Microsoft Account Strange Redirect

Discus and support Microsoft Account Strange Redirect in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Sorry for the poor categorizing, but there were no tags for "Microsoft Account Issues" that I could find. The basics of this problem are that, when... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by 19149436-83aa-4bc3-b1a1-6, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account Strange Redirect

Sorry for the poor categorizing, but there were no tags for "Microsoft Account Issues" that I could find. The basics of this problem are that, when logged into my Microsoft account, whenever I try to go to a certain link, I am redirected to another, unrelated
    link. This strange redirect only happens when I am using this account. I have tried it using other accounts, and it takes me to the correct page. Extra details about the links are included below.

Whenever I try to go to this link "https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings?&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=main%3aprivacytab" with my account, it instead redirects me to this link "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings"
    and I can't figure out why. When I am using a different account, there is no redirect to the support page, it only happens on this one. Because it always redirects me, I am unable to edit certain settings and change my Gamertag. Has this happened to anybody
    else, or does anybody know why it is happening?

:)

19149436-83aa-4bc3-b1a1-6, Jun 13, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello AlexSharkey,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your account is getting redirected to a support article when you are trying to make changes on your account. This could be due to the account being a child account. We suggest using one of
    your adult accounts, and adding the account that is having the issue to the
    adult account's family
    . Once you have added the account to the family, you can use

the support article that you provided
    to change the restrictions on the child account. This should allow you to edit certain settings or change the gamertag. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. LennardBijker Win User

Cannot join any clubs because of privacy settings

Nope I do not have another account. Everytime I have the time to contact Microsoft their service is closed an I get redirected to the forums...
  4. Kevenstu01 Win User

XBOX Sign-In page Access Issue - In Some situations

hi SivaM1

it is normal when you sing in to Microsoft you actually get redirected through a couple different pages

(the number of redirects actually depend on what service your login in to with an Microsoft account)

what you can try is:

1. try another browser
    2. reset your browser
    3. login directly here https://login.live.com/
  5. {Parity} Win User

Problems Viewing Xbox Account

Go to the redirected page and login using your Xbox credentials. Then you can click on your name in the top right corner and select "My Microsoft Account" and access your account information.
  6. Lapsa - The Sabot-Fo Win User

Account issues.

Sorry to bother you again with another issue, but when I go to chat with Microsoft support my browser says:

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

.Do I have to buy Xbox Live to get my account straight again?
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Strange Redirect - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Strange

2. i made a new Microsoft account but doesn't let me log in my ps4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i made a new Microsoft account but doesn't let me log in my ps4: so when I tried to sign in for Microsoft I made a new account using the same email with my PlayStation but it didn't let me log in Xbox live so I made another Microsoft account but this time made...
  3. Migrate Xbox Gamer tag to different Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Migrate Xbox Gamer tag to different Microsoft account: Hello, as the title suggests, I want to move my gamer tag to a different Microsoft account. It's associated with an old Microsoft account I created when I was like 10 and I no longer want it to be...
  4. Microsoft Has Made it Impossible to Recover my OWN ACCOUNT

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Has Made it Impossible to Recover my OWN ACCOUNT: Can someone please help me? Microsoft has made it impossible to recover my own account by solely relying on AI to do work for them. I made my account over a decade ago under my parents email...
  5. Xbox sign in with microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox sign in with microsoft account: I keep trying to sign into my Xbox account on my laptop and it asks for a pin when I never even set one in the first place. So I just recently created a pin on my laptop and it says its incorrect....
  6. Account Microsoft Reward sospeso[Translation-Account Microsoft Reward suspended]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Microsoft Reward sospeso[Translation-Account Microsoft Reward suspended]: Salve, è da un paio di giorni che quando provo ad accedere al mio account Microsoft Rewards questo risulta sospeso. A quanto pare non posso più accedere al mio account Rewards. Come mai? Ho...
  7. Bug login microsoft account on minecraft android.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Bug login microsoft account on minecraft android.: ���� Italiano Salve, ultimamente ho riscontrato un problema. Ho comprato tempo fa minecraft per Android, giocavo e riuscivo a fare il login nell'account microsoft. Ma con la nuova...
  8. Microsoft Email Change/Account Handover (Help Please)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Email Change/Account Handover (Help Please): I created my current MSFT account originally to allow my son to play Xbox and get his subscriptions/games. As he has gotten older, I would lik for him to manage the account himself. I have no...
  9. Can I pre-order and buy / ship Xbox Series X from my microsoft account as a gift for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I pre-order and buy / ship Xbox Series X from my microsoft account as a gift for...: As stated, Can I pre-order and buy / ship Xbox Series X from the microsoft website using my microsoft account .... Then when I gift the console to someone, they can set it up and play and recover...
  10. my microsoft account current balance

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my microsoft account current balance: today i bought 15 dollar gift card for my xbox and i alreday had 3 dollars in my account. i went to buy vbucks and it said i only had 3 dollars in my account but when i went to billings in my...