Microsoft and xbox one profiles

Discus and support Microsoft and xbox one profiles in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I really would live some help!!! So here is my problem, when I set everything up for Microsoft and xbox one it is all under me, so now I can't figure... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kristenward, Apr 15, 2019.

1. kristenward
    kristenward Guest

I really would live some help!!! So here is my problem, when I set everything up for Microsoft and xbox one it is all under me, so now I can't figure out how to turn my profile into my son's and add a new one for me so that I can utilize the parental
    controls!!! Please help I am one desperate mother thank you

:)

kristenward, Apr 15, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there Kristen!

Thank you for letting us know that the question has been answered. We'll be locking the thread as this is the case and if you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day!
  3. XBF Lance J Win User

Hey Kristen,

Thank you for reaching out. From what I understand, you recently created a new account using your information but would like hand it down to your son. Unfortunately, there is no way of converting adult accounts into child accounts and vice versa. In order
    to properly setup a family giving you control over his account, you will need to create a new account using his information and a proper date of birth. Check out our

Family Accounts page for more details on how to get this rolling. Hope this helps! :D
  4. Smwutches Win User

Unfortunately, in order to use parental controls for him, you would have to create a new account for him so it could be a child account. He would still be able to access the games that are on the original account, but his progress would not carry over
    so he would have to start over.
  5. kristenward Win User

That is what I thought but sometimes there are ways to transfer or tips and tricks so I wanted to double check thank you.... will have to figure something else out because I can't make him start over......
  6. kristenward Win User

Aaahhhh this really [Mod Removed - Inappropriate] because he has gotten so far in fortnite and I'm not a mean mom so I guess I will have to figure something else out.

Thank you
Thema:

1. Microsoft and xbox one profiles - Similar Threads - Microsoft profiles

2. Can I change my xbox profile to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I change my xbox profile to a different Microsoft account?: I was real young when my parents got me a xbox 360 so my mom decided to put my account on her microsoft account. Now that im older, in general, I want to have my profile on my own account and, my...
  3. Xbox/Microsoft Profile Still Child After Turning 18

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox/Microsoft Profile Still Child After Turning 18: Today is my 18th birthday but when I signed in to view my Xbox profile it still says on my Xbox family that I am a child. Is there any reason for this? I thought that your profile was made into an...
  4. Connect Local XBOX Profile To Microsoft Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect Local XBOX Profile To Microsoft Account: Hello, I am struggling to find a way to connect my daughter's local XBOX profile to her Microsoft account. A small bit of history - my daughter has been playing games on our XBOX 360 for a number...
  5. Changing my xbox account to a different microsoft profile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing my xbox account to a different microsoft profile?: Back when my family first connected our xbox 360 to xbox live my dad connected my xbox profile to his Microsoft account. A number of years down the road this has been something of an inconvenience...
  6. Xbox Profil Reset A Microsoft Fiókon (Xbox profile Reset on Microsoft account)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Profil Reset A Microsoft Fiókon (Xbox profile Reset on Microsoft account): Tisztelt Community! Olyan kérdésem lenne, hogy van arra lehetőség, hogy a Microsoft fiókhoz tartozó Xbox profilt resetelni lehessen? [Translation] Dear Community! I have a question about the...
  7. Microsoft account already assigned to profile but ain't mine.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account already assigned to profile but ain't mine.: Hi all, For some weird reason it seems like someone made an Xbox profile with my Microsoft account and now I need to figure how to delete this profile. I have never had any signs of getting my...
  8. Microsoft account connectivity problems with my xbox profiles

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account connectivity problems with my xbox profiles: Guys I've been having trouble with this problem for about two years. I've tried just ignoring it but it's just become so annoying. Here's the problem: Ok so I only have one microsoft account....
  9. How to change the Microsoft account of my Xbox Live profile?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to change the Microsoft account of my Xbox Live profile?: Hello, I'd like to change, as I said in the tittle, the Microsoft account of my Xbox Live profile. In facts, I linked an Xbox Live profile to my Microsoft account, but I don't use it. Know I'd...
  10. Xbox Forums Profile Gamer Picture Merging with Microsoft Answers community

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Forums Profile Gamer Picture Merging with Microsoft Answers community: My gamer picture was showing up here then Now I get Icon showing something wrong 5238d123-a3a8-4501-873e-2284cc4ec942