Microsoft Activity Report

Discus and support Microsoft Activity Report in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My 14 year old son has an Xbox One S in his bedroom. The activity report tells me he was on Destiny 2 for 55 minutes yesterday (Saturday) when he was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by dudleydave999, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Microsoft Activity Report

My 14 year old son has an Xbox One S in his bedroom. The activity report tells me he was on Destiny 2 for 55 minutes yesterday (Saturday) when he was not allowed on. He swears that he was not on and that the activity report is incorrect. How do I know which
    is correct? Is there a way I can check what he was actually doing in the game to show it was being played.

This is causing major issues as I have now set screen limits which he says are totally unfair as he's not lying.

Microsoft Activity Report [​IMG]

:)

dudleydave999, Dec 3, 2019
  2. dudleydave999 Win User

Aren't parental controls pretty good right now? You ought to be able to programme the Xbox to allow him to play for a certain amount of time or on certain days. But, if you have agreed days to play, physically removing the Xbox inbetween seems like
    an easier option.
    The point is he's saying that the report is wrong and has him logged as playing when he wasn't
  3. dudleydave999 Win User

So that's a tough one. I don't play Destiny 2 so I am unsure if the game has ability to show game results, which may indicate the truth. Maybe a D2 player can chime in; however, I am famous for leaving my game (Halo 5) on at the menu screen and
    turning off the TV giving others the appearance I am "in game". Not sure if that could be a possibility in your case, but maybe? I do have four kids and know I have to chose my battles carefully and, you know your son best. Either way, I wish you the best
    with your son.
    Thanks for the reply. We have an agreement that he can go on Mon, Wed, Fri and Sunday so he should not have opened up the game yesterday. We also had an issue on Tuesday where he'd been told he couldn't go on to 'collect something that would take 2 minutes'.
    He says he opened the game and came to ask and when I said no he turned it off.
  4. AridLizard Win User

if you can sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/security/ you can click on Sign-in activity to see when and where his account signed in.

if there is a sign in from your approximate location at that time then he did play D2 when he wasn't allowed.

if there is a sign in from another location then he needs to update his security as his account may be compromised.

this link will guide you through the process of securing his account (if there is a security issue) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/compromised-account-solution

hope this helps
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

i believe the current system in place is working fine.
  6. dudleydave999 Win User

So that's a tough one. I don't play Destiny 2 so I am unsure if the game has ability to show game results, which may indicate the truth. Maybe a D2 player can chime in; however, I am famous for leaving my game (Halo 5) on at the menu screen and
    turning off the TV giving others the appearance I am "in game". Not sure if that could be a possibility in your case, but maybe? I do have four kids and know I have to chose my battles carefully and, you know your son best. Either way, I wish you the best
    with your son.
    Thanks for the reply and yes we do. I'm sure we are no different to other parents with concerns over screen time, be it phone, Xbox or laptop. I honestly wish I hadn't treated him for doing so well at school as it has just caused issue after issue.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Activity Report - Similar Threads - Microsoft Activity Report

2. Microsoft has blocked purchasing due to 'Suspicious activity'

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft has blocked purchasing due to 'Suspicious activity': My son has an Xbox and I've regularly added funds to his account to buy games. Last week I tried to add some money and got a message saying the payment had failed and I needed to contact...
  3. 微软商店在国内获得的游戏激活码能不能在国外使用激活 [Translation-Can the game activation code obtained by Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    微软商店在国内获得的游戏激活码能不能在国外使用激活 [Translation-Can the game activation code obtained by Microsoft...: 所以说能不能? [Translation-So can you?] 517fd8a9-ba40-4c99-a5f4-30fecb4d9a81
  4. I activated my Eon key on microsoft/redeem but i cant find it on the Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    I activated my Eon key on microsoft/redeem but i cant find it on the Xbox: i have activated the key on microsoft/redeem but when i log in on xbox one i cant find it anywhere, can someone help me? 399b9984-0268-42af-b94c-96ed9fef2dc0
  5. Microsoft Store took my money for a "Game with Gold" with active xbox gold subscription.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Store took my money for a "Game with Gold" with active xbox gold subscription.: Hi, I've recently wanted to add Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy to my collection due to the fact that it was "for free" with gold. I have Gold active on my console so I just added this game...
  6. Microsoft Edge not activating on Xbox one for the last month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Edge not activating on Xbox one for the last month: HI there, I have been using Edge for a while but since about beginning of January 2019 Edge fails to operate. I can click on the app's icon, it starts to open then fails. No error is given. I...
  7. Activating a payment code card in a Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Activating a payment code card in a Microsoft account: Hello! I was trying to activate a payment code card for Windows 10 for Minecraft from my account but I've received message "This code has already been used." Earlier I tried to enter this code,...
  8. Microsoft Family weekly activity report errors/anomalies

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Family weekly activity report errors/anomalies: i love the idea of the weekly screen time and activity reports. However, something is not quite right. We are 2 parents and 2 kids. The kids get their own report and the parents get both kids...
  9. I can't activate my Minecraft key in my Microsoft account!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't activate my Minecraft key in my Microsoft account!: I bought Minecraft in 2013 and now I tried to activacte the key for Windows 10 from my Mojang account, but appears that the code has already been activacted and I never used this code. I would...
  10. error when you are activating the microsoft gift card code

in XBoX on Consoles
    error when you are activating the microsoft gift card code: Ocurred this Error xbos1004. I do not know what you mean and I wanted help solving it or you solve it otherwise I lost money buying. b622922d-adb4-4572-b247-5a015c7e1d83