the streaming feature using the Xbox companion app. The...
  8. XLR Microphone on Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    XLR Microphone on Xbox: So I am using an XLR microphone, connected to a Focusrite, connected to my PC. I am able to talk in parties and hear the game chat by using the streaming feature using the Xbox companion app. The...
  9. Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App: I'm having an issue where pressing Shift + F will enable listening to my own mic. I think its tied to Xbox Beta or Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10, but I can't find the setting to disable it....
  10. Microphone monitoring, headset Audio option

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone monitoring, headset Audio option: The chat mixer sliders and microphone monitoring (Audio option) don't show up in the settings tab between Settings and Xbox Assist of the guide when headsets are plugged in. The controller is...