Microsoft controllers constantly disconnecting from console?

Discus and support Microsoft controllers constantly disconnecting from console? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One S. I used the controller that came with it for nearly two years before it started experiencing normal wear and tear; stick drift,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Poison the Phil, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Microsoft controllers constantly disconnecting from console?

I have an Xbox One S. I used the controller that came with it for nearly two years before it started experiencing normal wear and tear; stick drift, unresponsive buttons.

So I went to Gamestop and gave them sixty American dollars and got a brand new Microsoft branded Xbox One controller, thinking that would be the end of my trouble.

The only variable that changed in this equation was the controller. It utterly refuses to stay connected to my console.

Again, I NEVER experienced this issue until buying a NEW controller. My original controller didn't disconnect from the console once the entire time I used it.

I got annoyed after a week or two, took my 'new' controller back to Gamestop, got another brand new still-sealed-in-the-packaging officially branded Microsoft product, and it does the exact same infuriating thing.

I have to keep the battery cover off the controller because I need to be able to quickly remove/replace one of the batteries, since it will happen literally five or six times in a row without me being able to do anything.

I've considered sending it to Microsoft but I just know I'm going to get stuck in an endless loop of receiving "functional" controller that just won't stay connected, return, ad infinitum.

Anyone experienced this? I don't have limitless money to just go throw away on controllers that work "as intended".

:)

Poison the Phil, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Poison the Phil Win User

Nothing visible. Several Wi-Fi networks in my apartment building? I've gone from playing across the room to playing with the controller no more than two feet from the console itself.
  3. Poison the Phil Win User

I've already done this once. I replaced one brand new controller with another brand new controller, and had the same problem. This problem never occurred until I bought a new controller.
  4. Poison the Phil Win User

I have. I initially used a plug-and-play kit until the disconnects became so frequent it became obvious batteries would be the quicker option. Have attempted updating console and controller many times.
  5. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Is there anything in the way of the console that could be blocking the signal?
  6. blueamcat Win User

Have you tried syncing with a USB cable directly? I do that with mine and have no issues. Can also update the controller too. Via USB cable.
Thema:

1. Microsoft controllers constantly disconnecting from console? - Similar Threads - Microsoft controllers constantly

2. Microsoft, Please Make a 360-style Xbox One Controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft, Please Make a 360-style Xbox One Controller: would love it if they a tribute controller to the 360 746065df-27e0-4c50-99a6-07081942d0d7
  3. Microsoft should improve their Xbox One Controllers via quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft should improve their Xbox One Controllers via quality: To Microsoft and/or Xbox Support, This company should fix and improve their original xbox one controllers (both black and white colors, by default) for a better experience. Every time I use each...
  4. Xbox One Controller issue AND Microsoft support issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller issue AND Microsoft support issue: I've got two wireless controllers: one has left bumper issues, the other doesn't seem to work at all anymore. I've been trying to utilize the troubleshooting page on both the xXbox and Microsoft...
  5. Xbox elite controller broken. Microsoft seemingly don't care. I tried to contact "Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox elite controller broken. Microsoft seemingly don't care. I tried to contact "Xbox...: I am very frustrated with Xbox at this moment, for reasons I will show you below. This is now my fourth attempt of trying to get some form of support or help from Microsoft after I got no response...
  6. Microsoft Flight Simulator for Xbox One - Flight Controls

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Flight Simulator for Xbox One - Flight Controls: I am wondering if the Saitek controls (yoke, rudder, throttle quadrants, etc...) will be compatible with the 2020 release of Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox one?...
  7. Microsoft Store(buying an elite controller)

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Microsoft Store(buying an elite controller): Hello, I'm thinking about buying a elite controller just bought a new xbox less than a week ago was wondering if the warranty I bought then will still cover the controller or if I will have to...
  8. Microsoft designs an Xbox controller with Braille

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft designs an Xbox controller with Braille: Microsoft designs an Xbox controller with BrailleNot all people who need braille are "blind", and with the advent of large screens, the magnifier, and the narrator it is possible for them to use...
  9. 难道微软中国的xbox手柄保修全是换成次品吗?[Translation - Is Microsoft China's xbox controller warranty all...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    难道微软中国的xbox手柄保修全是换成次品吗?[Translation - Is Microsoft China's xbox controller warranty all...: 我买了一个手柄,前前后后申请过两三次保修,结果换的手柄每次都有问题,不是按键不灵敏就是LB,RB松动,越换越垃圾。天猫或京东上微软说的一年换新就是天大的谎言,明明就是换一个修过次品。 奉劝大家,手柄有问题尽量退货, 为他们的保修就是给 换一个过不了质检没办法销售的次品。...
  10. Xbox Adaptive Controller and microsoft wireless controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Adaptive Controller and microsoft wireless controller: Can wireless controller work with Xbox Adaptive Controller? My son would use buttons plugged into adaptive controller for shooting while I would assist him with steering via wireless controller....