Microphone mute icon - headset not working

Discus and support Microphone mute icon - headset not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have the microphone muted icon on home screen of Xbox one s console and no troubleshooting solutions are working, my headset will not work (even... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JKMINISALAH, Aug 2, 2019.

1. JKMINISALAH
    JKMINISALAH Guest

Hi I have the microphone muted icon on home screen of Xbox one s console and no troubleshooting solutions are working, my headset will not work (even though it works on iPad/iphone etc) and I feel like I have tried everything and even bought new headset
    which also does not work. The audio/microphone option on the menu is not there either like it states on other forums as a solution to try - please help!

:)

JKMINISALAH, Aug 2, 2019
  2. Spazpol Win User

headset

What type of headset? Is it a microsoft branded or 3rd party. That icon means the microphone is on mute.
  3. SheilaRH Win User

Microphone with a line through it icon

would this still be the correct fix even if the muted microphone icon is showing no matter if there is a headset plugged into the controller or not? This icon stays on the screen when I plug any headset into the controller and when no headset at all is plugged
    in. Thanks
  4. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello JKMINISALAH,

Thank you for replying back and thank you for letting us know that you have Contacted Support and that they have informed you about a solution for the issue. At this time we will be locking this thread as there are no other resolutions for this issue.

If within the next few days you receive the update and it doesn't resolve the issue or If you simply have any other questions or concerns please feel free to create a new thread and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  5. XBF Ruben D Win User

Hello JKMINISALAH,

Thank you for posting on Xbox Forums. In regards to this issue, if your console is not detecting the headset, then the 3.5mm headphone jack may not be operating as it should. However, I would still try these steps in this support article for

Troubleshoot Xbox One Headset

I would also recommend trying to
    Update the Controller
    as another viable troubleshooting option. I understand that you've tried another headset with the controller, if these steps do not resolve the issue you may need to replace the controller or purchase a headset adapter for the controller
    to replace the 3.5mm headphone jack on the controller.

If you have any other questions please feel free to reply back letting us know. Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
  6. JKMINISALAH Win User

Hi thank you for responding.

Yeah i had tried those solutions already too, however Microsoft have replied to me also just now and advised that there was an xbox update recently which has affected a lot of consoles and the fix is in the next update which is due in a couple of days. Hopefully
    this issue will then be resolved for me.

Again thank you for your prompt response.

Kind regards
Thema:

1. Microphone mute icon - headset not working - Similar Threads - Microphone mute icon

2. Xbox One S microphone icon stuck on mute

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S microphone icon stuck on mute: At the beginning of June this year I noticed my Kotion Each G1000 headset and xbox headset adapter was no longer producing sound. A week earlier i was playing Sea of Thieves with my brother having...
  3. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains. c69204be-bae1-4881-8adf-b6896ddbbd35
  4. Xbox One S - Microphone Icon Always Muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Microphone Icon Always Muted: Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted my headset has stopped working, both in terms of the microphone and the earphones. I have swapped the headset out for another two other headsets, and...
  5. Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted: Hi, I've seen other threads where this issue has come up but i can't find a solution....
  6. Xbox one - microphone icon always muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one - microphone icon always muted: Yesterday the headset/Microphone stopped working. There is new microphone icon which shows it as muted. Cannot find a way to enable this. I have tried the suggestions on other posts with the same...
  7. Microphone icon (top right of screen) is constantly muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone icon (top right of screen) is constantly muted: I bought an xbox one s in May 2018 for my son, have only just allowed him to use a headset to talk to friends on Fortnite except it worked for a limited time and now shows as muted. I have spent a...
  8. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Hi, I have seen a couple of old threads with similar content to this but having read through them I still can't find a resolution despite this being quite a commonly reported problem, so I...
  9. Re: XBoxOne, microphone headsets, mute icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Re: XBoxOne, microphone headsets, mute icon: We can't get the mute icon to go away, we've tried everything...new headphones, new controllers. I've tested the headphones and they are working fine on other devices. Searching, I see this is a...
  10. Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Microphone Icon Always Muted: Hello Following a recent update my headset has stopped working, both in terms of the microphone and the earphones. I have swopped the headset out for another two other headsets, and indeed...