Microsoft account does not show the correct Xbox live account

Discus and support Microsoft account does not show the correct Xbox live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I try to sign into my xbox live account a window pops up and says "we need the email address and password for your microsoft account so we can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaffodilBark772, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Microsoft account does not show the correct Xbox live account

When I try to sign into my xbox live account a window pops up and says "we need the email address and password for your microsoft account so we can check and update the security of your Xbox profile". I enter the correct email address and I reset my password
    online yet it says that the email and password didn't work. When I go online and sign into my Microsoft account on my iphobe it works. Something strange that happened was when I go to my Xbox live account that is hooked up through my microsoft account, I see
    a different Xbox live username which is very odd. In the top right corner above my account, there is a username that I don't recognize. I'm very confused and have tried many things but I think something has happened to my Xbox live account. I desperately
    need help.

:)

DaffodilBark772, Mar 8, 2015
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Mar 8, 2015
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Join Xbox LIVE

This is the final step before you start enjoying the most amazing entertainment experience on Xbox LIVE.

The process is free and easy to follow.

You only require an valid email address and a high-speed internet connection.

There are two Membership levels available: Free and Gold. You can read more about what you get with each membership level.

Before proceeding, confirm the following:

If you have a Zune or Games for Windows LIVE account, it means you already have an Xbox LIVE account! All you have to do is to download the account to your Xbox 360 console, sign in and start enjoying the Xbox LIVE experience.

If you have a Microsoft account, you can use it for your Xbox LIVE account.
    Note: "Microsoft account" refers to what was formerly "Windows Live ID". It is the email address and password you need to sign into Microsoft services (including Xbox LIVE).

This means that if you already have a Messenger or Hotmail account, you automatically have a Microsoft account.

So, during registration for Xbox LIVE, if you are asked for an email address, enter your Microsoft account.

If you don't have a Microsoft account, you can sign up for a free account on your computer, or during the signing in process for Xbox LIVE.

If you decide to go for Gold Membership, you should have your credit card information ready before proceeding with the process of signing up for Xbox LIVE.

Steps to follow

1) On your controller, press Guide then select Join Xbox LIVE.

2) Follow the instructions on the screen on how to sign up for Xbox LIVE.

Note: Make sure that you enter your correct date of birth when signing up. This will be used to determine whether you get a child account or an adult account. Once the account is created, you cannot change the date of birth.

Join Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack

With the Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, your family is given four 12-month Gold Memberships for less than the price of two. If you are interested, just select Family Gold on the Subscription selection screen.

No option for Gold Family Pack?

You might be using a child account, or the Gold Family Pack does not apply to your region.

Here is a list of countries that have access to the Gold Family Pack:
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • United States
    • United Kingdom
    • Germany
    • France
    • New Zealand
    • Japan
    • Mexico

xboxfelix, Mar 8, 2015
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

you are 100% sure you used the correct email address to sign in at xbox.com?

The incorrect gamertag is also shown on the gamercard to the left in the forums?

If both questions result in Yes, then it may be best to contact Xbox Support, so they are able to check if there are indeed 2 accounts connected to one MS account(email address), if so they should also be able to guide you through the steps on how to remove
    the incorrect one.

To contact Xbox SUpport use:
    support.xbox.com/contact-us

WPAK, Mar 8, 2015
  5. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

you are 100% sure you used the correct email address to sign in at xbox.com?

The incorrect gamertag is also shown on the gamercard to the left in the forums?

If both questions result in Yes, then it may be best to contact Xbox Support, so they are able to check if there are indeed 2 accounts connected to one MS account(email address), if so they should also be able to guide you through the steps on how to remove
    the incorrect one.

To contact Xbox SUpport use:
    support.xbox.com/contact-us
  6. Smwutches Win User

Couple of questions

This is interesting - I have been able to change the birthdate in my Xbox Live Account for many years - in fact it does show the correct date now.
    It's possible to update the birthdate on your Microsoft account, but not the birthdate on an Xbox account. That's what confuses people.
  7. MC GREEN XTREME Win User

Why is Microsoft ignoring theft from my XBox Live and Microsoft Billing Account?

