Microsoft Edge is Not Working Again

Discus and support Microsoft Edge is Not Working Again in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I use Mictosoft edge daily on my xbox as it is the only browser. It signed me out of all sites I use and will not allow me to sign in again. I did a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AliceInWonderland6, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Microsoft Edge is Not Working Again

I use Mictosoft edge daily on my xbox as it is the only browser. It signed me out of all sites I use and will not allow me to sign in again. I did a hard reset and unplugged it. It did not resolve the issue. Not even my start page is working on Edge. It
    is blank. No favorites, no history, nothing. I finally did a factory reset which of course screwed up my games with mods, but Edge worked again temporarily. It worked for a month or two before going right back to the same issues it had prior to the factory
    reset. I do not want to keep losing my mods for games nor have to download them since I have a cap on my wifi usage. The games I have only digital copies of use a lot of data. I should not be penalized because the browser keeps breaking. The issue has been
    reported by many people, so why hasn't it been resolved?

When will there be an update to fix what is happening? At this point people who have reported the issue and have had it continue to happen deserve an official response. I refuse to list all the websites it happens on because as I said it is any I need to
    sign into. Not just one site but all of them. The start page and my home page are also broken and blank.

:)

AliceInWonderland6, Aug 10, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

If you join Xbox Insider Program by using the Report-a-Problem feature, a long press of the Nexus button, the developers will investigate
    each report and provide an answer hopefully.
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello AliceInWonderland6!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you've been experiencing with the Microsoft Edge app.

The times that you've factory reset your console,

did you go with the KEEP MY GAMES AND APPS option or the DELETE EVERYTHING option when resetting your console?

Let us know!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. AliceInWonderland6 Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
    I did that as I stated above and it did not resolve the problem. I did it several times and it did not resolve the problem. How many times will I have to try what doesn't work before this gets an update to fix it?

Just to make certain you know that it does nothing to fix the browser I did it again exactly as you stated and exactly as I have done many times. It did not change anything at all.
  5. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

After you factory reset and reinstalled your profile did you load up Edge only by itself?

The reason for asking is I use Edge on console all the time and have not had the same problems you are having.

When you open Edge does it load the default page?

How many Tabs do you have open at any one time?

I usually open about 4-6 and close them all before quitting Edge so that when I start it again it doesn't open previous Tabs that may take ages to load if left open.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge is Not Working Again - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Working

2. Minecraft addon links not working through Microsoft Edge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft addon links not working through Microsoft Edge: I’ve been trying to download a texture pack on my xbox one s minecraft account. I have a link through mediafire and every time I try to download the file, it goes into my file explorer. That...
  3. Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working: Hello Microsoft XBox OneS edge browser video streaming not working. Response is website is not responding in left and a recover webpage button in right, It use work initial days. It is not...
  4. Microsoft edge app not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft edge app not working: On my xbox one console the Microsoft edge app won't launch and neither will some other apps please help a54c07cf-4e1f-4356-b1fc-af576f18dfda
  5. CRTV wont work on Microsoft edge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CRTV wont work on Microsoft edge: I see a couple threads about this but neither of them have been answered and they just loop back to one another so my question is how do I get Edge to play CRTV. It seems since the new update it...
  6. Microsoft edge freezing constantly and putting it into a group doesn't work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft edge freezing constantly and putting it into a group doesn't work: First when I pin (group) Edge it would work fine but after I turn off my console it becomes a default image and just doesn't do anything when I click it. When I try to use Edge it would just...
  7. Microsoft edge not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft edge not working: my microsoft edge on xbox one s is not working after April update. And i can’t find it in store. Please help! c5162e8a-6c7d-4836-becb-80e783ceabab
  8. Microsoft Edge isn’t working as good as before.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge isn’t working as good as before.: Hello, my name is Aaron. I am having issues with my Microsoft Edge on my Xbox One. I believe there was an update that changed a few things but it ultimately just made it worse for me. See I...
  9. New account.xbox.com website doesn't work properly with Mozzila Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New account.xbox.com website doesn't work properly with Mozzila Firefox and Microsoft Edge.: Tittle says all. The new website fails to display game clips on Microsoft Edge and Mozzila Firefox. It just shows this: [img] ...and never loads! Also, the "Popular Mixer Streams" does now show...
  10. Xbox One Microsoft edge isn't working on my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Microsoft edge isn't working on my account: The Microsoft edge on my Xbox one isn't working. It says We are unable to connect to the service at this time. I signed into my daughters account and it works. So it's not the Xbox itself it's...