Microphone not available for parties on Xbox 1s

Discus and support Microphone not available for parties on Xbox 1s in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have been experiencing problems with my microphone not working through my headsets when i connect to parties. The Microphone icon on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fd_184, Sep 3, 2019.

1. fd_184
    fd_184 Guest

Hi Guys,

I have been experiencing problems with my microphone not working through my headsets when i connect to parties. The Microphone icon on the home is crossed out and the volume setting in the Kinetics and accessories menu is grayed out. I have tried all menus,
    NAT settings, Router settings etc. nothing works.

Can anyone help?

:)

fd_184, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Try powercycling your console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down. While it's off unplug your kinect then plug it back in before powering back on.

If that doesn't work then you may need to try a factory reset. There is an option to keep installed games and apps and your saves will be safe on the Cloud. You can read how to do a reset via this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

If you're not using a Kinect but just a headset and you're still having trouble using the mic in chat please try these steps to see if one of them helps.

1. Mute then unmute other people in your party

2. Have other people in the party mute than unmute you

3. Power cycle the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds till it shuts down.

4. Delete your gamertag, powercycle the console again then redownload your gamertag

If you still have trouble with the headset you can try the steps at this link https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

I also wanted to mention that perhaps it is an issue with the jack itself. You could try getting a headset adapter for the controller. I use one exclusively and have never had an issue as the adapter is more stable than the jack.
  3. Dazee041 Win User

Ark Survival Evolved Bundle with the new Diskless Xbox

I too agree that Arc Survival should be available on the new xbox 1S
  4. Pokepunch Win User

Windows 10 Xbox One Streaming microphone not detected?

That generic support doesn't really apply here. The problem is with a PC microphone, not an Xbox One microphone. The Xbox App on PC detects the mic and it works if I start a party via the app, but it doesn't work in any capacity on the Xbox One for parties
    or game chat.
  5. smileskybird Win User

Slow Xbox one OS

You are not alone with this. I did a comparison video between 360s and 1s OS last year on my youtube channel. Why i like the xbox 360 UI parts 1 and 2. Its like the console has windows vista on it. Everyone knows vista was a horrible OS. when windows 10
    rolls out this year they may update the UI. I was in a party with one of my friends shes 10 yesterday how do i get out of this party? Having party issues reported by others ages to load friends messages and achievements. And having to hard reset. Xbox 1s hardware
    is capable of multitasking. Dashboard freezes are a result of the software not hardware. Xbox 1s hardware has more potential than software that requires you to reset it.
  6. medium bloke Win User

Mic appears to be stuck on mute.

Hi, in party there is a setting to mute your microphone, if that is pressed it mutes your microphone without turning the light on the headset on.

Check in your party settings to see if your microphone is muted. If this works for you or if you need more help, post a reply! :)
Thema:

1. Microphone not available for parties on Xbox 1s - Similar Threads - Microphone available parties

2. Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working: I purchased a Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset to use with my Xbox One S a few weeks ago. When I first got it it worked fine, but then recently there is no microphone able to work on the Xbox. I...
  3. (Unable to find Microphones for these people) Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Unable to find Microphones for these people) Issue: So I had come home from walmart getting a new headset because my old one had broken, and came home to it not working at all. I tried a regular headset, my new one, and earbuds, and none worked....
  4. Microphone issue while recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone issue while recording: Hello, When I start a recording, my microphone is disabled by default and I do not find in the settings an option to activate it by default. Is there a solution? Thanks....
  5. Включение и отключение микрофона по кнопке мышки[Turning the microphone on and off with the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Включение и отключение микрофона по кнопке мышки[Turning the microphone on and off with the...: Добрый день! У меня такая проблема - выполняю запись клипа через икс бокс двр и не могу выполнить настройку что бы микрофон включался и отключался по клавише мышки (колесико) - что бы это...
  6. Fone de ouvido com microfone separado [Translation - Headset with separate microphone]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fone de ouvido com microfone separado [Translation - Headset with separate microphone]: Tenho um fone de ouvido (sem microfone) e tenho adaptador estéreo para fones do Xbox ,Se eu comprar um microfone de lapela e usar um adaptador de p2 para p3, consigo usar o fone e o microfone ao...
  7. Microphone not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working.: This is a common issue with a lot of players, but I don’t think I’ve seen this problem specifically. My microphone does not work on my headset, but the audio on my headset does. I have tried all...
  8. Microphone send ugly noise all the time

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone send ugly noise all the time: Hallo, I have a problem with my Xbox app (console companion) in Windows 10. When I want to use the headset the microphohne send an ugly and loud sound all the time, eaven if I turn of or...
  9. Microphone not working. Muted icon.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working. Muted icon.: i have 2 controllers and 3 microphones headsets. When i plug in the headset, you cant hear anything. When you go into the party chat, it shows that they cant find a microphone for these people....
  10. My voice won't record via headset when capturing from console on laptop; headset microphone...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My voice won't record via headset when capturing from console on laptop; headset microphone...: I'm trying to capture video from xbox one on my laptop. Using a headset to the controller, playing on xbox, recording on laptap. My voice from microphone/headset is not recording. The same headset...