FIFA Points purchases show on Microsoft Billing Account. The Points that I did not purchase do not show on my XBox Live Account, probably up to around £70 worth. I have not yet worked out the exact amount. Microsoft are saying that the purchases were made
    from my console but my XBox Live Account shows that this is not at all correct. If the purchases were made from my console then they would show in my XBox Live Account.

I had already mentioned the XBox Live and Microsoft Billing Accounts.

Anyway, I can no longer use this account because if I add Microsoft Points to it they will be stolen just like the previous sets before I realized there was a problem. My son is the gamer and before it is mentioned, no he did not make these purchases either!
  8. Mistress Sara Win User

Xbox Live and Account Management

Hi there,

What you describe for moving one account to another email address is correct.

One question, when you look at Account B, does the $25 and Live show there, or is it lost completely between both accounts?
  9. Miss Ermine Win User

Can I Connect My Offline Profile To My Windows Live Profile?

Hi Lupirio! Hope this clears things up a bit:

First off, there is not a way to "merge" accounts. If a Microsoft Account has an Xbox LIVE account associated, it can not have another Xbox account added to it. (The easiest way to tell this, is if there is a GamerTag. The fact that you are posting in the
    forums shows that it is an Xbox LIVE account.) However, if you have a Microsoft Account that does not have any Gamertag associated with it yet, you can use that to Get Online with your local profile. Does this help?
Thema:

1. Microsoft account does not show the correct Xbox live account - Similar Threads - Microsoft account does

2. Ps4 account verbindet dich nicht mit Microsoft account[Translation-Ps4 account does not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ps4 account verbindet dich nicht mit Microsoft account[Translation-Ps4 account does not...: Hallo, Seit gestern gibt es das Ps4 update mit crossplay und co, womit man sich auch bei Microsoft anmelden muss. Ich habe mehrmals versucht mein Acc und mein Acc mit Der Ps4 zu verbinden doch...
  3. account microsoft specificato non esiste [Translation - Microsoft specified account does...

in XBoX Accessibility
    account microsoft specificato non esiste [Translation - Microsoft specified account does...: salve, da un paio di giorni mi trovavo l' account della xbox scollegato ad ogni avvio, e puntualmente non riuscivo a rientrare con la mia solita email e password e tutte le volte dovevo fare...
  4. How does a game developer have access to my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How does a game developer have access to my Microsoft account?: I’ll wait for the excusses... How does a game developer have access to my Microsoft account? You say hackers are the developers are responsible for “security patches” but how do you explain my...
  5. When I log in with my Microsoft account my xbox account does not show up but has created a new ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When I log in with my Microsoft account my xbox account does not show up but has created a new ...: I reset my console because the screen went dim but kept my games and apps. When I went to log back into my Xbox live account it would say it required an adult account even though it was an adult...
  6. Does closing your Microsoft account release the associated Gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does closing your Microsoft account release the associated Gamertag?: I have a Gamertag that I need to transfer to a new Microsoft account. If I close the old account completely, will that release the Gamertag for re-use after 60 days (i.e., when the account...
  7. Cannot buy an Xbox 360 game backwards on Microsoft Store Xbox One - "Sorry, Your account does ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot buy an Xbox 360 game backwards on Microsoft Store Xbox One - "Sorry, Your account does ...: Hello, (English is not my mother language, this post is translated from my original one in french with DeepL Translator.) I'm on Xbox One S, I've never had an Xbox 360 but I'd like to buy the...
  8. MicroSoft Jigsaw: App not opening or when it does open, game won't login into Xbox Account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MicroSoft Jigsaw: App not opening or when it does open, game won't login into Xbox Account: Hello, I've had the reset my computer and install Windows 10 again. When I did I downloaded and installed Microsoft Jigsaw. But the App won't login into my Xbox account. That was earlier, but now...
  9. I have an Xbox account I didn't create if I delete it does it also delete my microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox account I didn't create if I delete it does it also delete my microsoft account: Hi there! I've just discovered I have an Xbox account I didn't create. I've never owned one and would never have created an account. I went through the process of deleting that account then came...
  10. Does Microsoft do Account dumps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft do Account dumps?: I have an old XBL account I'd like to use (or use the name of). I made it when I was in high school & didn't need an email. So I made something real quick to make the account & now do not have the...