Microsoft account balance

Discus and support Microsoft account balance in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I added money to my sons microsoft account so he could purchase a game add on for Jurassic World but whenever he tries to purchase it it only gives the... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by leannechrystal, Sep 14, 2020 at 7:52 PM.

1. Microsoft account balance

I added money to my sons microsoft account so he could purchase a game add on for Jurassic World but whenever he tries to purchase it it only gives the option to add a credit/debit card not use his balance to pay for it?

:)

leannechrystal, Sep 14, 2020 at 7:52 PM
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Microsoft account balance.

Let's say the content you want to buy is $19.99, and you have $20 on your account. If your state/country charges sales tax, it will ask for some other payment method that will cover the remaining amount due (item + taxes).

If the item costs less than $20 and you're pretty sure your area doesn't charge sales tax on digital content purchases, I'd reach out to Xbox Live Support. https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  3. xCo Illusion Win User

Microsoft account balance.

It could depend on what you're trying to buy. If you're trying to buy 360 content on the One, it won't work.
    No, I'm trying to by an Xbox one game :)
  4. WPAK Win User

Microsoft Account Balance

Small addition, you can still use that $25 for buying games/video's and DLC etc, but for gold use one of the ways mentioned by xTye
  5. richardhuck1 Win User

I set up a child account and added money to it but I forgot the password so now I cannot get the child account to log on the Xbox One to be able to use the Microsoft account balance so basically the Xbox One shows the child account but when I click on
    the profile to get the gamertag set up on it it wants to password that I do not remember so basically I can't get into the account without a password and I've tried recover it and I still can't recover it is there a way to remove the child account and the
    money still be on the parent account
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

It also depends on what he is trying to purchase if it anything to do with Xbox 360 games he would not be able to purchase them with microsoft account balance.
Thema:

1. Microsoft account balance - Similar Threads - Microsoft account balance

2. Microsoft account balance not updating in the store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft account balance not updating in the store.: Bought a £10 gift card, my balance shows as £11.89 in settings but when i go to buy something it shows it as £1.89. I’ve reset my console, turned it off and on again, hard reset it and nothing has...
  3. Microsoft Account balance can’t be used to purchase Console

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Account balance can’t be used to purchase Console: Hello everybody, I am preparing for the Xbox Series X launch and since there is a few occasions coming up for which people want to give me presents, I thought I could ask them to buy me Microsoft...
  4. Microsoft Account Balance not showing on XBox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Account Balance not showing on XBox One: Yesterday I added a £10 credit to an existing balance of £4.68. Microsoft account correctly shows a balance of £14.68, but there is nothing showing on the XBox account. Can you help please?...
  5. Microsoft account balance on different Regions

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account balance on different Regions: Hi I have Microsoft account balance: 33.00 USD , but this balance found in different region US and Palestine authority ... 13$ US 20$ PA Is there any way to transfer money to one Region US...
  6. how do I use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I use microsoft account balance?: I got mail few days ago. We just wanted to let you know that some of the promotional balance in your Microsoft account will be expiring soon. Expiring Account Balance: $5.00 USD Expiration...
  7. MEU SALDO DA CONTA MICROSOFT [MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT BALANCE]

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    MEU SALDO DA CONTA MICROSOFT [MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT BALANCE]: Olá, estou aqui para fazer uma reclamação e talvez uma ajuda......é que eu havia comprado um GIFT CARD de 100 reais na XBOX LIVE, só que depois de um tempo eu comprei um jogo cujo o nome é Sonic...
  8. "Microsoft Account Balances cannot be used in this purchase channel"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Microsoft Account Balances cannot be used in this purchase channel": Okay, Xbox. This is ridiculous. Why can't we use our account balance to buy backwards compatible titles? Some people don't HAVE a credit card and can only buy games using gift cards. What...
  9. Microsoft account balance .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft account balance .: Is it possible to save up money on your microsoft account balance, to purchase the series x console. When it becomes available. Would like to know before I start saving....
  10. trouble paying Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with Microsoft account balance

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    trouble paying Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with Microsoft account balance: Trying to pay a past due balance won't let me pay with my Microsoft account balance It tells me to add a payment method, I have enough money to pay but it does not give me the option to pay with...