Microsoft and Activision's spiderman games

Discus and support Microsoft and Activision's spiderman games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Now that Microsoft owns Activision does that mean the certain games owned by only Activision like ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man friends are foe I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JonWise2, Jan 24, 2022.

1. JonWise2
    JonWise2 Guest

Now that Microsoft owns Activision does that mean the certain games owned by only Activision like ultimate Spider-Man and Spider-Man friends are foe I know there there old but will they be on game pass like the other one games or are they just going to be gone back where the old systems were?

I know Sony owns Spider-Man but I don't think they own activation made games?

:)

JonWise2, Jan 24, 2022
  2. JonWise2 Win User

Merged as mean the Spider-Man games that were on like Xbox and other systems
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Merged as mean the Spider-Man games that were on like Xbox and other systems
    It won't make any difference. The Spiderman IP is owned by Marvel who's parent company is The Walt Disney Company. When Activision made their Spiderman games they would have paid for the rights to the owners of this IP. This 'license' would only be held with Activision for a set amount of time, unless they renewed it. They didn't and now Sony have the license.

Regardless of whether the deal goes through with Microsoft, you still won't see these games released or otherwise. I'm afraid this has always been the way it works with games based on movies/comics.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Microsoft don't own them yet so we won't know anything until after the sale is final.
  5. ngocphi Win User

You also have to remember sony owns the rights to spiderman

Video games wise and marvel only has a movie deal for 3 more movies

Sony ain't going ti let millions of dollars go to a competitor

And us Congress is investigating the merger so it may or may not pass
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

The amazing spider-man 2012 game ever gonna return?

Hi,

Unfortunately Microsoft's purchase of Activision/Blizzard will have no impact on such an old game.

Activisions license to Spiderman would have expired now, which is the reason why Sony now has it. With Sony holding the license and the BC program now ended, there's no chance this game will return.
Thema:

1. Microsoft and Activision's spiderman games - Similar Threads - Microsoft Activision's spiderman

2. Since Microsoft owns Activision will I be able to play Cold War on pc if I bought it on Xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Since Microsoft owns Activision will I be able to play Cold War on pc if I bought it on Xbox?: I bought Call of Duty Cold War on Xbox but I've recently sold my Xbox, is there a way that I can still play Cold War on pc, is Microsoft working on a way to be able to download it from the...
  3. Microsoft Activision Ban Appeal Getting Changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Activision Ban Appeal Getting Changed?: First of all, I know, I'm scum, but just hear me out. So, about a year ago, I made a stupid mistake and hacked on Warzone. When I got banned shortly after launching the hacks, I instantly...
  4. Activision Blizzard purchase is huge for Microsoft

in XboX Insiders
    Activision Blizzard purchase is huge for Microsoft: Let’s be real this is huge for xbox not even on a console war base but even bigger. Xbox is now a ecosystem! That’s consoles, anything that allows xcloud (phones, tablets, etc) and PC but one...
  5. Why are you so slow to fix such a small problem MICROSOFT AND ACTIVISION???????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are you so slow to fix such a small problem MICROSOFT AND ACTIVISION???????: 3 days now. I can't loading COLD War since 3 days because they are so incompetent. This is just a Black screen when we are loading COLD War and they need 3/4 or 5 days to fix this? Holyyy... So...
  6. Troller that MicroSoft or Activision will not do anything about

in XBoX on Consoles
    Troller that MicroSoft or Activision will not do anything about: I have a troller on COD WW2 and MW that MicroSoft and Activision will not do anything about. His/her COD emblem actually is: "[MY NAME] [removed- inapprorpaite]!" I have reported and reported...
  7. ​Microsoft: To Buy Activision And The Call of Duty Franchise!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ​Microsoft: To Buy Activision And The Call of Duty Franchise!: Microsoft: To Buy Activision And The Call of Duty Franchise! - Sign the Petition! Signez la pétition via @Change 78ed0783-b937-4c59-a123-8aec8c8a1a47
  8. Microsoft and activision are probably in games hacking for money

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft and activision are probably in games hacking for money: Many people have been hacked and can't play anything but zombies. i have the same problem, the hack has been around since black ops 2 was released. First you can't enter multiplayer games...
  9. Activision and Microsoft allow hacking in order to make more money

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Activision and Microsoft allow hacking in order to make more money: Many people have been hacked and can't play anything but zombies. i have the same problem, the hack has been around since black ops 2 was released. First you can't enter multiplayer games...
  10. Whose to blame - Activision or Microsoft for DLC losses?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whose to blame - Activision or Microsoft for DLC losses?: I know there are a few posts in the forum with regards to the loss of DLC (downloaded content) on either the Seasons Pass side, or in the loading of the skin packs. What I am hear to ask is whose...