Microsoft Edge Browser on Xbox One Has Problem Streaming Content

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Browser on Xbox One Has Problem Streaming Content in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft Edge Browser on Xbox One Has Problem Streaming Content Hi NGOCPHI, Thanks for responding. Based on your explanation it sounds like until... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MPCRUSHER, Jul 18, 2019.

1. MPCRUSHER
    MPCRUSHER Guest

Hi NGOCPHI,

Thanks for responding. Based on your explanation it sounds like until Microsoft updates the codecs on the Xbox One to handle more formats including html5 I can expect to continue to have this problem. Unlike with PCs it does not look like I can download
    other codec s/w to the Xbox One to possibly resolve the issue. I did a quick look up of VLC. It looks like it is only available for Windows XP SP3 to Windows 10 running on PCs. Again, thanks for the explanation.

:)

MPCRUSHER, Jul 18, 2019
  2. MPCRUSHER Win User

Hi MorkyMork1991,

There is no “mobile view” in the settings on the Edge app on my Xbox One. This setting feature appears to only be available on the mobile version of the Edge app on my smart phone.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Well first you gotta look at the two differences

A xbox one edge only supports html5 or active x streaming as long as the codec is available to xbox

So if you ask your publisher what standard they use for example flash then no console.will.work

If some videos are non standard codecs or not html 5 like how youtube isnt allhtml5 then you will have hits and no misses

With windows pc efge you have flash and usually have rhe nessary codecs

With anything that is non pc like consoles or mobile phones you will always have an issue because you dont know what format they are streaming in and not everyone uses the same codec or html5 remember html5 is still relatively new except for netflix or standard
    pages like youtube or fb you will always have issues wirh streaming websites because not all uploaders or sites use the same thin

If you want a perfect t player your best bet ia pc or vlc for xbox one for local content
  4. MorkyMork1991 Win User

Hey there

Go to settings in Microsoft Edge on your Xbox and select "mobile view". That should help.
  5. MPCRUSHER Win User

Hi NGOCPHI,

Thanks for responding. Based on your explanation it sounds like until Microsoft updates the codecs on the Xbox One to handle more formats including html5 I can expect to continue to have this problem. Unlike with PCs it does not look like I can download
    other codec s/w to the Xbox One to possibly resolve the issue. I did a quick look up of VLC. It looks like it is only available for Windows XP SP3 to Windows 10 running on PCs. Again, thanks for the explanation.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Browser on Xbox One Has Problem Streaming Content - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Browser

2. Might be a problem on my end but my mouse doesnt work on microsoft edge.

in XboX Insiders
    Might be a problem on my end but my mouse doesnt work on microsoft edge.: submitted by /u/itsragingnight [link] [comments]
  3. Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working: Hello Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working. Response is website is not responding in left and a recover webpage button in right, It use work initial days. It is not...
  4. microsoft edge and Books tab under Xbox one X edge browser is that going to happen soon?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft edge and Books tab under Xbox one X edge browser is that going to happen soon?: Microsoft Edge and the missing Books tab under Xbox one X edge browser but may be an better idea yet have a built in eBooks Tab on the Xbox One X console itself, like it has Home, Mixer,...
  5. The new Microsoft Edge browser is a train wreck, pile of crap and disaster

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The new Microsoft Edge browser is a train wreck, pile of crap and disaster: I took my console out of preview when the Microft Edge update was in beta because it was so broken. And now its released to the public when its not even fit for beta. Please revert the update and...
  6. Can't find the Microsoft edge browser app to add to Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find the Microsoft edge browser app to add to Xbox One: I added edge to my own xbox a long time ago and it is still working fine (well, for edge that is). But I tried to add it to another Xbox console and can't find any way to add the app. It just...
  7. Is Microsoft Edge supposed to be a standalone browser?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is Microsoft Edge supposed to be a standalone browser?: No matter how I configure to be full screen in settings, starting always give me Games n apps and Edge in a sidebar. I thought it would be some cookie thing, so I also cleared history. But then...
  8. Microsoft Edge Browser in Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Browser in Xbox One: hi all, I just bought Xbox One for my son and so far he is loving it. Only one problem though, Microsoft Edge browser is set to www.bing.com and every time we try to open browser it starts...
  9. Video streaming quits on Microsoft Edge & internet browser

in XBoX on Consoles
    Video streaming quits on Microsoft Edge & internet browser: Has anyone else had an issue where Microsoft Edge quits during video playback? I was watching an online movie today from a website I've been using for years when Edge suddenly quit. I cleared the...
  10. Microsoft Edge browser

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Edge browser: Hello, When I press the View button (i.e. the old BACK button) to bring up the search bar and start typing search text into it, it sometimes at random times replaces the text I'd typed in with...