Microphone that works with Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter?

Discus and support Microphone that works with Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My current setup, I have my Astro Gaming Mixamp Pro connected to the optical port to my Xbox One and I have a headset (with no mic) connected to that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fearless-1F50A7FD-6745-4989-8E90-182DB1C32CAA, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Microphone that works with Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter?

My current setup, I have my Astro Gaming Mixamp Pro connected to the optical port to my Xbox One and I have a headset (with no mic) connected to that for a more immersive experience when I play. Which this I have no problems with. But I've been trying
    to find a way to also connect a mic when I play, but I haven't found a solution to this yet. I tried buying a cheap microphone and the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, but that didn't work for me. Does anyone have any solutions for me in order to make this
    work? Is a microphone suppose to work with the Stereo Headset Adapter or do you have to have a headset connected to it? And I don't want to use the Kinect as my microphone because the quality isn't as good.

:)

Fearless-1F50A7FD-6745-4989-8E90-182DB1C32CAA, Jul 30, 2014
  2. Darrel_21
    Darrel_21 Guest
    Microsoft Xbox One Chat Headset Microphone Stops Working

Hello,

This summer we have had 3 Microsoft Xbox One chat headset microphones stop working and 1 Microsoft Xbox One Stereo headset microphone stop working.

I have tried multiple Xbox One controllers and separate Xbox One console to verify the microphone no longer works.

Is there some known issue of how these headsets need to be plugged in or unplugged from the controller that could be zapping the microphone? Do we have to have the controller turned on or off before inserting the plug into the controller?

This just seems ridiculous that we keep loosing the microphone capability of these headsets.

Darrel_21, Jul 30, 2014
  3. XBOX ONE Stereo Headset & Headset Adapter First Impressions Review

The XBOX ONE Stereo Headset is a great sounding headset, others may look the other way when they find out its not a Virtual 7.1 like the new Sony PULSE Gold Headset for the PS4 and is just Stereo sound, well I own both headsets and I have concluded the XBOX
    ONE Stereo Headset Audio Quality is superior to the PS4 PULSE Gold Headset and it works great with my PS4 and any device that uses a 3.5mm audio jack.

How about the microphone you ask? The XBOX ONE Stereo headset uses a boom style microphone unlike the hidden microphone used on the PS4 PULSE Gold Headset, this results in far superior microphone sound quality for the XBOX ONE Stereo headset, and I dare
    say its possibly one of the best gaming microphones I have ever used.

The Stereo Headset Adapter will also be sold separately for $24.99USD but is included in this XBOX ONE Stereo headset. The Stereo Headset Adapter lets you adjust the game volume and chat volume separately letting the user set their ideal setting.

!!Warning!! Until March 4, 2014 the XBOX ONE Stereo Headset will be useless until the March Update for the XBOX ONE is released, if you plug it in now you will hear audio but after a few minutes the audio will become static. If you are one of the lucky ones
    in the March Update Beta and you purchased this headset, then you are good to go but you may need to update you controller firmware.When you purchase this headset the first will be to update the firmware of all your XBOX ONE Controllers with the provided Micro
    USB Cable. To read up on the full process on how to update the firmware of all your XBOX ONE Controllers, head to this link. -
    www.xbox.com/xboxone/controllerupdate

Should you buy as a XBOX ONE Owner? In my opinion this was a great buy for me and it will be a great buy for you. Microphone that works with Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter? :)

If you want to see my unboxing & microphone quality test follow this link -

Costa Apostolou, Jul 30, 2014
  4. Auswulf Win User

A Cheap Headset?

The Xbox One stereo headset I bought a few months back had a faulty microphone.

Just a word of warning.

I ended up buying a cheap pair of Gioteck HC2's and they work great.
  5. Coolarj10 Win User

Bug: Microphone doesn't work after disconnecting Windows 10 streaming

Okay, I just discovered an issue:

The Xbox Stereo Headset's microphone does NOT work when connected via a USB hub, even if it's the only device attached to the USB hub. The microphone is detected, but it does not detect any sound in the volume meter.

