Microsoft account balance did not redeem when buying DLC, fully charged to Paypal

Discus and support Microsoft account balance did not redeem when buying DLC, fully charged to Paypal in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, Just bought the Bioshock Infinite season pass (£15.99). It wouldn't let me select my £10 Microsoft account balance as a payment method, so I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BaronWantsBlood, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Microsoft account balance did not redeem when buying DLC, fully charged to Paypal

Hey,

Just bought the Bioshock Infinite season pass (£15.99). It wouldn't let me select my £10 Microsoft account balance as a payment method, so I looked up some FAQs and got the impression if I chose paypal as my payment method, it would automatically redeem
    my balance and take the remainder (£5.99) from paypal. However, the full £15.99 came off paypal and I still have £10 sitting in my microsoft account balance.

Help appreciated.

Amy

:)

BaronWantsBlood, Dec 17, 2014
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Redeeming Gift Card Codes?

When you redeem a gift code it adds money to your Microsoft account balance. When you make a purchase on the Xbox store it will give you the option of using a credit card/Paypal or using your account balance.

Smwutches, Dec 17, 2014
  3. Xbox Downloadable Games Coming to Retail.

I didn't even think about PayPal! That's a really good idea. I had an unauthorized charge recently to my PayPal account and they were AWESOME about reversing it -- and quickly, too.

One_chic_gamer, Dec 17, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Microsoft account balance did not redeem when buying DLC, fully charged to Paypal

Not all content can be purchased using the split payment option. So it's possible that content does not allow that form of payment.

Smwutches, Dec 17, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

Not all content can be purchased using the split payment option. So it's possible that content does not allow that form of payment.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Redeeming Gift Card Codes?

When you redeem a gift code it adds money to your Microsoft account balance. When you make a purchase on the Xbox store it will give you the option of using a credit card/Paypal or using your account balance.
  7. iareBRENDEN Win User

Buying Xbox GamePass

No, you need a debit card, credit card, or paypal to purchase a subscription with your microsoft balance. This is to ensure the subscription will have something to charge when it renews if your balance isn't enough to cover it.
  8. Jacyintha Win User

Cant buy gold

It probably has to do with the fact that the subscription is set to automatically renew. By tying a card/paypal to it, your guaranteed to have something to charge. With the Microsoft Account balance, there is no such guarantee.
  9. DanMen334 Win User

trouble paying Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with Microsoft account balance

you must have a backup payment option, the balance will be charged from your microsoft account, but the backup option is required, it can be paypal, credit card or debit
Thema:

1. Microsoft account balance did not redeem when buying DLC, fully charged to Paypal - Similar Threads - Microsoft account balance

2. Microsoft Account Balance Payment Method Not Showing up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Account Balance Payment Method Not Showing up: Hey so today I scrolling through and tried to purchase some robux but when I got to the payment page my microsoft account balance was not there! Any help would be nice....
  3. My Microsoft Account balance is not updating for purchases.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Microsoft Account balance is not updating for purchases.: Today I purchased a $15 Xbox card and redeemed it through the redeem section of the Microsoft Store on my Xbox One console. After redeeming it I attempted to purchase a game on the store but when...
  4. Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox and Microsoft stores say I don't own a game but my purchase history and account balance do: I tried to buy Sonic Adventure 2 on my Xbox today and it keeps saying I don't own the game. It deducted money from my Microsoft account, and it's in my purchase history, but it doesn't say I own...
  5. Pay for my ultimate Game pass with my Microsoft account balance.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pay for my ultimate Game pass with my Microsoft account balance.: I'm trying to Pay for my ultimate Game pass with my Microsoft account balance. , but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. 78fa965b-a5f3-4cac-a944-137465f64563
  6. Microsoft account balance

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft account balance: In my country we use euro, but on my Microsoft account balance I've got 5 pounds of funds in there but I cant use the money? Any ideas b11ba36b-7af4-4a00-a692-81cb08d21cf5
  7. Cant use microsoft account balance on xbox or website

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant use microsoft account balance on xbox or website: So I recently purchased a $25 microsoft card and when I got to my wallet on my xbox it shows I have an account balance but whenever I try to make a purchase it won't even give me the option to use...
  8. Microsoft account balance not working in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account balance not working in Minecraft: Hello Microsoft, I recently purchased a $10 Xbox gift card and immediately purchased something from the minecraft marketplaced afterwards. Today, I wanted to purchased something else but I...
  9. Microsoft account balance isn't showing up in store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account balance isn't showing up in store: I added a $50 Xbox card to my account and bought some dlc. about 20 minutes later I attempted to buy a game and instead of letting me buy the game it said Get Started! Add a new way to pay....
  10. Can't pay with microsoft account balance ?!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't pay with microsoft account balance ?!: Hello, I would like to pay for additional content with my microsoft account balance. I just added a $ 25 gift card and my balance is now at $ 40. My problem is that when I have to select the...