Microphone not working.

Discus and support Microphone not working. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is a common issue with a lot of players, but I don’t think I’ve seen this problem specifically. My microphone does not work on my headset, but the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JayGamingSlayer, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Microphone not working.

This is a common issue with a lot of players, but I don’t think I’ve seen this problem specifically. My microphone does not work on my headset, but the audio on my headset does. I have tried all steps to fix this problem on the help section on the site,
    but none of them have solved the problem. I connect this to a wired controller, since the headset does not work at all on a wireless (that I have used), and it still did not work. I bought a new wireless controller to try to fix this. Nothing works. Also,
    I know the wired controller should be able to work (or used to) with headsets before, using it for the same reason I would now... if it actually worked. I have also tried different kinds of headsets. 2 turtlebeaches, an astro, and now an afterglow lvl 3. Had
    this problem for a couple months, and the problem with the headsets not working on WIRELESS headsets for over a year.

:)

JayGamingSlayer, Oct 6, 2019
  2. DanMen334 Win User

Gaming headset, xbox controller, pc, mic volume low

try to use the microphone with a mobile phone to verify what is the microphone, if it works it may be the control input that does not work
  3. Tarnend Win User

Microphone not working.

have you tried the headsets and controllers on another xbox if you have access to one?

also have you tried creating a new xbox profile just as a test and see if they work on the new profile to see if its something profile specific as i assume that this is just about the only thing that has stayed the same throughout apart from the same console
    too?
  4. Miss Bijoux Win User

Microphone Not Working

Hey there -

Do you have another Xbox One controller that you can test your microphone on? And what, exactly, is the issue you are experiencing with your microphone? Are you having issues hearing others, speaking, etc?

The more details we have the better :)
  5. Alpha Soulneed Win User

microphones not working

Hello! try this: Connect your headset on your controller, connect your control via micro usb cable to your console, go to "settings", "kinect and devices", "Devices and accessories", select your controller and apply an update keeping the headset connected
    to the controller
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

microphones not working

Hello there,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. What type of headsets are you using? Do they work on other devices? Also, how many controllers have you tested those headsets on?

Aside from that, check your NAT type in your network settings. If its on anything besides "Open", then that would be affecting your ability to chat in game and in party chat.
Thema:

Microphone not working.

1. Microphone not working. - Similar Threads - Microphone working

2. Microphone not working. Muted icon.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working. Muted icon.: i have 2 controllers and 3 microphones headsets. When i plug in the headset, you cant hear anything. When you go into the party chat, it shows that they cant find a microphone for these people....
  3. Microphone isn't working. Trust GXT383 Dion 7.1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone isn't working. Trust GXT383 Dion 7.1: Hello. I have headset Trust GXT383 Dion 7.1 Bass Vibration https://www.trust.com/en/product/22055-gxt-383-dion-7-1-bass-vibration-headset When I connected the headset to PC, headphones and mic was...
  4. Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 causing headset microphone to stop working in Discord: Hello, i have an issue with Gears 5 on PC for steam where it causes my mic to stop working in discord, i can still hear everyone but they cant hear me, the only way to fix this it seems, and its...
  5. Game bar windows 10 audio not working correctly if i record my microphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Game bar windows 10 audio not working correctly if i record my microphone.: Hello i have been experiencing a lot of issues with game bar audio. And today i discovered that if i don't record my mic the audio is fine but if i record my mic the audio (only game and other...
  6. Microphone headset not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microphone headset not working: Help, my sons headset has just stopped working. I have plugged it in to other devices and it works perfectly, put back on the xbox and nothing. He is getting quite frustrated as i cant seem to fix...
  7. Headset - Microphone not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset - Microphone not working: My son is on his 3rd headset in less then 9 months. He can hear everybody but nobody can hear him when he talks and his microphone doesn't show him talking in the game. We get a new mic and it...
  8. Is there any Usb microphone works on Xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any Usb microphone works on Xbox one s?: I want to get into streaming but not wake up my neighbours with my insisting shouting as I am partially deaf. and would like to know which USB streaming microphones that would work for my xbox....
  9. Microphone mute icon - headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone mute icon - headset not working: Hi I have the microphone muted icon on home screen of Xbox one s console and no troubleshooting solutions are working, my headset will not work (even though it works on iPad/iphone etc) and I feel...
  10. Microphone doesn’t work on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone doesn’t work on Xbox One S: Hi all. Long post here, so apologies. I bought an Xbox One S just before Christmas 2018. I had a 360 for some time but didn’t pursue the One when my friends did. I missed the old days of gaming,...