Microphone Won't Work With Team Fortress 2

Discus and support Microphone Won't Work With Team Fortress 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an XBOX headset with built-in microphone. The microphone will not work on TF2 at all. Nothing happens when I try to press the voice... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jakehalflife, May 22, 2022.

1. jakehalflife
    jakehalflife Guest

I have an XBOX headset with built-in microphone. The microphone will not work on TF2 at all. Nothing happens when I try to press the voice communication "v" key. The headphones also occasionally go completely silent whenever I try to join a server. I've tried everything to no success. It works with every other Steam game, just not TF2. Any suggestions?

:)

jakehalflife, May 22, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Jake

May I know if you already try another headset to see if the issue persists?

Looking forward for your reply!
  3. CrazyMvM94 Win User

call of duty

It won't be as bad as the hackers playing Team Fortress 2 (The Orange Box) on the Xbox...
  4. Endgamez Win User

Using an Xbox 360 controller to play PC games

It doesn't. It's supposed to work with Team Fortress 2, as well, but it does the same thing.
  5. PlatinumSpectre Win User

Oh how we need Battlefield 3

Man Im addicted to Hat Fortress 2. I mean Team Fortress 2, these days.
  6. Hoaxs Win User

best fps OF ALL TIME!!!

COD4, Team Fortress 2 and Timesplitters 2/3
Thema:

1. Microphone Won't Work With Team Fortress 2 - Similar Threads - Microphone Won't Team

2. Xbox game bar won't pick up microphone during recordings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar won't pick up microphone during recordings: I'm having troubles with xbox game bar's "record last 30 seconds" system, My microphone clearly works over discord and even in xbox parties over the app so I'm entirely lost on why it won't pick...
  3. Xbox Game bar: Microphone audio won't go through unless I'm screaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game bar: Microphone audio won't go through unless I'm screaming: The issue I'm encountering is explained in the title of this post. It began happening after I shutdown my laptop, moved to another place and opened it up again while also lowering the sound for...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Won't Let Me Use My Microphone.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Won't Let Me Use My Microphone.: I've seen some other people talk about this problem as well so I know I'm not the only person with this issue. But basically I can't use my microphone when I record a game. I've been trying to...
  5. Sea of thieves and xbox app voice chat won't pick up my microphone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of thieves and xbox app voice chat won't pick up my microphone: I'm having an issue with my microphone, it's not being picked up at all, no matter what i try, not by the game not by the app, yet it works fine on discord, teamspeak and other games with voice...
  6. Xbox Game Bar won't allow me using microphone for confidentiality reasons

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar won't allow me using microphone for confidentiality reasons: When I press Win + G, the Xbox Game Bar shows itself and I can record my game, but when I click on the mic icon to turn it on, it says that my confidentiality settings blocks my mic. However, I...
  7. Windows 10 won't detect microphone in a party.

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 10 won't detect microphone in a party.: I am running a Zephyrus G14. Input device is a blue snowball, running through RTX voice(but I have tried disabling this and it still doesn't work). Every other app that uses the microphone, or RTX...
  8. My Xbox console companion won't list all of the microphone options for my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox console companion won't list all of the microphone options for my PC.: Recently I was having problems with sound for my PC so i was forced to buy a external soundcard. I got the Roccat Juke. With this, there is a USB pluggin attached to a split headphone jack...
  9. Fortnite - Microphone Won't Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fortnite - Microphone Won't Work: We just purchased a HyperX Cloud Stinger Core headset for our XBox One, and the microphone will NOT work in the game Fortnite. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, what was the fix?...
  10. My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with...: I've been having this problem for the past few days were I join a party and it says no microphone under my name and I can't speak in party chat. I do use voicemod but I don't see how that could be...