Microsoft Edge Security on Xbox Series X/S

Discus and support Microsoft Edge Security on Xbox Series X/S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I am wondering how safe Edge on Xbox Series X/S is compared to browsing on the computer? For example, if you book hotels, do shopping, use your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Curious778, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Curious778
    Curious778 Guest

Hi,

I am wondering how safe Edge on Xbox Series X/S is compared to browsing on the computer?

For example, if you book hotels, do shopping, use your credit card, etc.

I am wondering in case there is a malicious website or something that cause a lot of problems.

Since there are many virus-related ads and potentially many things I may not even know, I'd like to make sure.

Any ideas?

:)

Curious778, Aug 4, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Curious778

To be honest I think both browsers are safe. But on Xbox could be a bit more, due to there you're not allowed to download content directly to the console.

Viruses exists due to people download untrusted files and they opened on their computers or download not licensed/legal programs. That's it

The best antivirus is the common sense, so as long as you always enter to safe and trusted pages, you're good to go.

Hope it helps, don't hesitate to ask further questions if necessary
    Greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. Kathy A. Win User

F1TV not playing live video

Hello,

We really appreciate everyone's response to streaming F1TV on Microsoft Edge for Xbox Series X|S. As previously asked, based on the answer we have here, there is an issue specifically on the F1TV website, on Microsoft Edge, and on the device: Xbox Series X|S.

Isolating the issue based on your responses:

• Try other streaming sites if the issue persists on Microsoft Edge for Xbox console; we got a response that other streaming sites work fine.
    • Try the same page (F1TV) on a different device: We got two responses that this page works fine on a different device.
    • Use InPrivate Window: We received a response that still persists.
    • The problem exists only this year; we received a reply that confirms it.
    We may need to consider any updates that occur before the issue starts. If there is no Microsoft Edge or Xbox Series X|S update that can cause the issue, then this issue should also be reported to F1TV Support.

As we pass this along to the correct team who will further investigate this issue, we would ask everyone to take these two steps.

First, take a screenshot of the page in Microsoft Edge that displays the error message with the website visible.

Second, install the Xbox Report a Problem app from Microsoft Store on Xbox Series X|S and send feedback to Team Xbox. Kindly attach the screenshots you have taken beforehand and submit feedback to the team.

Please check this link for guide: Provide feedback to Team Xbox

If you have a different concern kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Kind regards,

4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox series x/s

No one knows if the game will be available for the Series S/X, but Microsoft did state that they will be trying to get most of the Xbox One games backward compatible on the Series X/S, so hopefully it will be.
  5. Smwutches Win User

The Medium

Spencer said all generations of games will work on the Series S/X and Microsoft Studio games will be released on Game Pass day 1 for both the One and Series S/X. The Medium is not a Microsoft Studios title so the publishers/developers have decided to release
    it for the Series S/X.
  6. MichaelHurley219 Win User

Microsoft Edge can't update on Xbox Series S

When I open the browser, using Xbox Series S, in the upper right corner there are 3 dots (...). From those dots a box opens saying it was unable to update the browser and to reinstall Microsoft Edge. The link takes you to a Microsoft page where you can download Edge, but you have to first select a Windows version. Xbox is not listed as it's a modified Windows operating system.

If you "X out" of the notification Window saying it was unable to update and to reinstall Edge. There is a red notification tag on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner indicating something needs to be done. When you click on the 3 dots at the top of that menu it says "Microsoft Edge is out of date". When you click on the message it opens the box telling you to reinstall Microsoft Edge.
Thema:

1. Microsoft Edge Security on Xbox Series X/S - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge Security

2. Xbox Series X Microsoft Edge orange update icon

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X Microsoft Edge orange update icon: I use Microsoft Edge on my Xbox for internet browsing since I don't own a PC and a orange update icon appeared on the top right corner of the browser and every time I click the update now, it...
  3. Issue Microsoft Edge Xbox console rewards login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Issue Microsoft Edge Xbox console rewards login: Why my account won't stay sync log in rewards everything working fine Microsoft didn't have update edge for long while in x box please getting fix soon thanks you very much. Everything is sync but...
  4. Microsoft Edge is very hard to use now.

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge is very hard to use now.: So... First of all, sorry for my english. I'm Brazilian and I'm learning. I'm delta insider and have one thing what have hapenned 2 days ago to now. I use my xbox how computer, 'cause i don't...
  5. Microsoft edge update now xbox series x

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft edge update now xbox series x: Microsoft edge says update now but doesn't work anybody else? submitted by /u/yachtz420 [link] [comments]
  6. Microsoft Jigsaw crashes when opening some page in Edge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Jigsaw crashes when opening some page in Edge: MS Jigsaw keeps crashing. Today it crashed twice while it seemed to open a page in Edge. The second time I saved the URL in case it helps MS to fix the crashes:...
  7. Microsoft Edge won't open

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge won't open: I have trying to use Microsoft Edge but it won't open. I keep trying to use the a button multiple times on Microsoft Edge icon and it does not open for me. Can anyone help me...
  8. Microsoft Edge on my xbox might have a virus

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Edge on my xbox might have a virus: I just went on Microsoft Edge on my xbox and a bunch of stuff turned red and every time I scrolled down it started freaking out and glitching. I've reset my xbox. Checked xbox status and it's...
  9. Ability to Live Stream Microsoft Edge Browser and other improvements for streaming?

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to Live Stream Microsoft Edge Browser and other improvements for streaming?: I've been live streaming to Twitch using the built in menu on my Xbox Series X for months now and I really enjoy it. However, are a few things that really frustrate me. Any time you go to a...
  10. Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?: To clarify my problem, I recorded the issue: https://vimeo.com/330395835 About two months ago, I accessed a adult site in my xbox one using Microsoft Edge inPrivate mode. I was apprehensive, but...