Microphone not working. Muted icon.

Discus and support Microphone not working. Muted icon. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have 2 controllers and 3 microphones headsets. When i plug in the headset, you cant hear anything. When you go into the party chat, it shows that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by James1608, Sep 28, 2019.

1. James1608
    James1608 Guest

i have 2 controllers and 3 microphones headsets. When i plug in the headset, you cant hear anything. When you go into the party chat, it shows that they cant find a microphone for these people. Like it isnt even plugged up. I also noticed that there is
    a muted icon in the top right corner of the home screen next to the battery. Please help! I have done a reset on the console also.

:)

James1608, Sep 28, 2019
  2. MOVxMarine Win User

Hi James1608,

a very good reason that it may have issues is that the headset is not muted by checking the mute button on the headset controls. Increase the audio by going to Settings>Device & Accessories
    and select your controller to adjust audio settings. Use a different controller or headset to check for any malfunction on the hardware be recognized might have to do with the actual headset.
  3. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there James1608,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a question with connecting a headset to the Xbox Console.
    I recommend trying the following articles:

If the problem persists:

• Try your Headset with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controller again.
    • Try using a Headset Adapter for compatibility issues.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  5. Spazpol Win User

headset

What type of headset? Is it a microsoft branded or 3rd party. That icon means the microphone is on mute.
  6. XBF Ruben D Win User

Microphone mute icon - headset not working

Hello JKMINISALAH,

Thank you for replying back and thank you for letting us know that you have Contacted Support and that they have informed you about a solution for the issue. At this time we will be locking this thread as there are no other resolutions for this issue.

If within the next few days you receive the update and it doesn't resolve the issue or If you simply have any other questions or concerns please feel free to create a new thread and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Thank you again for posting on Xbox Forums.
Thema:

1. Microphone not working. Muted icon. - Similar Threads - Microphone working Muted

2. Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working: I purchased a Turtle Beach Recon 70 headset to use with my Xbox One S a few weeks ago. When I first got it it worked fine, but then recently there is no microphone able to work on the Xbox. I...
  3. Microphone not working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working.: This is a common issue with a lot of players, but I don’t think I’ve seen this problem specifically. My microphone does not work on my headset, but the audio on my headset does. I have tried all...
  4. Microphone isn't working. Trust GXT383 Dion 7.1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone isn't working. Trust GXT383 Dion 7.1: Hello. I have headset Trust GXT383 Dion 7.1 Bass Vibration https://www.trust.com/en/product/22055-gxt-383-dion-7-1-bass-vibration-headset When I connected the headset to PC, headphones and mic was...
  5. Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord: Hello, i have an issue with Gears 5 on PC for steam where it causes my mic to stop working in discord, i can still hear everyone but they cant hear me, the only way to fix this it seems, and its...
  6. Game bar windows 10 audio not working correctly if i record my microphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar windows 10 audio not working correctly if i record my microphone.: Hello i have been experiencing a lot of issues with game bar audio. And today i discovered that if i don't record my mic the audio is fine but if i record my mic the audio (only game and other...
  7. Microphone headset not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microphone headset not working: Help, my sons headset has just stopped working. I have plugged it in to other devices and it works perfectly, put back on the xbox and nothing. He is getting quite frustrated as i cant seem to fix...
  8. Microphone mute icon - headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone mute icon - headset not working: Hi I have the microphone muted icon on home screen of Xbox one s console and no troubleshooting solutions are working, my headset will not work (even though it works on iPad/iphone etc) and I feel...
  9. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains. c69204be-bae1-4881-8adf-b6896ddbbd35
  10. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Hi, I have seen a couple of old threads with similar content to this but having read through them I still can't find a resolution despite this being quite a commonly reported problem, so I...