Microsoft bringing native Xbox Games on your PC? Looks like it may be happening

Discus and support Microsoft bringing native Xbox Games on your PC? Looks like it may be happening in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Or at least some games anyway. Not sure how many of you follow the tech news or are involved in the Windows Insider programme, but this story may be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Obsessive Power, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Microsoft bringing native Xbox Games on your PC? Looks like it may be happening

Or at least some games anyway.

Not sure how many of you follow the tech news or are involved in the Windows Insider programme, but

this story
    may be of interesting to you anyway.

Windows Insider is like Xbox Insider, it allows you to test newer versions of the Operating System - in this case, Windows 10 - on your computer. The interesting part of this latest insider update is the opportunity for some insiders to try a free version
    of State of Decay.

Okay, so it's the PC version, big deal, right? Well, that's the interesting part. Is it the PC version, or is the Xbox version? There is already a PC version of the game on the Windows Store, this 'free' version however apparently doesn't download from
    the Windows Store server, It downloads from assets1.xboxlive.com instead. That's not where Microsoft puts its Windows 10 games.

Also, when I installed the game, I had to install what I can only assume is a special version of DirectX, you never have to install DirectX after downloading a Windows 10 game, very odd.

Also Microsoft is keen to know from Insiders how well it runs.

Frame rate seemed to fine, most of the time. Bear in mind I'm running on the follow specs though.

Intel i7 8700

16GB

GTX 1070 8GB

Windows 10 Evaluation build 18346.1

:)

Obsessive Power, Mar 4, 2019
  2. eduscxbox Win User

That is great news! It would mean a 100% integration between Xbox and Windows. It would be the perfect version of Xbox Play Anywhere , as it would not need a game to be released also on pc to be playable as any Xbox game would be right away available on
    PC. I'm looking forward to hear more about that on E3!
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi!

Do you mean Xbox Anywhere? Because thats already available.
    No, this isn't Xbox Anywhere. This may be an extension to this programme. It may have something to do with Microsoft's plans to add more games to the Gamepass that can also be played on PC.

Like I said earlier, my State of Decay game didn't launch like a normal Windows 10 game from the Windows Store, and it required a special version of DirectX to be installed.
  4. choppyseize Win User

This is interesting for sure. Curious to see what the final plan is
  5. VampyOcean1520 Win User

It sounds cool, even if its a few games.
  6. XsmkstarzX Win User

I haven't personally heard this, but if its going to happen that would be awesome!
Thema:

1. Microsoft bringing native Xbox Games on your PC? Looks like it may be happening - Similar Threads - Microsoft bringing native

2. Microsoft, bring back Xbox Live Gold in your store for Russians and everyone else!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft, bring back Xbox Live Gold in your store for Russians and everyone else!: I want to write to Microsoft about awful idea to get away Xbox Live Gold from Russians and people from other countries. Microsoft, what did you think, when you managers was looking to new...
  3. Phil Spencer Announces Sony And Microsoft Strategic Partnership | Bringing Games to more...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Phil Spencer Announces Sony And Microsoft Strategic Partnership | Bringing Games to more...: Sounds like a good idea. but with how corporations run things these days id be surprised if its as good as it sounds. but remaining hopeful ill be able to play against some PlayStation gamers...
  4. Help bring the game Black Desert to Microsofts attention please.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help bring the game Black Desert to Microsofts attention please.: I have already filed a complaint to Microsoft but i also would like to expose this game in hopes that it will gain Microsofts attention and be addressed properly. The new mmo game Black Desert...
  5. Microsoft Planning To Bring Deeper Xbox Live Support To Nintendo Switch and Mobile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Planning To Bring Deeper Xbox Live Support To Nintendo Switch and Mobile: SOURCE - Eurogamer So it seems that Microsoft are planning on expanding Xbox Live Support to platforms such as the Nintendo Switch and Mobile. I think there is already limited support for this,...
  6. Can Microsoft bring back Original Xbox Live?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can Microsoft bring back Original Xbox Live?: I think it would be a great idea for Microsoft to bring back Original Xbox Live because it would be fun for old and new players. I remember when I was younger, I used to play Halo 2 and Star Wars...
  7. Please Microsoft BRING GESTURES BACK!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please Microsoft BRING GESTURES BACK!: Microsoft PLEASE!!! If you think not many users use kinect and that you need to stop supporting it AT LEAST GET THE GESTURES BACK!!! I am really proud to own a kinect and I bought it yesterday...
  8. Microsoft should bring the WebTV brand for a streaming TV service.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft should bring the WebTV brand for a streaming TV service.: The PlayStation has PlayStation vue for TV streaming. Microsoft needs to get in the TV streaming game. Maybe the could use the WebTV name and subsidize it to get a major foot in the door....
  9. Please Microsoft help bring Fallout Shelter to Windows Phone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please Microsoft help bring Fallout Shelter to Windows Phone: Microsoft does a great job at giving players great games. Fallout shelter was announced at e3 2015 and launched as 1 in the app store for ios. Games that pull in these kind of numbers remind users...
  10. Microsoft please bring back to XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft please bring back to XBOX ONE: hay guys this is my first post and i just wanted to ask all the people that have an XBOX ONE like me. is it just me or was the XBOX ONE disappointing terms of the amount of options avaliable /...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. native xbox on pc

2. native xbox games on pc