Microsoft Account Strange Redirect

Discus and support Microsoft Account Strange Redirect in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Sorry for the poor categorizing, but there were no tags for "Microsoft Account Issues" that I could find. The basics of this problem are that, when... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by 19149436-83aa-4bc3-b1a1-6, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account Strange Redirect

Sorry for the poor categorizing, but there were no tags for "Microsoft Account Issues" that I could find. The basics of this problem are that, when logged into my Microsoft account, whenever I try to go to a certain link, I am redirected to another, unrelated
    link. This strange redirect only happens when I am using this account. I have tried it using other accounts, and it takes me to the correct page. Extra details about the links are included below.

Whenever I try to go to this link "https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Settings?&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=main%3aprivacytab" with my account, it instead redirects me to this link "https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings"
    and I can't figure out why. When I am using a different account, there is no redirect to the support page, it only happens on this one. Because it always redirects me, I am unable to edit certain settings and change my Gamertag. Has this happened to anybody
    else, or does anybody know why it is happening?

:)

19149436-83aa-4bc3-b1a1-6, Jun 13, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello AlexSharkey,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your account is getting redirected to a support article when you are trying to make changes on your account. This could be due to the account being a child account. We suggest using one of
    your adult accounts, and adding the account that is having the issue to the
    adult account's family
    . Once you have added the account to the family, you can use

the support article that you provided
    to change the restrictions on the child account. This should allow you to edit certain settings or change the gamertag. Be sure to let us know the results!
  3. LennardBijker Win User

Cannot join any clubs because of privacy settings

Nope I do not have another account. Everytime I have the time to contact Microsoft their service is closed an I get redirected to the forums...
  4. {Parity} Win User

Problems Viewing Xbox Account

Go to the redirected page and login using your Xbox credentials. Then you can click on your name in the top right corner and select "My Microsoft Account" and access your account information.
  5. Lapsa - The Sabot-Fo Win User

Account issues.

Sorry to bother you again with another issue, but when I go to chat with Microsoft support my browser says:

"The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

.Do I have to buy Xbox Live to get my account straight again?
  6. Oliver Fletcher Win User

Changing privacy settings on the Xbox windows 10 app

Thank you, although partially helpful the problem remains that I can't access xbox.com to change the settings, as the page on my Microsoft account only has a link to there which redirects as usual.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Strange Redirect - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Strange

2. Microsoftt Sudoku logs in to incorrect microsoft account. How can I change it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoftt Sudoku logs in to incorrect microsoft account. How can I change it?: I installed sudoku at my new laptop using a wrong microsoft account. Is it possible to change the microsoft account to the one with my progress from my previous laptop? I tried uninstalling the...
  3. Purchased Fallen order through Microsoft account on PC, won't install

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased Fallen order through Microsoft account on PC, won't install: The following message appears in a white box, with the install now button faded out so it can't be clicked "Pick where you want to install It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s)...
  4. microsoft account hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    microsoft account hacked: Hello, i'm French and i was hacked from my Xbox live account and Microsoft account, i received emails from Microsoft team showing that a person supressed my emails adress from my microsoft account...
  5. Microsoft/xbox account login problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft/xbox account login problem: Bit of a story to this one. Just recently I've had a login attempt into my Microsoft account so I was kicked out. The problem is, there's no way I can get the verification code to get back in. My...
  6. my microsoft account it has some random gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    my microsoft account it has some random gamertag: when i sign into my microsoft account it has some random gamertag and none of my achievements or any of my info but its my correct email and password....why is this and can someone help fix it?...
  7. microsoft Account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    microsoft Account.: Hello, I have a problem with a Microsoft account on xbox one x, and this account is exactly . When I wanted to log in my password was written that it is incorrect and it still is. Someone changed...
  8. Error message when logging into Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Error message when logging into Microsoft account: I am getting the following error message when opening Microsoft Solitaire Collection. 0xCFFFF82E what does this mean? 75ba9b96-a72e-4976-9107-be7ef511df4c
  9. Microsoft Account Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Issue: I am hoping this will finally be a way of getting help with my account. I have been blocked out of my account for a week and a half now and nobody has been able to help me. I have tried...
  10. Xbox Companion app signs in while im logged into local account but not with my Microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Companion app signs in while im logged into local account but not with my Microsoft...: Hello, Platform: Windows 10 1903 While signed into my PC with my microsoft account the Xbox companion app doesnt allow me to sign in. I click sign in and it does nothing but pop up sign in...