As soon as I plug my Xbox One controller directly into the Surface Pro 2, the microphone immediately detects sound.
  6. Coolarj10 Win User

Bug: Microphone doesn't work after disconnecting Windows 10 streaming

Update: Regarding issue #2 (Headaet adapter issues while connecting Xbox One controller to Windows 10 PC for streaming)

I discovered that:

1) The headset adapter is just treated like an additional headphone and microphone under the Windows audio settings.

2) To select which microphone to use (e.g. PC mic or microphone attached to Headset Adapter), set the desired microphone as your default device by right clicking volume/speaker icon at the bottom right of the taskbar and click "Recording devices."

3) Odd behavior or malfunctions (e.g. headet microphone not working when streaming to Wkndows 10) may occur when there are too many USB plugged into the computer, causing insufficient USB controller resources.

When I plugged the Xbox One controller directly into my Surface Pro 2, the microphone automatically worked fine. When I docked my Surface Pro 2 into its docking station and plugged the Xbox One controller into the docking station's USB port, my headset adapter/Stereo
    Headset's microphone was recognized, but the decibel meter would not detect any sound when spoken into. Occasionally, I would receive a "insufficient USB controller resources" error. This could also be an issue related to connecting the Xbox One controller
    to a USB hub.

Regarding issue #1 (headset adapter/stereo headset's microphone not working on Xbox One after disconnecting from streaming), I will see if I experience it again to isolate the issue.
  7. DominumStige Win User

Help me please!

8. maxen Win User

Sony MDR-IRBT Headphones

Is the microphone for this headset in-line (on the actual headset cable)? I know for other headsets this means the microphone won't work for the Xbox One.
Thema:

Microphone that works with Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter?

1. Microphone that works with Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter? - Similar Threads - Microphone works Stereo

2. No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices.

in XBoX on Consoles
    No longer able to pick up my microphone on the xbox. The mic works on other devices.: Hi guys, Really appreciate some help here. I have a Turtle beach ca amp pro with headset. Everything set up and working as it should for 12 months. Until today, I have plugged a microphone into...
  3. My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...: I've been having this problem for the past few days were I join a party and it says no microphone under my name and I can't speak in party chat. I do use voicemod but I don't see how that could be...
  4. Headphones work but not my microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones work but not my microphone: All works but the microphone not work c5d1d15b-b7fc-4fc4-83dc-45f71c9f9718
  5. Microphone does not work xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone does not work xbox one: Using a Sennheiser Gaming wired headset with an Xbox controller. The sound works perfectly, however, cannot chat while gaming. Any advise? f6157e33-5c96-419a-8710-fe85b81e94ad
  6. Microphone wont work when webcam is plugged into xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone wont work when webcam is plugged into xbox: My microphone stops working as soon as my webcam is plugged in. Anyone knows how I can use my webcam and still record through my microphone? Logitec c922x and normal headphones is what I use....
  7. Official XBox Stereo Headset > microphone not working for Captures!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official XBox Stereo Headset > microphone not working for Captures!?: Hi, Can someone please help... I am slowly losing the will to live here. I bought my daughter the official XBox Stereo Headset to use with her new XBox One (Xmas) in order to capture her...
  8. Stereo Headset Adapter - Microphone does not work (at all), and only sends loud static to ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stereo Headset Adapter - Microphone does not work (at all), and only sends loud static to ...: I am using the Stereo Headset Adapter with the Turtle Beach X12 headset, and have it plugged in as described in the cable diagram here. I can hear game audio fine. I can hear others in party...
  9. Xbox Stereo Headsets Or Other Headsets Like Turtle Beach Microphones Not Working After Recent ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Stereo Headsets Or Other Headsets Like Turtle Beach Microphones Not Working After Recent ...: After the recent preview beta update for my controller, my microphone cannot pick up sound. I'v tried everything from updating again to power cycle please help MS!...
  10. XBOX Stereo headset microphone not working! Third microphone since system launch...

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Stereo headset microphone not working! Third microphone since system launch...: Since the start of the new year the microphone for has stopped working on my stereo headphones. I tried everything that was recommended and was told by customer support I need to purchase a new...