Microphone only picks up noise when changing between mute and unmute

Discus and support Microphone only picks up noise when changing between mute and unmute in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My issue seems to be a unique one as I've not seen an answer anywhere... For reference, headset is a Logitek HCP4 Stereo Gaming Headset. On an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlistairGP, Mar 26, 2020.

1. AlistairGP
    AlistairGP Guest

Hi,

My issue seems to be a unique one as I've not seen an answer anywhere...

For reference, headset is a Logitek HCP4 Stereo Gaming Headset. On an Xbox One S.

My microphone only works when I flick the mute control on the headset itself between 'on' and 'off'. When I do this it works for about a second, but literally only records the sound of the 'thud' of the switch going on and off. It doesn't pick my voice up
    at all.

I thought the headset was just broken (and it might be) but I exchanged the 'broken' one for a brand new one and had the exact same issue. So assumed some setting on my Xbox was incorrect.

Any help would be much appreciated, when I contact support I'm referred to the same trouble shooting article every time and none of it has resolved the issue.

Thanks!

:)

AlistairGP, Mar 26, 2020
  2. AlistairGP Win User

May have to get another, but surely the headset wouldn't be on sale if this issue was there for everyone. Logitek support is non-existent too lol.
  3. Zero420override Win User

Its sounds as if you might have a loose wire or connection in your adapter (im guessing you're not using wireless headphones) I had this issue once. I went out got a new adapter to plug into my controller for my headset and like magic it worked. Cheaper
    than buy new turtle beaches.
  4. AlistairGP Win User

I've tried updating both with and without the headset plugged in, neither made a difference unfortuantely
  5. AlistairGP Win User

Thanks, but I don't use an adapter, they plug straight into the controller. Am I being stupid and I need an adapter??
  6. planetchampion Win User

I would try updating the controller with the xbox or I would try to buy another headset if you dont want to deal with the headset
Thema:

1. Microphone only picks up noise when changing between mute and unmute - Similar Threads - Microphone picks noise

2. Microphone on/off shortcut not working in Gamebar

in XboX Insiders
    Microphone on/off shortcut not working in Gamebar: Exactly what the title says friends, all my other shortcuts work just fine except for the microphone on/off, I've tried every fix I can think of, I've reset the app, made sure it was updated....
  3. Microphone only picking up loud noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone only picking up loud noise: So yesterday i was having some problems with my wire that i put into the controller so it works so i changed it then my mic started only picking up loud noises like when i was shouting. I changed...
  4. No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices.: Hi guys, Really appreciate some help here. I have a Turtle beach ca amp pro with headset. Everything set up and working as it should for 12 months. Until today, I have plugged a microphone into...
  5. DVR isn't picking up audio input from my microphone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DVR isn't picking up audio input from my microphone: I'm using the windows 10 xbox DVR to record gameplay. While it records other output voices it does not record input voices on the dvr such as my own. Is this a bug or are you just not allowed to...
  6. Xbox one microphone picks up audio not voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one microphone picks up audio not voice: So i used the skype voice chat and tryed to speak nothing happened. Then i would use the dpad to make that sound that you hear on the xbox menu when you move and it picks it up! I tryed my other...
  7. Xbox One microphone picks up xbox audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One microphone picks up xbox audio: So i used the skype voice chat and tryed to speak nothing happened. Then i would use the dpad to make that sound that you hear on the xbox menu when you move and it picks it up! I tryed my other...
  8. turtle beach microphone isn't picked up in party/game

in XBoX on Consoles
    turtle beach microphone isn't picked up in party/game: I was mid raid in Destiny when my mic stopped picking up my voice. I have Turtle Beach PX22's. I have tried their troubleshooting methods and nothing. I have tried microsoft's troubleshooting...
  9. XBOX ONE NOT PICKING UP VOICE THROUGH MICROPHONE (PARTY, MULTIPLAYER, VOICE MESSAGING OR SKYPE)

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX ONE NOT PICKING UP VOICE THROUGH MICROPHONE (PARTY, MULTIPLAYER, VOICE MESSAGING OR SKYPE): Hi, Recently I purchased the 1TB xbox which includes the new controllers that don't require a headset adapter. Everything worked fine for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I joined a party with...
  10. Ki nect microphones not picking up voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ki nect microphones not picking up voice: So my kinect works fine with voice commands meaning it picks up all voice commands but when in a party or voice chat the other person cannot hear me . Did kinect video chat and video was fine but...