Microphone that aint a Headset

Discus and support Microphone that aint a Headset in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi, I used Kinect as a microphone (never really played the games so that wasn't a miss) rather than having to wear uncomfortable headsets which was the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Remarkable_Seaweed51, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Microphone that aint a Headset

Hi, I used Kinect as a microphone (never really played the games so that wasn't a miss) rather than having to wear uncomfortable headsets which was the dream.. ive noticed that there is no microphone setting that enables non headset hardware. I know they now don't support kinect games and the hardware but they should have left it where it can at least be used as a microphone like its predecessor could. by yourself, I feel only having headsets as microphones on the new console is a bit outdated. Bring back USB style microphones in a future update

submitted by /u/Remarkable_Seaweed51
    [link] [comments]

/u/Remarkable_Seaweed51, Mar 5, 2021
  2. maxen Win User

Sony MDR-IRBT Headphones

Is the microphone for this headset in-line (on the actual headset cable)? I know for other headsets this means the microphone won't work for the Xbox One.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Icon Muted

Do you have a headset where this worked before? Or did you change headsets and since then the Microphone is muted?

There are two types of 3.5mm headphone jacks called OMTP and CTIA. On both standards, the microphone connector is switched with the ground connector. So if you have an OMTP headset, the controller is listening for a microphone on the ground connector, while
    the microphone sends signals to the controller ground.
  4. LushUnicorn09 Win User

Muted headset symbol on xbox One S

Sir Lancealot 83.

The microphone is muted, not the headset.

The headset and microphone works on another xbox and controller.

I have tried it on 2 controllers on the bone that is muted.
  5. Jurgen1488 Win User

Mute symbol showing on scrren

Striped microphone means you do not have a microphone connected. If you do not have a compatible Xbox headset. You will find out on the headset pack.
  6. DrifterX22 Win User

Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:

When I look up the Plantronics RIG 100HX it is a gaming headset not just a microphone so it is picking up that you plugged in a headset and making an adjustment.

Are you plugging in a gaming headset and only wanting the microphone to work on it?
Thema:

Microphone that aint a Headset

1. Microphone that aint a Headset - Similar Threads - Microphone aint Headset

2. Please. PLEASE!! Can we get USB microphone support on the Xbox Series X. Please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please. PLEASE!! Can we get USB microphone support on the Xbox Series X. Please.: How is it that 2+ years ago Turtle Beach had a USB Mic that worked but no other since does? We can plug in webcams, keyboards and mice but not microphones? Why? Please make this happen. How hard...
  3. I would really love some utilities to test and troubleshoot a headset and microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    I would really love some utilities to test and troubleshoot a headset and microphone: A friend and I have been playing multiplayer with Halo, Outriders, etc for the last few months, and when we started we had occasional play sessions where we had zero voice chat functionality. Then...
  4. How do you turn up the microphone volume on xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do you turn up the microphone volume on xbox?: My friends recently have been telling me that my mic volume is low, and I cant seem to find a setting that turns the volume up. Is there even one? dc1ca397-b26d-4643-a3a7-8de6cc31ff3e
  5. Will a USB Microphone work on an Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will a USB Microphone work on an Xbox One S: I was wondering whether a UB microphone will work on an Xbox One S and it would be really useful as you can find many mic's very cheap and to be honest, I'm not a big fan of headsets in general,...
  6. microphone issue?

in XBoX on Windows
    microphone issue?: if i were to go on steam and call, i could talk to them through my mic. but if i dont that with the xbox game bar on my computer i cant talk in the call. what should i do...
  7. Xbox Companion app microphone strangeness.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Companion app microphone strangeness.: I have been play COD Warzone through this app and the microphone does not work. I have made sure the app has the permissions, the microphone I want is set as default and the symbol appears saying...
  8. Microphone on Xbox Beta App PC is way too sensitive

in XBoX on Windows
    Microphone on Xbox Beta App PC is way too sensitive: My microphone when in an xbox chat on the PC app is so sensitive it will pick up keyboard presses, mouse clicks and any other background noise and evidently is very annoying for anyone in the...
  9. Microphone not working

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microphone not working: My controller randomly turned off and now my mics audio isn't working people can hear me, all the settings are good my volume is maxed and my controller is updated and wired I restarted and turned...
  10. Microphone problems on Twitch app (Xbox One)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microphone problems on Twitch app (Xbox One): I never had problems to stream directly from Twitch app on Xbox One, since today. I tried everything, but I can't seem to understand why it stopped working. The app reads the microphone of my...